Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who will survive the WR battles? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#15 : August 01, 2007, 10:59:32 PM

There's no chance Hilliard and Boston both make it unless there's an injury to Galloway, Clayton or Stovall.
What?

Gruden is more than likely to keep five.

Galloway
Clayton
Mo Stove
Hilliard
Boston
and...
Jones (probably)

Yea 5. You named 6. They're not gonna keep both Hilliard and Boston just to use one of them only when 2 other WRs go down in the same game, which is extremely rare. Rather they're gonna keep a guy like Hayward or Darby to play special teams. Another possibility is to have Buchanon be the punt returner and only keep 4 WRs and then flex out Stevens in an emergency situation.

Stevens is probably faster than Clayton.

So I cvan see using him on the outside.

And I did name 6, with a
probably
thrown into the mix.  Jones has been able to keep his job for a few minutes now, so I imagine he must be doing something correct for Bisaccia to recommend keeping his one trick pony around.  At least Jones can field a ball pretty cleanly, so they don't have to worry about turnovers. 

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#16 : August 01, 2007, 11:27:18 PM

I am going to say that we keep 5 REAL WRs - Galloway, Stovall, Boston, Clayton, Hilliard and then one of the special teamers. I would say we'll keep Owens this year unless he fumbles a lot in camp or blows in the preseason. I think we're through with Mark Jones.

There is always the chance that we keep Buchannon as the punt returner, as someone mentioned and then we just cut Jones and Owens. I would be satisfied with that as long as Buchannon gets a ton of practice at returning punts.

JC510

Practice Squad

#17 : August 01, 2007, 11:28:34 PM

I am going to say that we keep 5 REAL WRs - Galloway, Stovall, Boston, Clayton, Hilliard and then one of the special teamers. I would say we'll keep Owens this year unless he fumbles a lot in camp or blows in the preseason. I think we're through with Mark Jones.

There is always the chance that we keep Buchannon as the punt returner, as someone mentioned and then we just cut Jones and Owens. I would be satisfied with that as long as Buchannon gets a ton of practice at returning punts.

So what is that 5th "real" WR going to do besides stand on the sideline and never play?

blitz

Pro Bowler
#18 : August 02, 2007, 12:27:20 AM

I really think Owens has a shot at returns.   He's obviously quicker than Jones and surehanded.    Hilliard is looking very good and Boston had a great practice on Wednesday including his long end around run.  It's going to be a nailbiter for somenone.   Guess the preseason games will tell us a lot.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#19 : August 02, 2007, 07:08:13 AM

Trade Clayton, I'm over him.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#20 : August 02, 2007, 11:22:51 AM

There's no chance Hilliard and Boston both make it unless there's an injury to Galloway, Clayton or Stovall.
What?

Gruden is more than likely to keep five.

Galloway
Clayton
Mo Stove
Hilliard
Boston
and...
Jones (probably)

Yea 5. You named 6. They're not gonna keep both Hilliard and Boston just to use one of them only when 2 other WRs go down in the same game, which is extremely rare. Rather they're gonna keep a guy like Hayward or Darby to play special teams. Another possibility is to have Buchanon be the punt returner and only keep 4 WRs and then flex out Stevens in an emergency situation.

Stevens is probably faster than Clayton.

So I cvan see using him on the outside.

And I did name 6, with a
probably
thrown into the mix. Jones has been able to keep his job for a few minutes now, so I imagine he must be doing something correct for Bisaccia to recommend keeping his one trick pony around. At least Jones can field a ball pretty cleanly, so they don't have to worry about turnovers.

[/quotes]

Stevens is faster than Clayton? if that is the case then they should switch positions since clayton can block.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#21 : August 02, 2007, 11:38:35 AM

So what is that 5th "real" WR going to do besides stand on the sideline and never play?
Alright, fair enough.

BUt it is either Gruden keeps 4 running backs (Graham and Darby)

or

possibly 6 wideouts.

I really think Owens has a shot at returns. He's obviously quicker than Jones and surehanded. Hilliard is looking very good and Boston had a great practice on Wednesday including his long end around run. It's going to be a nailbiter for somenone. Guess the preseason games will tell us a lot.
Owens knock is he doesn;t have the best hands.

All Jones can really do is field a clean ball, and return a punt for the middle of the pack type numbers.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#22 : August 02, 2007, 11:40:13 AM

Galloway-Stovall-Boston-Clayton-Hillard

in that exact order

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#23 : August 02, 2007, 02:02:27 PM

It only takes one injury at WR for that 5th WR to become your 4th WR and two injuries and they are your #3 WR.  I would not be so quick to dismiss the importance of having a WR that can actually catch the ball as a #5 on the depth chart.

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#24 : August 02, 2007, 05:55:23 PM

I think a sleeper to look out for is Gessner.

I think roster will look like this, "IF" we choose to go with 6 WR's:
Galloway
Boston/Stovall
Hilliard/Clayton
Gessner
Owens KR/PR

#25 : August 02, 2007, 06:09:08 PM

Clayton looks so slow, it isn't even funny.

He is going to have another terrible year, and I'm calling it now.

Ouch!!!

LA BUC

Starter

#26 : August 03, 2007, 01:10:16 AM

Galloway
Stovall
Boston
Hilliard
          We will be picking up WRs and a KR real soon.   I  would just like to see Boston catch a ball and run in a game and see if he's got it. I don't think I would like to tackle him.  Clayton, I could cover him no prob. Gee! anutha Bust!!!  OH WELL!  This is why you must look at the 40 times 4.6 is a no... 4.5- is a go.

JC510

Practice Squad

#27 : August 03, 2007, 09:36:04 AM

Ahh yes, keep David Boston, the guy with more failed steroid tests (1) than catches (0) the last 3 seasons and cut Clayton. That will really help this team.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who will survive the WR battles? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools