Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gaines Read... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

: August 07, 2007, 12:33:58 PM

I know you guys hate the local media, and once again this is me worrying about our rookie but heres a little read...

http://www.sptimes.com/2007/08/07/Bucs/Money_can_t_buy_insta.shtml

gone

Hall of Famer
#1 : August 07, 2007, 12:38:11 PM

What's worrying about this?  I fail to see it.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#2 : August 07, 2007, 12:41:17 PM

This must be the fifteenth "growing pains" article that has been rehashed...

Snook

Hall of Famer

#3 : August 07, 2007, 01:16:13 PM

You mean he's not a Hall of Famer right out of the box?  Shocking...

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#4 : August 07, 2007, 01:22:05 PM

Fluff to fill space.

That could be said about almost any player drafted high on the totem pole.

Saw similar article on Thomas of the Browns.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#5 : August 07, 2007, 01:23:36 PM

They should cut him now and make room on the roster for a player with some talent at the position.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#6 : August 07, 2007, 01:24:36 PM

What is it with this team?

Jesus the guy is a rookie.

#7 : August 07, 2007, 01:25:53 PM

Yeah, like Greg White.
They should cut him now and make room on the roster for a player with some talent at the position.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#8 : August 07, 2007, 01:27:39 PM

It is called a progress report update. I think they do this bit on every rookie (or at least every first rounder) in every town. The problem isn't that they are doing it, it is that people don't like what they are saying.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

shutdabucup

Second String

#9 : August 07, 2007, 01:44:52 PM

[banghead]
Reading and listening to the local media talk about the bucs is almost as bad as listening to Nancy Grace talk about professional wrestling and steroids (or anything else).  

Histrionics, melodrama and misinformation.

Sgt.Shultz

Hall of Famer

#10 : August 07, 2007, 01:52:01 PM

Thats funny considering everybody here last year was ringing Gradkowski's neck for being horrible. I mean come on he was a rookie. :D

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#11 : August 07, 2007, 01:53:26 PM

Gaines Adams has been compared to Leonard Little. Leaving the DUI killing aside, you can use that comparison however you like.

gone

Hall of Famer
#12 : August 07, 2007, 02:42:10 PM

It is called a progress report update. I think they do this bit on every rookie (or at least every first rounder) in every town. The problem isn't that they are doing it, it is that people don't like what they are saying.

I don't get it.  What's there that people "don't like"?  It's about what's to be expected.  If someone "doesn't like" what they're saying I'd think it has more to do with the listener than what's being said...

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#13 : August 07, 2007, 02:53:56 PM

The problem is this discussion has been done over so many times, so recently, that it doesn't do much more than state the obvious. Not to mention this is basically a carbon copy of the thread warren made only 5 days ago: http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?topic=11898.0

Shouldn't this go in the Deja Vu thread?

Thats funny considering everybody here last year was ringing Gradkowski's neck for being horrible. I mean come on he was a rookie. :D

Actually this time last year, people were praising Grads for learning the offense so quickly, passing an injured Luke McCown, and outplaying Rattay in the pre-season. Looking back on it, not so impressive. :o

#14 : August 07, 2007, 04:37:03 PM

Its not an issue of Gaines talent...its an issue of the fact that Jammal Anderson and Adam Carriker seem to be better prospects

and

FO may have needed to do their homework
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gaines Read... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools