Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gaines Read... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#15 : August 07, 2007, 04:51:53 PM

The problem is this discussion has been done over so many times, so recently, that it doesn't do much more than state the obvious. Not to mention this is basically a carbon copy of the thread warren made only 5 days ago: http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?topic=11898.0

Of course now we have 5 more days of info and a new milestone if you will with the first depth chart. We always discuss the same crap over and over. Next week when he moves to #1 plenty of folks will want to talk about his progress.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#16 : August 07, 2007, 04:55:04 PM

Its not an issue of Gaines talent...its an issue of the fact that Jammal Anderson and Adam Carriker seem to be better prospects

We'll have to check back on that in 3 years. Right now, they haven't taken a snap.

FO may have needed to do their homework

They did. And they consulted the coaching staff as well.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#17 : August 07, 2007, 05:12:00 PM

Its amazing how people are questioning this pick already like its FACT that Gaines wasn't the best choice at #4.  Unbelievable...

Whether you agree with the pick or not, let time decide this...

T

Hall of Famer

#18 : August 07, 2007, 06:24:27 PM

Trade him for Strahan

blitz

Pro Bowler
#19 : August 07, 2007, 07:34:13 PM

Gaines put the hurting on Becht today.  Adam's favorite move is a choke hold!

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#20 : August 07, 2007, 10:02:16 PM

Of course now we have 5 more days of info and a new milestone if you will with the first depth chart. We always discuss the same crap over and over. Next week when he moves to #1 plenty of folks will want to talk about his progress.

Doesn't mean that the 15th time it's re-hashed that it's "news". I don't have a problem with them doing it, or a problem with it being negative. I have a problem with it being exactly the same as we've heard before. Shall I start another "Petitgout injured" thread while we're at it and link to any number of articles that have him out but offer no new information? Same deal.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#21 : August 07, 2007, 11:23:59 PM

They should cut him now and make room on the roster for a player with some talent at the position.

Its not an issue of Gaines talent...its an issue of the fact that Jammal Anderson and Adam Carriker seem to be better prospects

and

FO may have needed to do their homework

What word have you heard on Anderson's training camp?  I scanned the Falcon board but couldn't find anything.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#22 : August 08, 2007, 01:02:35 AM

What word have you heard on Anderson's training camp? I scanned the Falcon board but couldn't find anything.

I visit the Falcons site on occassion.   From what they are saying, he looks good.   They think they are going to have a dominant line this year with him and Abraham wreaking havoc on QB's.   I haven't seen anyone say he's been thrown around like a rag doll yet.   But we'll see when the real bullets fly.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#23 : August 08, 2007, 10:46:42 AM

Anderson=LE not a need

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

#24 : August 08, 2007, 11:07:18 AM

Anderson=LE not a need

After this season it could be.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#25 : August 08, 2007, 11:59:45 AM

Anderson=LE not a need

I liked Adams over Anderson but LE not a need? Spires and Carter are your idea of an answer? C'mon.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#26 : August 08, 2007, 12:19:57 PM

Anderson=LE not a need

I liked Adams over Anderson but LE not a need? Spires and Carter are your idea of an answer? C'mon.
Anderson is a raw product that had 1 good year,not to mention his sacks weren't legit as alot of his sacks came off broken plays. I wouldn't take the risk of taking a 1 yr wonder if im a GM.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#27 : August 08, 2007, 01:23:41 PM

Anderson is a raw product that had 1 good year,not to mention his sacks weren't legit as alot of his sacks came off broken plays. I wouldn't take the risk of taking a 1 yr wonder if im a GM.

Anderson <> Good is a different argument than LDE <> need. I'm with you on the former but not so much the latter.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gaines Read... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools