Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Fossils challenge old evoluton theory « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Runole

Hall of Famer
#15 : August 10, 2007, 11:19:22 AM

As paleontologist and all other researchers seek a greater truth there most certainly are some gaps in the overall species creation thing. Most certainly natural selection and abrupt environmental conditions have led to extinctions and creations of new forms of life from the existing survivors of such natural disasters.

Personally, I have my doubts that complex living things were zapped into existence.  I would think that a survivable mutation after natural catastrophic events followed by normal natural selection are a big part of  Evolution. Speciation  has been proven to be a factor throughout the world in isolated areas with fixed gene pools.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#16 : August 10, 2007, 12:43:21 PM

"The more we know, the more complex the story gets," he said. Scientists used to think Homo sapiens evolved from Neanderthals, he said. But now we know that both species lived during the same time period and that we did not come from Neanderthals.

Now a similar discovery applies further back in time.

Remember those posters back in high school where they showed how smooth and perfect the evolution
of man was throughout time? The Neanderthal discovery and this one show how it was a bunch of
crap. There are major holes in the theory. Things just don't add up. And I'm not a Creationist.

One of my biggest peeves, is that if you question Evolutionary Theory then you must be a creationist.  I don't accept the current Theory of Evolution. That doesn't automatically mean I believe the Genesis Version.  It does mean that I find ''the mechanics'' of evolution questionable. As ufjoe said "Things just don't add up".

If you think a theory is wrong, then you don't have to accept an opposing theory. There could be a correct theory that no one has proposed yet.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#17 : August 10, 2007, 12:46:18 PM

"The more we know, the more complex the story gets," he said. Scientists used to think Homo sapiens evolved from Neanderthals, he said. But now we know that both species lived during the same time period and that we did not come from Neanderthals.

Now a similar discovery applies further back in time.

Remember those posters back in high school where they showed how smooth and perfect the evolution
of man was throughout time? The Neanderthal discovery and this one show how it was a bunch of
crap. There are major holes in the theory. Things just don't add up. And I'm not a Creationist.

One of my biggest peeves, is that if you question Evolutionary Theory then you must be a creationist.  I don't accept the current Theory of Evolution. That doesn't automatically mean I believe the Genesis Version.  It does mean that I find ''the mechanics'' of evolution questionable. As ufjoe said "Things just don't add up".

If you think a theory is wrong, then you don't have to accept an opposing theory. There could be a correct theory that no one has proposed yet.

Most certainly the current theories of evolution will constantly be revised and altered. That is how science works and why there will always be problems with religious dogma that is unchangeable.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#18 : August 10, 2007, 12:58:31 PM

Most certainly the current theories of evolution will constantly be revised and altered. That is how science works and why there will always be problems with religious dogma that is unchangeable.

The problem is that scientists too often treat existing theories as dogma.  Trying to ''tinker'' with the numbers instead of thinking outside the 100 year old box and looking for new ideas.  The revisions are always small and incremental because major revisions would be met with ridicule and ostracision from the ''old school'' academics.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Fossils challenge old evoluton theory « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools