Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Quick Hits- Lucas 1st string Center?, Joseph blowing people up!!!!! « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #120 : August 07, 2007, 12:51:13 PM »

..you guys, just wait until the brutal first four games are over with...

If the Bucs win one of those games, I will be impressed.

and if the lose all four you will be d-epressed.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #121 : August 07, 2007, 12:54:30 PM »

;)I have a lot of beer and a good GF.  I am sure she will keep me away from nearby bridges, and small caliber handguns. ;)

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #122 : August 07, 2007, 12:57:11 PM »

;)I have a lot of beer and a good GF. I am sure she will keep me away from nearby bridges, and small caliber handguns. ;)

I am married and well insured.........I can't say with any certainty that my wife would do the same. 

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #123 : August 07, 2007, 12:57:52 PM »

;)I have a lot of beer and a good GF. I am sure she will keep me away from nearby bridges, and small caliber handguns. ;)

I am married and well insured.........I can't say with any certainty that my wife would do the same.
LMAO!!

LMAO!!

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #124 : August 07, 2007, 12:58:00 PM »

boid - wish you wouldve bolded this part.

And familiarity is big thing for the big men up front. On an individual basis, it’s the first step in making sure specific blocking assignments aren’t missed. On a collective basis, it can lead to what is commonly referred to as continuity. The term is often used to describe the synergy of an offensive line that plays together as single unit, moving in unison to create successful outcomes, be they creating a hole for a running back or giving a quarterback that extra fraction of a second. The lines that demonstrate continuity consistently produce such results, and they do so by each of their members knowing each other’s tendencies and understanding the unit’s collective roles. That, Petitgout said, only comes through practice as a unit.

“You just go on the field and line up, five guys up,” he said. “You put the defenses out there and call the play. That’s where you build your continuity, working together because that’s when it’s tough. That’s when depending on each other really counts.

“Basically, you can grunt, and they know what you’re grunting about. You’re seeing the same things. It’s almost like you all are watching the same movie.”

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #125 : August 07, 2007, 12:59:33 PM »

boid - wish you wouldve bolded this part.

And familiarity is big thing for the big men up front. On an individual basis, it’s the first step in making sure specific blocking assignments aren’t missed. On a collective basis, it can lead to what is commonly referred to as continuity. The term is often used to describe the synergy of an offensive line that plays together as single unit, moving in unison to create successful outcomes, be they creating a hole for a running back or giving a quarterback that extra fraction of a second. The lines that demonstrate continuity consistently produce such results, and they do so by each of their members knowing each other’s tendencies and understanding the unit’s collective roles. That, Petitgout said, only comes through practice as a unit.

“You just go on the field and line up, five guys up,” he said. “You put the defenses out there and call the play. That’s where you build your continuity, working together because that’s when it’s tough. That’s when depending on each other really counts.

“Basically, you can grunt, and they know what you’re grunting about. You’re seeing the same things. It’s almost like you all are watching the same movie.”
Good point.  Espescially about the PRACTICE.

I am on it Gametime!  BOLDED!

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #126 : August 07, 2007, 03:14:55 PM »

FYI - Petitgout is missing from Tuesday afternoon's practice.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #127 : August 07, 2007, 03:22:44 PM »

FYI - Petitgout is missing from Tuesday afternoon's practice

I see you are picking up the slack for bucsbum.  :D

Not a concern becuase he is not playing in the game against the Patriots so this was expected and anticipated.  Only thing that matters is the end result IMVHO.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #128 : August 07, 2007, 03:24:15 PM »

FYI - Petitgout is missing from Tuesday afternoon's practice

I see you are picking up the slack for bucsbum. :D

Not a concern becuase he is not playing in the game against the Patriots so this was expected and anticipated. Only thing that matters is the end result IMVHO.

Maybe, maybe not, but I will quote Mr. Petitgout:

The lines that demonstrate continuity consistently produce such results, and they do so by each of their members knowing each other’s tendencies and understanding the unit’s collective roles. That, Petitgout said, only comes through practice as a unit.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #129 : August 07, 2007, 03:26:33 PM »

I can find plenty of quotes like that from Petitgout when he was a New York Giant during the 2005 season.  My neutral stance is not changing and that is that the end result is all that matters.

Page: 1 ... 7 8 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Quick Hits- Lucas 1st string Center?, Joseph blowing people up!!!!! « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools