Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: gruden, i'm over you « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#15 : November 05, 2006, 05:30:42 PM

I have no problem with Kiff or Gru.

I just think the people they are trying to implement their plans don't have it anymore, or need time to "develop".

The Bucs suck this year, yes.  No doubt, I am 100 percent sure of that.

But the coaches do not.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#16 : November 05, 2006, 05:31:06 PM

Kiffin needs assistants underneath him who motivate well because he is a nice guy who doesn't do that.  Remember the dropoff after Hermie left?

Tomlin and Marinelli leaving obviously is the big difference with this year since it's mostly the same players, just one year older.

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 05, 2006, 05:31:39 PM

The defense sucks.  Thanks Jermaine Phillips.

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

#18 : November 05, 2006, 05:31:51 PM

you all give up on your team 2 quick
cha ching, and its mostly just the idiots who know nothing about football. Whatever. IF Gruden leaves, its TBs loss, not his. He deserves better than what this city has to offer.
Ahmen to that without Gruden i dont kno where this team would be

Gruden still hasnt gone a whole season without his starting QB going down with an injury

#19 : November 05, 2006, 05:32:40 PM

you can thanks Torrie Cox as well

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 05, 2006, 05:33:20 PM

Coaches don't spoil overnight. I think Gruden has had a significant part in the downhill train wreck that seems to be the Bucs this year, but everyone that is associated with the Bucs should harbor some of that blame. The damn waterboy should feel the weight of the season. It's a team win, and it's a team loss. Little moments in those 60 minutes might impact the outcome, but little MISSED moments impact that outcome too. Gruden needs to find this team. They're 2-6, and they have had sparks of a good team, but they have had sparks of a Junior-Varsity team too. In the end, I think Gruden will take the fall. Coaches generally take the bullet for a team's failures. If the Bucs continue to play like they are, there is no way Gruden will survive in Tampa Bay. In today's NFL, there is no way Gruden will survive to coach "for as long as he wants;" as some people say. He needs to begin righting this ship again, and every loss or failure is another step in the wrong direction for him as a coach here. I think he can right this ship. But, I am not opposed to seeing him leave if he cannot.

#21 : November 05, 2006, 05:33:45 PM

oh 2-6 is no reason to give up? okay let me rephrase it, yea! 2-6 baby! we are world beaters.. sb here we come. go bucs, go defense! yea.. 2-6

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#22 : November 05, 2006, 05:34:19 PM

Will Allen sucks too.

On the second TD, he was the one who was supposed to rub off on the receiver (henderson), and he was about 15 yards away.  

Both safeties should just jump into the Swamps nearby with chickens hanging off their butts.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#23 : November 05, 2006, 05:34:27 PM

"Ahmen to that without Gruden i dont kno where this team would be

Gruden still hasnt gone a whole season without his starting QB going down with an injury"

We would be 0-7 and maybe it's his offensive schemes that get's QB's hurt so much?!

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#24 : November 05, 2006, 05:35:27 PM

If you're going to question anything, question some of the player moves.

Kiffin runs a defense baed on sacraficing size for speed. They aren't big enough to man up with people, they have to rely on getting quick penetration and flying to the football to gang-tackle. If they can't do that, they can't play.

Speed deteriorates with age -- this defense needs to get younger, yet they keep spending draft picks on offense. Three offensive players in the first 3 rounds this year.

Get more defensive help, and things will start to work again.

#25 : November 05, 2006, 05:35:51 PM

Allen is still young making his first season heading in as a starter cut him some slack he fell for the playaction but Phillips is Horrendous in pass coverage and his tackling has droped off from last year

#26 : November 05, 2006, 05:37:34 PM

"Ahmen to that without Gruden i dont kno where this team would be

Gruden still hasnt gone a whole season without his starting QB going down with an injury"

We would be 0-7 and maybe it's his offensive schemes that get's QB's hurt so much?!
yes Guru he sets his game startegy for a starting QB every year go down with an injury

#27 : November 05, 2006, 05:37:43 PM

well whattever.. you guys are happy with gruden, happy with the team and happy with 2-6.. so if i am not a real fan because i am not happy about this stuff then i guess i'm not a fan then.. i don't have any other team in football i like besides the bucs. i hate college football and any other sports. bucs are all i got. so if you guys are happy then fine.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#28 : November 05, 2006, 05:37:52 PM

Allen is still young making his first season heading in as a starter cut him some slack he fell for the playaction but Phillips is Horrendous in pass coverage and his tackling has droped off from last year

He fell so hard for it that he couldn't make up for twenty yards of difference...

Allen isn't anything to feel comfortable with.

alstott40

Pro Bowler

#29 : November 05, 2006, 05:39:03 PM

Did alstott retire already???

0 carries in the past 4 games???

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: gruden, i'm over you « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools