Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gaines.... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler
« #30 : August 02, 2007, 03:20:22 PM »

If we can generate an inside presence he will get 8/9 I also think with a improved 2ndary should bolster sack totals

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #31 : August 02, 2007, 03:26:51 PM »

This post-topic is meritless.  Gaines hasn't seen a snap of live action, and when that time comes, I think he will be another premiere pass rusher in the NFL.  The guy was a stud in college, he blocks kicks, he recovers fumbles (although given the high number of sacks he accrued, he seems to lack in the causing department), he plays the run well...

It is TC, Gruden is not going to give you anything based on a few sessions.  I have a distinct feeling Gaines is going to be a terror in the NFL.  I am not buying the authentic yet, but in time, I will (I presume).

I have watched and heard all the reports, have logged into WDAE for a quick listen while they are in camp (getting rained out...again), and nothing in the reports says Gaines is getting mauled.  But everything is saying he is a pure pass rusher reliant on speed, and not enough technique.  I am sure Kiff and Coyer will solve that problem, and that takes more than 1 week...

I would have taken Gaines over Calvin Johnson 7 days out of the week, and three times on gameday Sunday when the defense is applying no pressure, and the team gives up 8 minute TD drives...

Cover 2 is presumed to be effective based on pass rush.  Gaines was the best pick, and if he wasn't, the Bucs would have traded the pick away, or grabbed someone else.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #32 : August 02, 2007, 03:28:32 PM »

We haven't even played a presesaon game yet, and some of our draft picks are busts.

Get real!

THANK YOU!

Sometimes, the simplest is the absolute best.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #33 : August 02, 2007, 03:36:29 PM »

This post-topic is meritless.  Gaines hasn't seen a snap of live action, and when that time comes, I think he will be another premiere pass rusher in the NFL.  The guy was a stud in college, he blocks kicks, he recovers fumbles (although given the high number of sacks he accrued, he seems to lack in the causing department), he plays the run well...

There've been all kinds of first week of camp heroes over the years and plenty of guys not show up. You want Adams to establish himself but after a week of camp there's really not a thing in the world to be worried about on anyone nor is there any reason to get all breathless on someone else.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

« #34 : August 02, 2007, 04:09:06 PM »

So now, the kid strains a muscle and folks are writing as if he is a bust -

amazing isn't it?

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

« #35 : August 02, 2007, 04:27:17 PM »

nobody said bust...simply cause for concern

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

« #36 : August 02, 2007, 04:35:27 PM »

nobody said bust...simply cause for concern

The first week of TC there aren't concerns. Let's talk after the 3rd preseason game, at that point we'll have a good idea of his potential.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

« #37 : August 02, 2007, 04:39:59 PM »

how about, lets talk after the season is over. WHERE IT COUNTS,not TC.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

« #38 : August 02, 2007, 05:23:13 PM »

Well.... no let's talk about it during the season.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #39 : August 02, 2007, 05:29:48 PM »

Well.... no let's talk about it during the season.

We could just wait until he retires and THEN we'd really know. So, how do you feel about Mark Wheeler's career?

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

« #40 : August 02, 2007, 05:44:54 PM »

Keep, what # would u consider a disappointment?

3-4 sacks would be a disappointment, for sure. The sack number is one variable thought, if he's causing havoc without sacking the QB then that 3-4 would be looked at differently.

How about you>?

I think 8 is a nice safe number but as you said, if he's disruptive and commanding attention that I'll take less.

We haven't even played a presesaon game yet, and some of our draft picks are busts.

Get real!

Unc, i didn't like the pick before we made it but am sure anxious to see what he will/won't do.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
« #41 : August 02, 2007, 05:57:01 PM »

Hate,

Is it possible that your dislike for the pick is shading your opinion? People have been known to "secretly" hope they are right because it justifys their thinking. Seen it on this board more than once. The opposite is also true. How many wanted Brackins to succeed?

Why not give the kid a chance to actually see what he can do before you put him down.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

« #42 : August 02, 2007, 06:03:05 PM »

Unc, no way am i "secretly" hoping he flops. Quite the contrary... i'm anxious to see what he can do and hope like hell that i'm pleasantly surprised.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

« #43 : August 02, 2007, 08:23:27 PM »

hope like hell that i'm pleasantly surprised.

He's gonne do some things this year. I'm not predicting 10 sacks, but the kid is lightning fast off the edge.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

« #44 : August 02, 2007, 08:40:21 PM »

The answer is 2. That's how many the guy he's replacing had last year.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gaines.... « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools