Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: REGGIE BUST???? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

: November 05, 2006, 05:19:11 PM

I took a lot of hell on this board around draft time for saying Reggie wouldn't hack it in the NFL, and he isn't doing much in the way of proving me wrong.  It is halfway into his 1st year so it isn't like we don't have a good sample to go by.  He tries for the big play too much which doesn't work in the NFl...in college he could string out plays and use his speed to get past lesser opponents, but in the NFL defenses are just as fast.  He lacks vision...something I said when he came out but was blasted for, but I think it has held true.  In college he had such huge holes he didn't need any vision.  In the NFL with a less dominant front he has shown poor ability to hit the cutback lanes or find "cracks" where he can make positive yards.  Instead he tries to bust everything outside, which again works in college but not in the NFL.  Some may blame his OL, but Deuce has no problem running behind it.  Bush for the season is averaging less than 2.5 yards per carry and about 25 yards rushing a game.  He Gets about 35 rec. yards a game, but has ZERO TD's on offense.  His biggest claim to fame is a PR TD against us, but other than that he has done nothing.

Today he had 11 carries for -5 yards.  He further proved what I thought about him.  Unless he completely changes his philosophy and starts heading upfield, he will be an even bigger bust than I thought......

#1 : November 05, 2006, 05:20:27 PM

I said the same that he's not the next Sayers and I doubt he'll win ROY ... of course I figured Vernon Davis would and.....oops.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#2 : November 05, 2006, 05:21:47 PM

I said the same that he's not the next Sayers and I doubt he'll win ROY ... of course I figured Vernon Davis would and.....oops.

LOL.  Colston looks to be O-ROY, Bush may be lucky to be the 2nd best rookie on his team, much less the ROY.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#3 : November 05, 2006, 08:23:19 PM

Sayers?  LMAO.

I said he'd be an average back, maybe above, but not this next greatest thing, can't miss guy he was being hyped as. 

Turns out maybe even I gave him too much credit....

SeedOfChucky33

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 05, 2006, 08:24:43 PM

I always said he was too small and not durable enough, but would be good in the open feild.

He is already hurt. Expect an injury plagued and 'what could have been' career

When you talk about what the college football experience is all about, that's it. Auburn is the epitome.
--Bud Poliquin, Syracuse Post-Standard
[/b]

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#5 : November 05, 2006, 09:20:53 PM

He won't win ROY but he's not a bust. 

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#6 : November 05, 2006, 09:23:36 PM

Mario Williams got another sack today and is on pace for 7.  If he gets to there, it might make the Texans look a little better.  7 sacks for a rookie, who everyone knew needed work, is pretty good.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 05, 2006, 09:24:47 PM

Rookie of the year might be Mangold.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#8 : November 05, 2006, 09:25:55 PM

So far the ROY is without a doubt Colston.  Besides, they rarely give OL awards like that.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 05, 2006, 09:29:54 PM

I don't think he's a bust. Once he leanrs how to run with the big boys he'll be fine. As Moose said today, once he learns NFL defensive players won't get beat to the outside he'll be lethal..

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#10 : November 05, 2006, 09:34:33 PM

I said he wasn't going to be that good...go back and look the threads up.

This is what he is - a WR that plays running back and returns punts. He isn't a good runner. He can't beat everybody with speed in the NFL like he did in college.

BayDay39

Second String

#11 : November 05, 2006, 09:46:34 PM

Laurence Maroney

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#12 : November 05, 2006, 10:02:38 PM

Laurence Maroney
good call

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 05, 2006, 10:10:31 PM

LoL!

An "I told you so" thread?

What is this, a 5th grade classroom?

rocketspeed

Practice Squad

#14 : November 05, 2006, 10:12:21 PM

Bush seems too afraid to get hit, he's always running on the sides versus head on, like Deuce.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: REGGIE BUST???? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools