Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kenneth Darby for ROY « previous next »
Page: 1 2

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
: August 07, 2007, 03:56:48 AM

I swear I'm not making this up. A columnist for Sporting News has Darby at #11 on a list of possible players for offensive rookie of the year.
Vinnie Lyer's top three are Brandon Jackson, Marshawn Lynch, and Calvin Johnson. Darby is his "longshot" pick since he was drafted in the seventh round and is third on the depth chart behind Williams and (I assume) Pittman. He mentions Cadillac's durability as questionable and ignores Graham and Gates as possible obstacles.

Perfect name for a sportswriter at either the Tribune or Times.

Diehart fisherman

Starter

#1 : August 07, 2007, 07:26:29 AM

In the Bucs  have Williams, Pittman, Graham and then Darby. Gates is setting in the hot seat.   I like Darby I hope he makes the team. 

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#2 : August 07, 2007, 08:59:50 AM

Not happening

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#3 : August 07, 2007, 09:09:01 AM

Darby is fighting to make the roster right now. He's got a long way to go to make the roster let alone be ROY.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#4 : August 07, 2007, 09:11:50 AM

Cut Graham.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#5 : August 07, 2007, 09:16:28 AM

Darby is fighting to make the roster right now. He's got a long way to go to make the roster let alone be ROY.

"longshot"

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#6 : August 07, 2007, 09:34:11 AM

I didn't even know he was on the team.   It's hard to be rookie of the year when you don't play.   Unless Caddy gets hurt, he'll be a bench warmer.

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#7 : August 07, 2007, 09:39:21 AM

Cut the leading special teams tackler and a proven ball carrier and blocker! RUSTY FOR PRESDIENT!

goto11

Starter
#8 : August 07, 2007, 10:30:27 AM

Graham is #3 on the depth chart for the Patriots.    I'm not seeing ROY for Darby.  After all the hype, if Calvin Johnson isn't ROY, the Lions are doing something wrong.

Again.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#9 : August 07, 2007, 12:48:11 PM

Graham is #3 on the depth chart for the Patriots. I'm not seeing ROY for Darby. After all the hype, if Calvin Johnson isn't ROY, the Lions are doing something wrong.

Again.

I can see Marshawn Lynch easily winning ROY.  Buffalo has added some linemen, they have a history of wanting to involve their running back a good deal.

But Darby? 

Gonzalez in Indy is my darkhorse for ROY.

Johnson isn't getting that OROY, not with the #1 ahead of him, Kitna as the QB, and him being on the Lions as the twenty millionth first round stud wideout picked.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#10 : August 07, 2007, 12:52:58 PM

A columnist for Sporting News has Darby at #11 on a list of possible players for offensive rookie of the year.

That has to be a joke........what chance does he have if Watson and Brackins failed before him.

gone

Hall of Famer
#11 : August 07, 2007, 12:53:27 PM

Vinnie Lyer.  Definitely destined to write for a paper.

Johnson has to be the OROY favorite #2 notwithstanding.  This is a Martz offense, he'll get more than his share of balls.

I could see Darby as a longshot is caddy, pittman, graham, and gates all get kneecapped by Tonya Harding, otherwise he isn't gonna see the field this year.  He does have longterm upside though, so I do agree with Rusty that I'd keep him over Mr. August.  I don't think we could hide him on the PS.

blitz

Pro Bowler
#12 : August 08, 2007, 03:01:06 AM

Gates is playing like a madman.  I like Darby but I think he's going to the Practice Team.

#13 : November 07, 2008, 08:43:44 PM

Cut Graham.

Ouch.

techstar25

Starter

#14 : November 07, 2008, 04:55:59 PM

Darby will be starting for the Rams this weekend against the Jets.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/nfl/11/07/darby.ap/index.html?eref=sircrc

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Check out my blog "Reheemisms", a compilation of his best quotes.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kenneth Darby for ROY « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools