Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WOW - ending to the Cowboys vs Skins game « previous next »
Page: 1

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

: November 05, 2006, 04:10:08 PM

Did anyone watch that.

Score tied Cowboys go for a 49 yard FG with 6 seconds left.

Missed FG, Skins recover, run around for 6 seconds and get the ball to midfield, clock is dead, BUT there was a face mask against the Cowboys.

15 yard penalty and an untimed play.....FG range, Skins win.

BuccoJD

Starter

#1 : November 05, 2006, 04:13:20 PM

Incredible...

Sean Taylor with a heads up play. I'm baffled

da49erfan

Starter

#2 : November 05, 2006, 04:15:04 PM

my buddy was over and he's a redskins fan....he went crazy. lets just say he now believes in God,lol.

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

#3 : November 05, 2006, 04:16:54 PM

that is nuts.  I could hear it from where the computer is but I didn't see it.  Maybe now the "experts" will shut up about Tony Romo.

BucfaninDC

Starter

#4 : November 05, 2006, 04:17:12 PM

Don't really care either way who won, but that 15 yard face mask call was bad...It was a 5 yarder, not a personal foul.

BucfaninDC

Starter

#5 : November 05, 2006, 04:18:15 PM

that is nuts.  I could hear it from where the computer is but I didn't see it.  Maybe now the "experts" will shut up about Tony Romo.

What does Romo have to do with a blocked FG?  He actually looks good, way better than Bledsoe, at least.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 05, 2006, 04:18:30 PM

Don't really care either way who won, but that 15 yard face mask call was bad...It was a 5 yarder, not a personal foul.

Not sure about that.  He grabbed the face mask and turned Taylors head.

BucfaninDC

Starter

#7 : November 05, 2006, 04:19:53 PM

His head turned slightly...He let go immediately once he grabbed it....It wasn't anything big, it was a 5 yarder, nothing more.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 05, 2006, 07:31:50 PM

His head turned slightly...He let go immediately once he grabbed it....It wasn't anything big, it was a 5 yarder, nothing more.

Just saw it again on Sport Center.  The only thing the Cowboy grabbed was the face mask and he turned Taylor's head before letting go.  You can't let players get away with grabbing at face masks of players running flat out.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 05, 2006, 07:35:33 PM

I thought it was a great ending. I'm not sure how anoyone can say that's a 15yd penalty. Seriously, I don't care who won the game but the guy let it go as soon as he grabbed it. That was a total bush call........
I picked the skins to win so I'm happy but that was weak as hell.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 05, 2006, 07:38:53 PM

I thought it was a great ending. I'm not sure how anoyone can say that's a 15yd penalty. Seriously, I don't care who won the game but the guy let it go as soon as he grabbed it. That was a total bush call........

Incidental face mask is when the player is trying to make a tackle and gets it by accident.  The fact that the only contact was on the face mask and he turned Taylor's head, gave the officals no option IMO.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 05, 2006, 07:44:37 PM

Incidental face mask is when the player is trying to make a tackle and gets it by accident. The fact that the only contact was on the face mask and he turned Taylor's head, gave the officals no option IMO.

I can understand that but it looked like, to me anyway, that the guy was trying to grab him high to bring taylor down. If that call was on the Bucs we'd be pitch'n a freak'n fit about now....

BucfaninDC

Starter

#12 : November 05, 2006, 07:46:19 PM

Just like that guy whoever it was that accidently grabbed Taylor's mask.  He was just reaching for anything and when it happened to be the mask, he let go.  At this point, he should have held on and drug him down.  Then it would have been 15 yards from that spot instead of the end of the run.  That would have been out of field goal range.

Badbud8

Second String

#13 : November 06, 2006, 07:02:40 AM

Any time a players is Running and the ONLY thing you grab is face mask and head pulls around,it is 15 yards Personal Foul.

Plus it was TO the Cowboys,,,,,,,,,,could not be Better
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WOW - ending to the Cowboys vs Skins game « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools