Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Colts versus Pats thread « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #30 : November 06, 2006, 09:55:42 AM »

I will never praise Schottenheimer nor Tony until they win a Super Bowl.  I never praised Cowher either until he actually did it. 

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

« #31 : November 06, 2006, 01:12:28 PM »

IMO, Manning is the one winning the Colts games, not Dungy

here's an interesting thing someone else posted in another thread:

After eight games, the Indianapolis Colts have allowed 5.4 yards per rush by their opponents.

This is a historically bad run defense. It's stunning that a defensive maven like Tony Dungy would have such a porous run defense, and unless the Colts get it fixed in the season's second half, this could signal another disappointing end to another Colts' season.

The worst run defenses in pro football since 1960:
Worst Run Defenses
Rank    Team    Year    Avg.
1.    Minnesota    1961    5.4
2.    Indianapolis    2006    5.3
3.    Houston    1965    5.3
4.    Kansas City    2003    5.2

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/peter_king/11/05/mmqb/2.html

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

« #32 : November 06, 2006, 03:22:42 PM »

After eight games, the Indianapolis Colts have allowed 5.4 yards per rush by their opponents.

This is a historically bad run defense. It's stunning that a defensive maven like Tony Dungy would have such a porous run defense, and unless the Colts get it fixed in the season's second half, this could signal another disappointing end to another Colts' season.

Worst Run Defenses

Yeah let's reduce the HC to nothingness and give him no credit for the win and all the credit for the loss, if there had been one...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #33 : November 06, 2006, 03:25:48 PM »

So much for Tony not winning a big game...Ohhh that's right this isn't the playoffs so it doesn't count as a big game...right? ;D
That is correct, actually.

Whatever!!!  You TD bashers would have been all over it as such if they'd have lost....

I am not a TD basher, as you put it.  But the man hasn't won the big games yet, hasn't done so in his career as a HC, has he?  He maybe Colonel Regular Season, but come playoff time, he can't get the job done.

Is there any subjective reasoning in that statement?  Nope.  Why?  Because it is true.

TD is a nice HC, he gets along well with his players, but he has had some fantastic teams, some of the best teams in the league by most standards, and still failed to bring home a trophy.  That said, I still like the man as a coach, and as a leader.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

« #34 : November 06, 2006, 03:29:09 PM »

Boid, I'm not going there with you bro...I shouldn't have even commented earlier...I so hate this discussion...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #35 : November 06, 2006, 03:31:23 PM »

Boid, I'm not going there with you bro...I shouldn't have even commented earlier...I so hate this discussion...
Fair enough, I hate it as well.

Dungy v. Gruden is about as bad as it gets, on all levels.

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

« #36 : November 06, 2006, 03:35:27 PM »

Worst Run Defenses

Yeah let's reduce the HC to nothingness and give him no credit for the win and all the credit for the loss, if there had been one...

I'mm not reducing TD to nothingness, but it impossible to deny the HUGE impact Manning has on that team. Without him they're nothing. He carries that team year in and year out. Imagine if he goes down and Sorgi had to be the the starter

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

« #37 : November 06, 2006, 04:06:36 PM »

Worst Run Defenses

I'mm not reducing TD to nothingness, but it impossible to deny the HUGE impact Manning has on that team. Without him they're nothing. He carries that team year in and year out. Imagine if he goes down and Sorgi had to be the the starter

Imagine if every team in the league had a Peyton Manning...

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Colts versus Pats thread « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools