Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Deja Vu? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

whobdis

Pro Bowler

#15 : August 02, 2007, 10:49:44 AM

< honestly believe that Warren was a team player, up to a point and not anywhere near the me-type of the two Ke's. He wasn't a locker room cancer>

I don't know how many heard Rhonda's interview after Key was let go..but he said as much. He insinuated Key was
very divisive in the locker room..tryed to get players to side one way or the other with him/coach. When asked about
Warren he said Warren was loud but would never do anything like that in the locker room.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#16 : August 02, 2007, 11:15:57 AM

How do we have 20 QB's on this team? I only see 4 QB's that have a chance to make this team and one couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat (Simms). Plummer isn't showing up and the other two probably will not even play in the preseason. If Garcia goes down we will be looking at Grads agian and he is not ready. How can anybody be aginst looking at other QB's that hit the market and could help the team? National media has no idea about the Bucs situation and the local media would make signing god himself a bad move.

I was using the same analogy that the media uses to describe our QB situation. I know that we don't have 20QB's.

Given the source of your materials and thoughts I will give you the appropriate response Click

You are an insider now - go read the archieves - you will see the path the franchise was put on in 2000, '01 and '02

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#17 : August 02, 2007, 12:36:51 PM

How do we have 20 QB's on this team? I only see 4 QB's that have a chance to make this team and one couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat (Simms). Plummer isn't showing up and the other two probably will not even play in the preseason. If Garcia goes down we will be looking at Grads agian and he is not ready. How can anybody be aginst looking at other QB's that hit the market and could help the team? National media has no idea about the Bucs situation and the local media would make signing god himself a bad move.

I was using the same analogy that the media uses to describe our QB situation. I know that we don't have 20QB's.

Given the source of your materials and thoughts I will give you the appropriate response Click

You are an insider now - go read the archieves - you will see the path the franchise was put on in 2000, '01 and '02

How long do we stay on this path and how long do we have to keep using it as a crutch?  Teams are built to win each and every year.  It isn't like we were the only team facing those type of conditions and other teams found ways to win. 

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#18 : August 02, 2007, 12:45:43 PM

If the FO offers a player the option to stay at a reduced but still reasonable salary considering age and health status, and that player absolutely REFUSES to drop his salary, what would the OP suggest the FO do?

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#19 : August 02, 2007, 12:49:52 PM

If the FO offers a player the option to stay at a reduced but still reasonable salary considering age and health status, and that player absolutely REFUSES to drop his salary, what would the OP suggest the FO do?

Consider a more media friendly exit strategy that doen't make the FO look like it doesn't care to its LFB(loyal fan base.)

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#20 : August 02, 2007, 12:51:55 PM

Consider a more media friendly exit strategy that doen't make the FO look like it doesn't care to its LFB(loyal fan base.)

Such as? Other than cutting said player, what are the options? Besides, overpaying for a gimpy older player doesn't seem like it helps the LFB all that much.

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#21 : August 02, 2007, 12:59:00 PM

Such as? Other than cutting said player, what are the options? Besides, overpaying for a gimpy older player doesn't seem like it helps the LFB all that much.

Indeed. The FO gets torched for signing old players(to reasonable salaries) with health questions but when it appears they have learned and they cut a somewhat overpriced player on the downside of his career after half a season on IR, they get crucified as well.

Also, whats a more media friendly exit strategy for the Bucs. I would think regardless of what happens, Rice was still gonna badmouth the FO for releasing him.

buckit

Hall of Famer

#22 : August 03, 2007, 02:28:54 PM

Really?  Damn.  Didn't know that.  My mistake. 

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#23 : August 02, 2007, 01:22:02 PM

I thought this thread was going to be about a strip club! You know, hundreds of beautiful girls...and three ugly ones.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#24 : August 02, 2007, 01:47:43 PM

Man, you are the king of BS. Consider me off the small bandwagon? You've bashed Gruden from the beginning. Who the hell are you trying to kid?

That is the best, most accurate description of that post and it's author I can think of.  Nicely done.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

#25 : August 02, 2007, 01:52:46 PM

Sapp-meguy, Keenan-meguy, Me-Shawn, Si-ME-on...

Notice the trend with certain players that have moved on?

Bucsguru - that ws disengenuous of you. From what I can read you can't hide your animosity toward Gruden in a matchbox.

These threades do allow me to correct the crookedness of this path...you find yourself on.

Sapp, a me-guy? I can't agree with you on that one. From what i could see, this guy was about team and accountability.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#26 : August 02, 2007, 01:53:27 PM

I thought this thread was going to be about a strip club! You know, hundreds of beautiful girls...and three ugly ones.

that what be the "What are we going to do with the money?" thread

Snook

Hall of Famer

#27 : August 02, 2007, 01:58:29 PM

I'm sick of this in the national media too.  What team DOESN'T have at least 4 QBs in camp?

As for the Sapp situation... GO READ YOUR PEWTER REPORTS.  The reason we didn't re-sign Sapp is because of the presence of Booger's contract.  Why tie that much money up at the same position?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#28 : August 02, 2007, 02:23:07 PM

Sapp, a me-guy? I can't agree with you on that one. From what i could see, this guy was about team and accountability.

Sapp may have been/be a jerk, but when it comes to winning football games, he's a team guy all the way.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#29 : August 02, 2007, 02:42:51 PM

yea he was, put a jersey on!

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Deja Vu? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools