Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: gruden, i'm over you « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#30 : November 05, 2006, 05:40:56 PM

Orion, honestly, it's not what the fans think. It's what the Glazers think that will ultimately decide Gruden's future standing with this team. As for me, I give him 2007. If he sinks in 2007, perhaps Jay can sign him up on the Predators staff.  ;)

#31 : November 05, 2006, 05:41:21 PM

even if alstott did get his carries evidenced by his pass catches he doesnt do much anymore breaking tackle wise even CB's get him down now by them self

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#32 : November 05, 2006, 05:41:44 PM

"yes Guru he sets his game startegy for a starting QB every year go down with an injury"

It sure seems that way?!

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#33 : November 05, 2006, 05:41:51 PM

He will get 2007.  If they don't at least go 9-7 next year than he is done in Tampa.

#34 : November 05, 2006, 05:45:50 PM

"yes Guru he sets his game startegy for a starting QB every year go down with an injury"

It sure seems that way?!
you realize you can just hit qoute instead of re-typing what i wrote right?

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#35 : November 05, 2006, 10:40:01 PM

don't worry ... all you anti-Gruden guys will have your "Official Hot Seat" season next year.  He's safe this year and thru next.  But as for this year, the coach that should be on the hot seat is Muir - I seldom hear people ripping him for once again failing to get the oline prepared for a game.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#36 : November 05, 2006, 10:43:34 PM

It sure seems that way?!
you realize you can just hit qoute instead of re-typing what i wrote right?

he is a BucsGuru, not and internet message board Guru.   ;)

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#37 : November 05, 2006, 10:53:04 PM

he is a BucsGuru, not and internet message board Guru. ;)

Actually, he's far from a Bucs guru.   He's proven many times he doesn't know much about the Bucs.   

DBrooksIsMyDaddy

Pro Bowler

#38 : November 06, 2006, 01:34:14 AM

........ The damn waterboy should feel the weight of the season. It's a team win, and it's a team loss.......
::slaps head:: THAT'S the answer!  With a new waterboy, we could win! 

In all seriousness, though, let's calm down before we call for Gruden's, Kiffins', and Grads' heads.  We are struggling mightily, surprisingly so on defense, about what would be expected on O with a rookie QB.  Didn't you all see the spark there in the second quarter? We looked....good.  We need to build on that.

nflinsider

Starter

#39 : November 06, 2006, 08:03:13 AM

Orionstarr, I supported Gruden in the beginning as well, but this thing is just blowing up on him. I personally believe the team has lost the vision the coach has for this team. I get so tired of people saying that we are not "FANS" because we think there just might be a change needed at the Head Coach position. Again, I was a Buc fan before Gruden, and I will be a Buc fan after Gruden.

One thing about these boards is you better not have any critisisim for any of the players or coaches or you're sure to be accused of being a band wagon jumper or not a true fan.

allforbucs

Rookie

#40 : November 06, 2006, 08:07:14 AM

Coaches don't spoil overnight. I think Gruden has had a significant part in the downhill train wreck that seems to be the Bucs this year, but everyone that is associated with the Bucs should harbor some of that blame. The damn waterboy should feel the weight of the season. It's a team win, and it's a team loss. Little moments in those 60 minutes might impact the outcome, but little MISSED moments impact that outcome too. Gruden needs to find this team. They're 2-6, and they have had sparks of a good team, but they have had sparks of a Junior-Varsity team too. In the end, I think Gruden will take the fall. Coaches generally take the bullet for a team's failures. If the Bucs continue to play like they are, there is no way Gruden will survive in Tampa Bay. In today's NFL, there is no way Gruden will survive to coach "for as long as he wants;" as some people say. He needs to begin righting this ship again, and every loss or failure is another step in the wrong direction for him as a coach here. I think he can right this ship. But, I am not opposed to seeing him leave if he cannot.

I hate Gru playcalling - My High School Team plays a better game - He is to conversative and it seem we are always playing catch up

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#41 : November 06, 2006, 08:24:44 AM

you all give up on your team 2 quick
cha ching, and its mostly just the idiots who know nothing about football. Whatever. IF Gruden leaves, its TBs loss, not his. He deserves better than what this city has to offer.

It's not everyone ICIT, It'd be nice if you don't throw us die hards in with the bandwagon jumpers...thanks...LOL

I'm from here, born and raised here.  Been a Bucs fan since day one.  I know others that are in the same boat.  Just hurts a little when you lump us in with those but wipes...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#42 : November 06, 2006, 09:09:47 AM

........ The damn waterboy should feel the weight of the season. It's a team win, and it's a team loss.......
::slaps head:: THAT'S the answer!  With a new waterboy, we could win! 

I think you took that comment a tad too seriously.  ;)

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#43 : November 06, 2006, 09:16:31 AM

Gruden still hasnt gone a whole season without his starting QB going down with an injury
2004 Brad Johnson was benched not injured, 2003, 2002 Brad Johnson was not lost to injury. Just pointing that out.

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#44 : November 06, 2006, 09:40:28 AM

Ok so it has nothing to do with all the 30-somthings on defense, or a 6th round rookie QB, 2 rookies on the O-line. Its all on the playcalling right? We are not good, Caddy is not an all around back, he is not Dunn on Steroids, he is Dunn on Steroids with a slower first step, stonish hands, and half the blocking ability. Clayton is proving he is not as good as Keyshawn was, Gallaway is old but still good when he holds on. We don't have a great WR core, we have a good reciever. I think the only really good players we have are Smith, & Gallaway.

I think GHrudens biggest mistake is not to use #40 in short yardage, he should throw in 2 or 3 WR's and spread the field and give it to Alstott on 3rd and short, lets see a LB stop him from getting 3 or 4 yards when he is at full speed, not going to happen!
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: gruden, i'm over you « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools