Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Saints have class « previous next »
Page: 1 2

zed

Pro Bowler

« : November 05, 2006, 03:59:07 PM »

For not running up the score in the final minutes even though they could have easily.

BucfaninDC

Starter

« #1 : November 05, 2006, 04:01:00 PM »

It won't help their ranking in the BCS, though....

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
« #2 : November 05, 2006, 04:01:30 PM »

I dont see that as class. I think Payton and Co. just felt sorry for us.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future.” - Josh Freeman

gone

Hall of Famer
« #3 : November 05, 2006, 04:04:02 PM »

They were just closing out the game.  When you can run 9 minutes off thats better than an quick strike in a lot of ways...

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #4 : November 05, 2006, 04:04:57 PM »

They should have rammed the ball down the Bucs throats, and went for two.

Why not?  If you can, you should.

And the Bucs defense is pitiable.  Brooks needs to retire, Simeon needs to go somewhere else, Spires needs to go, Mahan is a turd, Clayton cannot get open, Caddy has nothing to run behind, the safeties are two garbage bags with jerseys on.

The Bucs suck.  Period.

Argue with me all you want, but they suck.

And I LOVE the Bucs.  But man, nothing good to look forward to here.  

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #5 : November 05, 2006, 04:05:37 PM »

I agree that it was a classy way to close out the game.

zed

Pro Bowler

« #6 : November 05, 2006, 04:11:38 PM »

It was impossible to catch up in two minutes.  But yeah, you're right, Peyton felt sorry for us.  That's what I meant by class instead of them rubbing it in.  That loss hurt a lot because I felt we had a legitimate chance to win.

« #7 : November 05, 2006, 04:19:15 PM »

couldnt have said it better Boid. Nece is as transparent as Spires, and Quarles is as disappointing as Brooks

T

Hall of Famer

« #8 : November 05, 2006, 04:44:49 PM »

I would've run the score up, to show the Bucs defense just how pathetic they really are.

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

« #9 : November 05, 2006, 04:47:28 PM »

Why not?  If you can, you should.

And the Bucs defense is pitiable.  Brooks needs to retire, Simeon needs to go somewhere else, Spires needs to go, Mahan is a turd, Clayton cannot get open, Caddy has nothing to run behind, the safeties are two garbage bags with jerseys on.

The Bucs suck.  Period.

And I LOVE the Bucs.  But man, nothing good to look forward to here. 

As much as I hate to say it...it's true.  We're bad.  Very, very bad.  The question is, are we worse than we were in 04?

alstott40

Pro Bowler

« #10 : November 05, 2006, 05:44:12 PM »

agreed

bucs fan since 96'

havn't seen them suck this bad since the last 5-11 season

Anymore booze out there? Got a nice buzz during the game

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

« #11 : November 05, 2006, 05:48:38 PM »

I thought that was VERY classy to kneel on the ball at the end.  I will respect payton for as long as hes around because of that.

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

« #12 : November 05, 2006, 05:52:31 PM »

and to even knell on 4rth and goal he could have easily scored that drive or even kicked that field goal but payton truely is a great guy

TURBO

Hall of Famer

« #13 : November 05, 2006, 06:37:52 PM »

bucs fan since 96'

bandwagoneer, why does this not surprise me?

*sigh*

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

« #14 : November 05, 2006, 07:21:39 PM »

Why not?  If you can, you should.

And the Bucs defense is pitiable.  Brooks needs to retire, Simeon needs to go somewhere else, Spires needs to go, Mahan is a turd, Clayton cannot get open, Caddy has nothing to run behind, the safeties are two garbage bags with jerseys on.

The Bucs suck.  Period.

And I LOVE the Bucs.  But man, nothing good to look forward to here. 

agreed.  the only light at the end of this tunnel is our 4 day 1 picks and more money to spend in FA then we have had in years.  but as for the remaining 8 games, mowing my lawn on sunday afernoons would be entertaining then watching us wallow in mediocrity.
  Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Saints have class « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools