Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gaines.... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

« #15 : August 02, 2007, 01:49:37 PM »

LOL.... thinking he's a bust and hoping he's a bust are two different things.  I don't WANT the guy to be a bust, I'm a Buc fan first and foremost and I'll be happy as hell if he wins Def ROY. I just feel its unlikely!!!

Prove me wrong Gaines!!!!!

Alright, that's better.

It's the first few days of camp, no way you can draw conclusions from the HC's comments.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #16 : August 02, 2007, 01:50:34 PM »

So what is the over/under on Gaines's rookie campaign sack count.  From what I have been hearing from TC about him getting handled by TE's, I am guessing 4/5 if he stays healthy all year.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

« #17 : August 02, 2007, 01:54:08 PM »

So what is the over/under on Gaines's rookie campaign sack count.  From what I have been hearing from TC about him getting handled by TE's, I am guessing 4/5 if he stays healthy all year.

I'd take the over at 5.5

:)

He's fast, really quick and will catch some cats off guard this first year.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #18 : August 02, 2007, 01:54:22 PM »

Gaines will be used in a rotation.  Most likely 6-7 sacks in his rookie year.  

« #19 : August 02, 2007, 01:55:33 PM »

Keep, what # would u consider a disappointment?

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #20 : August 02, 2007, 01:56:04 PM »

Dalbuc wanted this guy from the get go as the best defensive player in the draft.  Almost everything I have read about him is positive - and the kid is a player - a healthy Gaines has an over under of 6.5 - and that is playing part time and staying healthy.  

And from my perspective - Gaines might be a concern to Gruden was saying he is progressing and getting some things accomplished.  Gruden being on the guy tells me he likes what he is seeing and wants to push the bar up - as one would for an #4 overall.

Hey, maybe the guy bombs - but some here seem to be hoping for that - this is a buccs board right?  Monte and Coyer picked the guy to be THE GUY for the D - can we give them just a little time to show if they were right or wrong?  Or does every player have to get duemiged.  

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

« #21 : August 02, 2007, 02:00:17 PM »

Keep, what # would u consider a disappointment?

3-4 sacks would be a disappointment, for sure. The sack number is one variable thought, if he's causing havoc without sacking the QB then that 3-4 would be looked at differently.

How about you>?

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

« #22 : August 02, 2007, 02:00:39 PM »

Dalbuc wanted this guy from the get go as the best defensive player in the draft.  Almost everything I have read about him is positive - and the kid is a player - a healthy Gaines has an over under of 6.5 - and that is playing part time and staying healthy.  

And from my perspective - Gaines might be a concern to Gruden was saying he is progressing and getting some things accomplished.  Gruden being on the guy tells me he likes what he is seeing and wants to push the bar up - as one would for an #4 overall.

Hey, maybe the guy bombs - but some here seem to be hoping for that - this is a buccs board right?  Monte and Coyer picked the guy to be THE GUY for the D - can we give them just a little time to show if they were right or wrong?  Or does every player have to get duemiged.  

By all means I hope he has GREAT success, nothing would make me happier then to see Gaines come in this season and get 5-6-7 sacks. I would be FINE with that just want him to show me he can get to the QB against NFL tackles....and I know it is hard to really guage a NFL defensive end.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

« #23 : August 02, 2007, 02:03:09 PM »

im thinking 2-3 without causing choas in the backfield, and taking run plays off being a BIG let down

rowdie

Hall of Famer

« #24 : August 02, 2007, 02:23:26 PM »

I only catch a handful of minute of Ian and Ron in the AM, but I heard Ian all "explaining" his DE needing so much time to learn and not being effective in their first year. I assume someone pointed out a number of rookie DE that had double digit sacks?

In any case his explanation still doesn't really jive as he fully admits all Rice does is rush the passer... ah well.
My over under is 6.5 and I think the thing some folks are thinking hard enough on is how many prime opportunities Adams will or won't have to rush the passer. IE 3rd and longs.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

Fresh

Hall of Famer

« #25 : August 02, 2007, 02:28:07 PM »

Hell, if Dwayne White can get 5 sacks playing RDE, I got Gaines doubling that and probably more. And we all know White is not even as explosive or quick as Adams.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #26 : August 02, 2007, 02:31:29 PM »

Hell, if Dwayne White can get 5 sacks playing RDE, I got Gaines doubling that and probably more. And we all know White is not even as explosive or quick as Adams.

White didn't get 5 sacks from RDE.   ;)

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #27 : August 02, 2007, 02:59:42 PM »

By all means I hope he has GREAT success, nothing would make me happier then to see Gaines come in this season and get 5-6-7 sacks. I would be FINE with that just want him to show me he can get to the QB against NFL tackles....and I know it is hard to really guage a NFL defensive end.

The buccs - specifically Monte and Coyer along with the scouting staff feel this is the guy - Dalbuc mentioned him for the buccs pick before it was fashionable, and the buccs make it happen.  So now, the kid strains a muscle and folks are writing as if he is a bust - I am glad when I hear a coach railing at a player - it means the bar is going up on expectations - I am glad when a player gets challenged to perform better - it let's everyone see how they are going to respond to adversity.

There is a lot to see this preseason - and I am saying let's see it prior to starting a line of guys to be thrown under the proverbial bus.  

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
« #28 : August 02, 2007, 03:10:00 PM »

We haven't even played a presesaon game yet, and some of our draft picks are busts.

Get real!

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

STRICK-9

Starter

« #29 : August 02, 2007, 03:19:21 PM »

Alot of people are forgetting that mario Williams had two foot surgeries during TC last year and lost all of his toe nails due to various ailments......and even though he had a rough first half he came on realy strong the second half.  I expect similar growing pains w/ Gaines.....I think he'll be phenominal when he matures. 

What I really like is how we have him, Haye, June, Rudd, Black, Heyward, PBUC & Piscitelli as a foundation for the future. 

On Offense, we have Stovall, Smith, Caddy, Clayton, Sears, True, Buenning and DJ........

Throw in a few vet acquisitions occassionally, even some big ones,  and we are building a future. 

I don\'t believe in the Electric Chair...I believe in Electric Bleachers!
  Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gaines.... « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools