Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Quick Hits- Lucas 1st string Center?, Joseph blowing people up!!!!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 9

rowdie

Hall of Famer

: August 06, 2007, 10:25:12 PM

Oh man Java's bro says they all suxzors. I can't wait for a return of 8 dollar tickets.  Seriously how does the guy tossing around the #4 pick like a rag doll look bad doing it?  I'm just wondering....

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#1 : August 06, 2007, 08:58:06 PM

I think this whole argument is kinda silly. It depends on how you define a tier. I would define Tier 1 as dominant, make you change your gameplan or just shat your britches guys. Tier 2 would be very good guys that are gonna get the job done and make some great plays now and then. Tier 3 would be reliable guys who get it done, don't make much noise, but don't make you cover for them. Four would be guys you cover for, definite weak links. Hovan is somewhere between 3 and 2 on that scale. He doesn't scare anyone. Nobody goes into a game with us trying to figure out ways to deal with him. He doesn't make a lot of splash plays, but his consistent performance is a bit better than I would give to other third-tier players. If you define tier one as the top ten guys you've got no differentiation between dominant and merely very good.

I agree with this
Me too. And to my original point, if Davin Joseph is what we hope he is (tier 1 or top of tier 2), he should be able to handle Hovan.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#2 : August 06, 2007, 08:51:15 PM

I think this whole argument is kinda silly. It depends on how you define a tier. I would define Tier 1 as dominant, make you change your gameplan or just shat your britches guys. Tier 2 would be very good guys that are gonna get the job done and make some great plays now and then. Tier 3 would be reliable guys who get it done, don't make much noise, but don't make you cover for them. Four would be guys you cover for, definite weak links. Hovan is somewhere between 3 and 2 on that scale. He doesn't scare anyone. Nobody goes into a game with us trying to figure out ways to deal with him. He doesn't make a lot of splash plays, but his consistent performance is a bit better than I would give to other third-tier players. If you define tier one as the top ten guys you've got no differentiation between dominant and merely very good.

I agree with this

blitz

Pro Bowler
#3 : August 06, 2007, 08:45:18 PM

From what's being written this TC the whole team blows chunks.

My brother attends training camp every year. He says they especially suck this year.

He must have ended up in Atlanta.   He's hasn't been to the camp I've been to.

gone

Hall of Famer
#4 : August 06, 2007, 08:47:44 PM

I think this whole argument is kinda silly.  It depends on how you define a tier.  I would define Tier 1 as dominant, make you change your gameplan or just shat your britches guys.  Tier 2 would be very good guys that are gonna get the job done and make some great plays now and then.  Tier 3 would be reliable guys who get it done, don't make much noise, but don't make you cover for them.  Four would be guys you cover for, definite weak links.  Hovan is somewhere between 3 and 2 on that scale.  He doesn't scare anyone.  Nobody goes into a game with us trying to figure out ways to deal with him.  He doesn't make a lot of splash plays, but his consistent performance is a bit better than I would give to other third-tier players.  If you define tier one as the top ten guys you've got no differentiation between dominant and merely very good.

bluetick

Practice Squad

#5 : August 06, 2007, 01:26:12 PM

http://www.buccaneers.com/trainingcamp/quickhits.aspx

The players were back in pads Monday morning, which means the offensive and defensive lines resumed their one-on-one periods. Actually, most of the snaps were three-on-two, with a center-guard-tackle trio working against two linemen. During one snap, first-year C/G Enoka Lucas was lined up at center next to G Davin Joseph and T Jeremy Trueblood. On this play, Lucas' first assignment was to help Joseph with a double-team block on the defensive tackle. However, Joseph blocked the tackle so effectively by himself, driving him several yards off the ball, that Lucas wasn't needed. Offensive Line Coach Bill Muir told the young player that, in such a situation, he should come off the double team and look to block the weakside linebacker.

1) Lucas MAY be a great waiver pickup if he can push for a roster spot or the starting Center position. MAYBE?

2) I have been loving what I have been hearing about the right side, especially Joseph.  Joseph is going to be like a raging elephant this year. SEE SIG!!!!

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#6 : August 06, 2007, 01:28:56 PM

Lucas should send Joseph a post card.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#7 : August 06, 2007, 01:31:11 PM

Muir???? Ohh god The offensive line is doomed.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#8 : August 06, 2007, 01:32:42 PM

Do we know who exactly Joseph is blowing up?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

bluetick

Practice Squad

#9 : August 06, 2007, 01:34:39 PM

Do we know who exactly Joseph is blowing up?

Good question....I hope our 1st string tackle, not camp meat......

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#10 : August 06, 2007, 01:49:46 PM

Good question....I hope our 1st string tackle

I hope not......

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#11 : August 06, 2007, 01:52:00 PM

I hope not......

It is what i said elsewhere, I hate camp.

Good news one of your players dominated someone.
Bad news one of your players got dominated

The games at least give you some sort of basis for seeing how those things play out- limited though it might be.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#12 : August 06, 2007, 02:01:41 PM

I hope not......
Considering the potential 1st string tackles are Wyms (2nd day pick), Hovan (cast off), Sims (cast off), and Haye (2nd day pick), I'd hope our 1st round guard is dominating them.

JC510

Practice Squad

#13 : August 06, 2007, 02:09:53 PM

Why is the thread title "Lucas 1st string Center"?

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#14 : August 06, 2007, 02:15:51 PM

Davin Joseph and Greg Spires are the only two I've seen dominate consistantly at every practice I've been too.  I mean those two have stood out to me...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Page: 1 2 3 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Quick Hits- Lucas 1st string Center?, Joseph blowing people up!!!!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools