Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: After a week of camp.... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
: August 03, 2007, 08:57:35 AM

....McCown is gaining some attention. For most of the offseason the QB competition was considered a three horse race. McCown was ignored. Not anymore. Even that rag the Tampa Tribune has started to jump on his bandwagon to the point of comparing him to Garcia and distancing him from Gradkowski. Simms is barely mentioned.

It's still early and I'm not projecting him as the second coming of Joe Montana, but I believe we have a servicable QB if and when Garcia goes down. I've been saying this all along and met a lot of skepticism. To me, he has the most upside for the long run of anyone on our roster. I have no problem with Garcia as our starter, for now, but we all know he is a short term solution. McCown has a size advantage and a year more in the system over Gradkowski. He is more mobile and decisive than Simms, who is likely gone anyway. He lacks game experience and he looks like he's twelve years old. Time and opportunity will take care of that. He is becoming a known quantity and I like what I've read and seen from him so far. I believe I will soon have company.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#1 : August 03, 2007, 09:09:17 AM

McCown has had some bad luck here in Tampa. He could have been the starter due to injury, but you can't get on the field if you are injured yourself. Unfortunately, that has been the case for him so far down here.

I like McCown, but I am unwilling to jump on his bandwagon. Every time I jump on a bandwagon with a Bucs QB it bursts into flames 6 games later. I'm not going down that path anymore. I will play no favorites until I see a guy who is clearly the guy year in and year out. Until then I support anything we put under center. If that happens to be McCown due to injury or otherwise, great.

T.I. McCrown: King of the South

Starter
#2 : August 03, 2007, 09:15:11 AM

I like McCown and think he is a good quarterback, but we still don't know that much about him other than some good training camps and when he lit it up in the preseason last season or the season before. I forgot which one. Too bad he injured his knee last year because that would have been a good opportunity to get some playing time.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#3 : August 03, 2007, 09:38:51 AM

I like McCown and think he is a good quarterback, but we still don't know that much about him

Isn't that a bit of a contradiction?  You think he is a good QB but you don't know much about him.  None of us have seen him play in a live game in this system. 

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#4 : August 03, 2007, 11:27:38 AM

i like McCown last year before he got hurt.  i like his size and he has a strong arm, just needs that game experience . lest hope he can get some in the pre-season

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#5 : August 03, 2007, 11:31:33 AM

Both McCown and Gradkowski fit in with what Gruden wants to do on offense. 

McCown's strength is Gradkowki's greatest weakness (deep ball) at this point.  And Gradkowski's greatest strength (decisiveness) is Luke greatest weakness at this point.  Neither one is franchise caliber but both can play in this offensive system.

Simms unfortunately looks to be the odd man out.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#6 : August 03, 2007, 11:38:35 AM

Honestly I'm happy about that

Sgt.Shultz

Hall of Famer

#7 : August 03, 2007, 12:12:13 PM

I concur with you Bucn. Simms is a nail in a box of screws. Just dont need him.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#8 : August 03, 2007, 12:15:02 PM

Honestly I'm happy about that

i third that motion

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#9 : August 03, 2007, 12:15:26 PM

Simms has played a lot better in the last couple of days.  He might make a late run and move up the depth chart.

gone

Hall of Famer
#10 : August 03, 2007, 12:17:25 PM

Last year we were expecting some good things from McCown.  Now we get a chance to see if we were right.

whobdis

Pro Bowler

#11 : August 03, 2007, 12:26:00 PM

Last year we were expecting some good things from McCown. Now we get a chance to see if we were right.

TBT had a story today indicating McCown had come from nowhere to the possible No. 2 position.
I guess they weren't paying that much attention last year..many had predicted McCown would
be No. 2 heading into last season behind Sims. I'm sure if he wasn't hurt he would have went
in instead of Grads.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#12 : August 03, 2007, 12:33:38 PM

Luke just needs to be  quicker with his decision making , the mobility, size and arm is there.  GO LUKE!!!

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#13 : August 03, 2007, 12:53:50 PM

Grads is never going to amount to anything. See Shaun King.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#14 : August 03, 2007, 01:43:38 PM

Grads is never going to amount to anything. See Shaun King.
Shame on you for that comparison. Gradkowski is not lazy. He puts in the effort. He just has a problem seeing the field and with accuracy going deep. You are not nice. He has his issues but he doesn't deserve to be slandered like that.......unless he stole your girlfriend.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: After a week of camp.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools