Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: REGGIE BUST???? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#15 : November 05, 2006, 10:30:12 PM

he might make a better wideout

T

Hall of Famer

#16 : November 05, 2006, 11:12:01 PM

I think everyone is too eager to label players a bust, when he has only played 8 games. Let players get a chance to acclimate themselves to the NFL before they are labeled a bust. I'm not impressed by Bush either but I won't label him a bust,yet. I guess Drew Brees was a bust also, right?

gone

Hall of Famer
#17 : November 05, 2006, 11:24:10 PM

Bush seems too afraid to get hit, he's always running on the sides versus head on, like Deuce.
As much as I hat to agree with the announcers, Moose was right.  The "speed" backs from college always seem to take forever to learn they can't get the edge every run.  Like most rookie QB's throw lots of picks -- the throws they used to make in college can't be made in the NFL.  Until they learn which ones can they suck, but once they learn they are good -- they stood out before and will again once they learn the new ropes. 
Once Reggie learns when he can get outside and when he can't he'll be ok.  I personally see him as another westbrook, but that wouldn't be that bad, not a "bust" just not what was hoped for...

DBrooksIsMyDaddy

Pro Bowler

#18 : November 05, 2006, 11:58:32 PM

I liked how DB owned him today.

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#19 : November 06, 2006, 12:53:54 AM

Colston imo is way better than bush, at this point in the season, i know ill get crap for this, but i think mario williams has performed better than reggie bush, he LOST yards today, against a team that is now 2-6, ummmmm bust

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 06, 2006, 08:27:15 AM

LoL!

An "I told you so" thread?

What is this, a 5th grade classroom?

This board is SWAMPED with them

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 06, 2006, 08:30:16 AM

I took a lot of hell on this board around draft time for saying Reggie wouldn't hack it in the NFL, and he isn't doing much in the way of proving me wrong. It is halfway into his 1st year so it isn't like we don't have a good sample to go by. He tries for the big play too much which doesn't work in the NFl...in college he could string out plays and use his speed to get past lesser opponents, but in the NFL defenses are just as fast. He lacks vision...something I said when he came out but was blasted for, but I think it has held true. In college he had such huge holes he didn't need any vision. In the NFL with a less dominant front he has shown poor ability to hit the cutback lanes or find "cracks" where he can make positive yards. Instead he tries to bust everything outside, which again works in college but not in the NFL. Some may blame his OL, but Deuce has no problem running behind it. Bush for the season is averaging less than 2.5 yards per carry and about 25 yards rushing a game. He Gets about 35 rec. yards a game, but has ZERO TD's on offense. His biggest claim to fame is a PR TD against us, but other than that he has done nothing.

Today he had 11 carries for -5 yards. He further proved what I thought about him. Unless he completely changes his philosophy and starts heading upfield, he will be an even bigger bust than I thought......

Ray not to burst your bubble, but Reggie Bust or not won yesterday...I'm just saying you know? ???

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#22 : November 08, 2006, 09:11:48 PM

LoL!

When you get attacked and called every name in the book for ignorant for saying the guy won't live up to the hype I don't think it is 5th grade to post when he has been anything but....

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#23 : November 08, 2006, 09:14:29 PM

I think everyone is too eager to label players a bust, when he has only played 8 games. Let players get a chance to acclimate themselves to the NFL before they are labeled a bust. I'm not impressed by Bush either but I won't label him a bust,yet. I guess Drew Brees was a bust also, right?
I never meant bust in the sense that he will be THIS bad.  I always maintained he would be an average and maybe even an above average back but far from the savior he was made out to be.  But his style and how he plays has been dead on what I said, and it is NOT working in the NFL.  He will need to make some major changes in his running style to become even an average back at this point.

Everyone knows it is MUCH different for a rookie QB than a rookie RB.  There are a long line of RB's who have stepped in and conributed immediately.  QB's not so much. 

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#24 : November 08, 2006, 09:15:04 PM

I took a lot of hell on this board around draft time for saying Reggie wouldn't hack it in the NFL, and he isn't doing much in the way of proving me wrong. It is halfway into his 1st year so it isn't like we don't have a good sample to go by. He tries for the big play too much which doesn't work in the NFl...in college he could string out plays and use his speed to get past lesser opponents, but in the NFL defenses are just as fast. He lacks vision...something I said when he came out but was blasted for, but I think it has held true. In college he had such huge holes he didn't need any vision. In the NFL with a less dominant front he has shown poor ability to hit the cutback lanes or find "cracks" where he can make positive yards. Instead he tries to bust everything outside, which again works in college but not in the NFL. Some may blame his OL, but Deuce has no problem running behind it. Bush for the season is averaging less than 2.5 yards per carry and about 25 yards rushing a game. He Gets about 35 rec. yards a game, but has ZERO TD's on offense. His biggest claim to fame is a PR TD against us, but other than that he has done nothing.

Today he had 11 carries for -5 yards. He further proved what I thought about him. Unless he completely changes his philosophy and starts heading upfield, he will be an even bigger bust than I thought......

Ray not to burst your bubble, but Reggie Bust or not won yesterday...I'm just saying you know? ???

Yeah, his team did.  But Reggie didn't contribute much in the way of them winning....

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#25 : November 08, 2006, 10:28:35 PM

LoL!

my thoughts exactly...

you can't even begin to call a player a bust after 8 games, 8 games that he isn't even the featured RB...

horn tooting is not an admirable quality.

gone

Hall of Famer
#26 : November 08, 2006, 11:37:52 PM

I never meant bust in the sense that he will be THIS bad.  I always maintained he would be an average and maybe even an above average back but far from the savior he was made out to be.  But his style and how he plays has been dead on what I said, and it is NOT working in the NFL.  He will need to make some major changes in his running style to become even an average back at this point.

Everyone knows it is MUCH different for a rookie QB than a rookie RB.  There are a long line of RB's who have stepped in and conributed immediately.  QB's not so much. 

I have to disagree with that.  While certain types of RB's can explode onto the scene, some take longer.  I never thought he would be anything but a scatback.  I think more highly of him now having seen him twice.  As to why I disagree with your assesment, here it is form this thread:
Bush seems too afraid to get hit, he's always running on the sides versus head on, like Deuce.
As much as I hat to agree with the announcers, Moose was right.  The "speed" backs from college always seem to take forever to learn they can't get the edge every run.  Like most rookie QB's throw lots of picks -- the throws they used to make in college can't be made in the NFL.  Until they learn which ones can they suck, but once they learn they are good -- they stood out before and will again once they learn the new ropes. 
Once Reggie learns when he can get outside and when he can't he'll be ok.  I personally see him as another westbrook, but that wouldn't be that bad, not a "bust" just not what was hoped for...

#27 : November 09, 2006, 12:41:25 PM

mccallister is a beast and without him reggie probally wouldn't be doing as good as he is doing, but that isn't saying much either. i haven't watched all the games but from what i see in the highlights he isn't making much noise.

one thing we did well last week against them is stuff him for  a lot of negative plays.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#28 : November 12, 2006, 12:23:42 PM

LoL!

my thoughts exactly...

you can't even begin to call a player a bust after 8 games, 8 games that he isn't even the featured RB...

horn tooting is not an admirable quality.

If you didn't notice, EVERYONE was tooting this guys horn coming out of college.  I am sorry but if you can't become a feature back when you are annointed the next best thing you are a bust.  I don't care if it is only 8 games, he hasn't done anything to warrant even being considered a good RB much less this can't miss HOF RB he was made out to be.

I am not tooting any horns, just saying what happened and what has gone on so far.  I was ripped and attacked for my assessment that his game would not translate into the NFL.  I certainly don't expect those people who attacked me to come out and admit they were wrong, so I am just reminding them of the situation.  If people can make numerous threads touting this guy the next Payton, Sayers, etc. I can certainly make a post that shows he isn't even close.

So instead of you making a post with your own thoughts on Bush's game, you make a childish remark trying to start a fight with me.  I don't think you are even capable of making a post dissecting a player or team, because you have never done it before.  All you do is make a childish remark or copy someone else's comments about a situation. 

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#29 : November 12, 2006, 01:19:46 PM

Whether or not you want to call him a bust, I think it's safe to say he definitely hasn't lived up to the pre-draft hype.  Everyone was talking about all these game-changing plays he was going to make, and so far all he's done is the punt return against us.  Sure, he's caught a lot of dumpoff passes, but his YPC is not good.  His running YPC is horrible.  He certainly may develop into more of a weapon when he gets used to NFL game speed (assuming that happens), but at this point his production certainly doesn't justify pick #2 (IMO, of course)

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: REGGIE BUST???? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools