Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WOW...BOLD STATEMENT HERE « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

« : August 01, 2007, 03:59:33 PM »

http://cbs.sportsline.com/

Front page main story starts off with:

Bill Belichick is the greatest coach in NFL history.

Sorry if it means nothing to you guys but I hate the patriots and could not believe that this columnist states this? Feedback?

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

« #1 : August 01, 2007, 04:01:02 PM »

you hate them b/c of jealousy... i just dont get why everyone hates them soooo much. personally i admire the entire organization... they are the MODEL of how to win and remain competitive.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

« #2 : August 01, 2007, 04:26:25 PM »

As long as we forget his time in Cleveland.

This guy is my hero. I agree with the cleveland thing completely. Bill has won on the wings of a 6th round QB that happened to be one of the best. If he was so great he would not have had that huge melt down in the second half of the game againts the Colts. About the jealousy thing, it is not that, I live in Maine, and I enjoy  Buccaneers football, so much so that I flew down to attend a couple of TC's. I know pathetic, but still the fans of the patriots and red sox fans in general disgust me. Therefore, it also breeds hatred for the teams.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

« #3 : August 01, 2007, 04:07:31 PM »

I agree with that statement.

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

« #4 : August 01, 2007, 04:08:31 PM »

You have to respect what that organization has done. They have been one of the most successful teams in this decade and it doesn't look like they're gonna drop down any time soon. As for Bill B., he is one of the best in the game, but I don't think he's the greatest ever. I mean the guy does have Brady as his QB.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
« #5 : August 01, 2007, 04:09:09 PM »

And yet the coach is known as arrogant/less than personable and has been criticized by some former players.

T

Hall of Famer

« #6 : August 01, 2007, 04:11:21 PM »

To win three Super Bowls in the salary cap area with the players he has, I agree with that statement. As great as Lombardi,Walsh,Shula and others were could thy succeed in the salary cap era where there are 32 teams all determined to win. When Lombardi, Shula and Knoll were coaches there weren't as many teams to compete with and there was no salary cap.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

« #7 : August 01, 2007, 04:11:27 PM »

how many great coaches didnt have a great qb? not all that many.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

« #8 : August 01, 2007, 04:28:43 PM »

the guy that wrote this is also pathetic in the fact that he states the NY Giants will be in the Super Bowl.

stereochemistry

Pro Bowler

« #9 : August 01, 2007, 04:21:13 PM »

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #10 : August 01, 2007, 04:23:53 PM »

And yet the coach is known as arrogant/less than personable and has been criticized by some former players.

Which is acceptable if you win.   ;)

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

« #11 : August 01, 2007, 04:34:33 PM »

I don't think any coach in the "modern era" or before, is better than Bill Walsh. He changed the game on both sides of the ball.

As far as leaders go, Bill Belichek deserves high consideration as being a great one, but him being the best "coach" of all time is laughable.

See Lombardi, Landry, Noll, Stram, Walsh, Shula, Gibbs, Parcells(who groomed Belichek), Vermiel, Dungy, Cowher, and even Holmgren.

Before you say Belichek, remember his team has been built around a great QB. All coaches, even bad ones, will look great with that QB. See Charley Wiess.

P.S. Not saying Charley Wiess is a bad coach, but did anyone know his name before Tom Brady put him on the map?

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
« #12 : August 01, 2007, 04:46:26 PM »

Which is acceptable if you win. ;)

I am sure that there are BostonBayfan or bornapat types calling for his head for letting Malloy, Law, Branch etc go.

T

Hall of Famer

« #13 : August 01, 2007, 04:47:50 PM »

I don't think any coach in the "modern era" or before, is better than Bill Walsh. He changed the game on both sides of the ball.

As far as leaders go, Bill Belichek deserves high consideration as being a great one, but him being the best "coach" of all time is laughable.

See Lombardi, Landry, Noll, Stram, Walsh, Shula, Gibbs, Parcells(who groomed Belichek), Vermiel, Dungy, Cowher, and even Holmgren.

Before you say Belichek, remember his team has been built around a great QB. All coaches, even bad ones, will look great with that QB. See Charley Wiess.

P.S. Not saying Charley Wiess is a bad coach, but did anyone know his name before Tom Brady put him on the map?

All those guys you metioned have not won MULTIPLE Super Bowl Titles in the Salary Cap era, that's why Belichek is number 1 in my book.

JC510

Practice Squad

« #14 : August 01, 2007, 04:51:37 PM »

Thats not fair. He was in a situation where the team was leaving Cleveland, it was a no win situation.
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WOW...BOLD STATEMENT HERE « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools