Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Deja Vu? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
: August 01, 2007, 11:37:08 PM

I've tried over the years to understand the reasons why we let a future HOF like Sapp sign elsewhere instead of working to keep a fan favorite in Tampa.
I've tried as well to understand how a "injured" Lynch was released and then picked up by the Broncos, only to continue to be an asset to the team he plays for.
I'm okay with the McCardell and K. Johnson debacle.
But if by letting Rice walk and this same Rice gets picked up and becomes productive for another team, consider me off the small bandwagon I've tried to convince myself to stay on with Gruden.  I've had my ups and downs with this guy and have tried to be positive, but if this blows up in his face, how do we keep Gruden around?
Granted, if Rice is truly injured, we have made a great move; time will tell.
What's next; Garcia going down with an injury??

#1 : August 01, 2007, 11:40:24 PM

Man, you are the king of BS. Consider me off the small bandwagon? You've bashed Gruden from the beginning. Who the hell are you trying to kid?

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#2 : August 01, 2007, 11:47:20 PM

Man, you are the king of BS. Consider me off the small bandwagon? You've bashed Gruden from the beginning. Who the hell are you trying to kid?

Thus the reason for riding on a very small bandwagon; matchbox size ;)

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#3 : August 01, 2007, 11:51:33 PM

im out the gruden bandwagon. I have been since he got here. Gruden is the man

You're either out or on; what is it?

superbuc

Practice Squad
#4 : August 01, 2007, 11:54:08 PM

Uh-oh...looks like you got caught.

If Rice was THAT coveted he would have gotten a major deal from another team.  He'll sign somewhere, but he won't sign anywhere near $5 million which is what Bruce wanted to re-do his contract for...

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#5 : August 02, 2007, 12:25:03 AM

I've tried over the years to understand the reasons why we let a future HOF like Sapp sign elsewhere instead of working to keep a fan favorite in Tampa.
I've tried as well to understand how a "injured" Lynch was released and then picked up by the Broncos, only to continue to be an asset to the team he plays for.
I'm okay with the McCardell and K. Johnson debacle.
But if by letting Rice walk and this same Rice gets picked up and becomes productive for another team, consider me off the small bandwagon I've tried to convince myself to stay on with Gruden. I've had my ups and downs with this guy and have tried to be positive, but if this blows up in his face, how do we keep Gruden around?
Granted, if Rice is truly injured, we have made a great move; time will tell.
What's next; Garcia going down with an injury??

I agree.
I too am feed up with Gruden's personell and contract/salary cap decisions. 

I am also fed up with Bruce Allen's atrocious play calling. How could Allen call all those pass plays vs NYG in high winds. And Allen should have done a better job of getting Grads, his #2 qb, ready for NFL play.

The offensive line has been horrid since 2002, so I think it's time for Monte to go. Poor O-line played led to ill prepared Grads playing to begin with.

Since we're cleaning house, we have never returned a kick off for a TD.  Unexcusable and embarassing. Roxanne Kosarzycki, General Counsel, should be replaced with a new attorney that can get us that TD return.

Impeach the Mayor, the War in Iraq has gone on too long!

Or maybe we should just learn what a person's job is before we criticize him for another persons decisions

#6 : August 02, 2007, 12:25:57 AM

Injury or not, Rice shouldnt be here anymore. Shouldve been released months ago.

Everyone understood why Sapp and Lynch left at the time. It was for very good reasons. Phillips was on the verge of breaking out, something thatd didnt happen and could be criticized but why point out Gruden? If you think the defensive coaches didnt want to see Phillips either than you are crazy. Sapp couldve been resigned as a backup, I guess, but he was better off going for the last big pay day and a starting job.

Dont forget, Lynch failed the Jets physical also while Herm Edwards was the coach. For thos who like to propose that Lynch failed a phantom physical in Tampa, his own childs godfather also declared him too big an injury risk with his major shoulder injury.

Tony Dungy also passed on Lynch

As did Lovie SMith when he was the Rams DC.

As did Jerry Angelo

As did Rich MckAY

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#7 : August 02, 2007, 12:35:50 AM

Injury or not, Rice shouldnt be here anymore. Shouldve been released months ago.

Everyone understood why Sapp and Lynch left at the time. It was for very good reasons. Phillips was on the verge of breaking out, something thatd didnt happen and could be criticized but why point out Gruden? If you think the defensive coaches didnt want to see Phillips either than you are crazy. Sapp couldve been resigned as a backup, I guess, but he was better off going for the last big pay day and a starting job.

Dont forget, Lynch failed the Jets physical also while Herm Edwards was the coach. For thos who like to propose that Lynch failed a phantom physical in Tampa, his own childs godfather also declared him too big an injury risk with his major shoulder injury.

Tony Dungy also passed on Lynch

As did Lovie SMith when he was the Rams DC.

As did Jerry Angelo

As did Rich MckAY

I seem to recall the Pats also turning him away because of his health.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

wolfet

Pro Bowler
#8 : August 02, 2007, 01:20:27 AM

Honestly, I do not fault the organization for cutting ties with Rice.  He was alwasy a bit of a "me" guy and refused to restructure when the team needed it.  Obviously, the team did not need him at this point and he was still too proud to realize he would have gotten the best deal here. 

One thing I am in total disagreement with is the way the Bucs handled it.  They could chose better ways to let players go that have been a big part of the organization for a long time.  For guys that deal with the media everyday, they don't seem the most PR savy in these situations.  I wish Rice well, but think his best days are behind him.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#9 : August 02, 2007, 02:26:48 AM

Sapp-meguy, Keenan-meguy, Me-Shawn, Si-ME-on...

Notice the trend with certain players that have moved on?

Bucsguru - that ws disengenuous of you. From what I can read you can't hide your animosity toward Gruden in a matchbox.

These threades do allow me to correct the crookedness of this path...you find yourself on.

Incomparable sig by Incognito

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#10 : August 02, 2007, 09:29:33 AM

Bucsguru - that ws disengenuous of you. From what I can read you can't hide your animosity toward Gruden in a matchbox.

These threades do allow me to correct the crookedness of this path...you find yourself on.

I honestly want to believe that our organization is making the right decision by cutting ties with Rice.  But all of the aforesaid players above have moved on and been productive with other teams.  I'm sure this was a well thought out decision since so much is riding on this season for the coaching staff and management.  The last thing this team needs is another media black eye to start out the season.  We are already the laughing stock of the media with have 20 QB's on our roster, they don't need anymore ammo IMO.
I truly would like to see Gruden be successful this season regardless of what others may say to contradict this statement. 

whobdis

Pro Bowler

#11 : August 02, 2007, 09:44:27 AM

I know people act like Gruden is the GM..but he's not. I'm sure he has SOME say but the guy
would want every player that could help him win (especially this year). I would expect Monte
has as much say on defensive players as Gruden. (funny how his name never comes up in these
matters). The GM makes the sign/release decisions based on numerous factors..and not just
physicals.

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#12 : August 02, 2007, 10:04:17 AM

How do we have 20 QB's on this team?  I only see 4 QB's that have a chance to make this team and one couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat (Simms).  Plummer isn't showing up and the other two probably will not even play in the preseason.  If Garcia goes down we will be looking at Grads agian and he is not ready.  How can anybody be aginst looking at other QB's that hit the market and could help the team?  National media has no idea about the Bucs situation and the local media would make signing god himself a bad move.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#13 : August 02, 2007, 10:25:06 AM

How do we have 20 QB's on this team? I only see 4 QB's that have a chance to make this team and one couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat (Simms). Plummer isn't showing up and the other two probably will not even play in the preseason. If Garcia goes down we will be looking at Grads agian and he is not ready. How can anybody be aginst looking at other QB's that hit the market and could help the team? National media has no idea about the Bucs situation and the local media would make signing god himself a bad move.

I was using the same analogy that the media uses to describe our QB situation.  I know that we don't have 20QB's.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#14 : August 02, 2007, 10:38:06 AM

I disagree with the lumping of Sapp with those other two prima donnas. I honestly believe that Warren was a team player, up to a point and not anywhere near the me-type of the two Ke's. He wasn't a locker room cancer. This is why Guru's being ok with those two narcissists being jettisoned but not with the Rice thing is kind of puzzling..
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Deja Vu? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools