Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Playoffs...there is still hope « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 05, 2006, 08:52:53 PM

You know things are bad when the Zellmeister has thrown in the towel.   

mark2001

Pro Bowler
#16 : November 05, 2006, 09:03:44 PM

we aren't playing in the postseason this year.  we are 2-6 and 0-4 in our division.  we have 3 inconsistent rooks starting on offense, including a rookie QB.  our best offensive player is our RB, but we cant get him going because we fall behind early in games and our offense becomes one dimensional out of neccesity.  we have an aging defense with no pass rush and a terrible secondary.  we still have to go through the dreaded 3 games in 10 day stretch in addition to 3 cold weather road games.  best case scenairio: 6-10 and that would involve some binge Kool-Aid drinking.  we're toast.  this is a lost season. take it for what it is: the last hurrah for a once great defense, valuable playing time for Bruce/Davin/True/Ruud, an audition for Wyms, perhap's Allstot's last season in a Buc uniform, and a wakeup call for Gruden/Allen.  Look forward to the offseason with our 4 day one picks and the best cap situation we've had in years.  But dont hold you breath on this team sniffing a .500 record. 

Well stated.   In these trying times, such clarity is not often found with regularity now days.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 05, 2006, 09:05:41 PM

we aren't playing in the postseason this year.  we are 2-6 and 0-4 in our division.  we have 3 inconsistent rooks starting on offense, including a rookie QB.  our best offensive player is our RB, but we cant get him going because we fall behind early in games and our offense becomes one dimensional out of neccesity.  we have an aging defense with no pass rush and a terrible secondary.  we still have to go through the dreaded 3 games in 10 day stretch in addition to 3 cold weather road games.  best case scenairio: 6-10 and that would involve some binge Kool-Aid drinking.  we're toast.  this is a lost season. take it for what it is: the last hurrah for a once great defense, valuable playing time for Bruce/Davin/True/Ruud, an audition for Wyms, perhap's Allstot's last season in a Buc uniform, and a wakeup call for Gruden/Allen.  Look forward to the offseason with our 4 day one picks and the best cap situation we've had in years.  But dont hold you breath on this team sniffing a .500 record. 

Well stated.   In these trying times, such clarity is not often found with regularity now days.

LMAO....the irony of it.

TBYFLBuc

Second String

#18 : November 05, 2006, 09:06:40 PM

PLAYOFFS??PLAYOFFS?!!.. DID YOU JUST SAY PLAYOFFS?!.....PLAYOFFS?!!...I just hope we win another damn game.......

sorry I guess it was only funny back then

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#19 : November 05, 2006, 09:14:44 PM

Today was bad. Very bad.  Thank god in these here parts of Texas I can buy beer on Sunday and wallow in my agony.  I'm half way thru an 18 pack of Miller Lite and I'm still pissed.  The reverse play call on 3rd and 3 with us only down 17-14 was pathetic.  The Bucs need to play 60 minutes of good football and then we might see win number 3.    For those that still see a wildcard spot for the Bucs I'll take whatever you are on.   I could use a good dose of false reality.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#20 : November 05, 2006, 10:24:03 PM

Hell, 30-40 min of good football would be great. :(

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 05, 2006, 10:25:18 PM

We had 15 minutes today, stop complaining. 

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#22 : November 05, 2006, 10:28:01 PM

That is such BS.   Fans can say that all they want, I don't believe it.   Back when the Bucs really did suck, fans used to say "I wish there were just competitive, I'd be happy with that."    Then the Bucs got good and the mentality changed.    All of a sudden, just competitive wasn't good enough.   The Bucs had to make it to the playoffs every year and win in the playoffs or the complaints would roll.   

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#23 : November 05, 2006, 10:31:06 PM

That is such BS. Fans can say that all they want, I don't believe it. Back when the Bucs really did suck, fans used to say "I wish there were just competitive, I'd be happy with that." Then the Bucs got good and the mentality changed. All of a sudden, just competitive wasn't good enough. The Bucs had to make it to the playoffs every year and win in the playoffs or the complaints would roll.
With all due respect, Java, we're not even competitve. It's sad we're so happy the Saints didn't score more.

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#24 : November 05, 2006, 10:35:31 PM

That is such BS.   Fans can say that all they want, I don't believe it.   Back when the Bucs really did suck, fans used to say "I wish there were just competitive, I'd be happy with that."    Then the Bucs got good and the mentality changed.    All of a sudden, just competitive wasn't good enough.   The Bucs had to make it to the playoffs every year and win in the playoffs or the complaints would roll.   

That's what happens when you start winning. The expectations are raised, and the team is assumed to meet those expectations. It doesn't always work; unfortunately. After the Superbowl, the Bucs' expectation level was bumped up. Ever since then, the Bucs haven't really reached that expectation level. They won the NFC South last year, yes, but they laid an egg in the first game of the play-offs. Sometimes, those expectations are too high for anyone to reach.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#25 : November 05, 2006, 10:41:09 PM

r.. i.. g.. h.. t ....

rocketspeed

Practice Squad

#26 : November 05, 2006, 10:38:42 PM

I say we are very competative, otherwise we wouldn't have scored 14 points straight up against a good defensive team today. The Bucs have insanse weapons on offense and we WERE playing good defense. The problem I'm seeing is Inconsistency. That has been the key factor in all of our losses. The Bucs have been in almost every game and could have won most of the games. The team needs a break, the defense NEEDS to catch those interceptions, we need some reignitement, a sparkle, SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WILLBLEE

Starter

#27 : November 05, 2006, 10:50:38 PM

The D and O of our Bucs will never allow an 8 game winning streak.
At least that's "how they roll" this year. [banghead]

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#28 : November 05, 2006, 10:52:53 PM

I say we are very competative, otherwise we wouldn't have scored 14 points straight up against a good defensive team today. The Bucs have insanse weapons on offense and we WERE playing good defense. The problem I'm seeing is Inconsistency. That has been the key factor in all of our losses. The Bucs have been in almost every game and could have won most of the games. The team needs a break, the defense NEEDS to catch those interceptions, we need some reignitement, a sparkle, SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Put down the koolade & step away slowly.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#29 : November 05, 2006, 10:56:15 PM

Why in the Lord's name would anyone want to see this team in the playoffs?

A masochistic prolonging of the agony?  :(

I agree with RPC. Let the kids play and sort out who belongs when the season is mercifully over. Maybe by then offense gels enough to show signs of life and some promise for next year..

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Playoffs...there is still hope « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools