Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SIMMS' Return « previous next »
Page: 1 2

CSimms02

Rookie

: November 05, 2006, 08:32:53 PM

im really hoping that gruden(if they even keep him as head coach next year) keeps him on the team.  I really wish that Allen makes another contract for him thats enough money and that simms takes it cause i really want to see him back on the bucs since Grads hasnt been doing anything for us.

SeedOfChucky33

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 05, 2006, 08:35:17 PM

I'd like to see him back, but don't  guarentee him anything. Have him and Grads duel it out, may the best man win.

When you talk about what the college football experience is all about, that's it. Auburn is the epitome.
--Bud Poliquin, Syracuse Post-Standard
[/b]

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 05, 2006, 08:35:57 PM

im really hoping that gruden(if they even keep him as head coach next year) keeps him on the team.  I really wish that Allen makes another contract for him thats enough money and that simms takes it cause i really want to see him back on the bucs since Grads hasnt been doing anything for us.

I doubt Simms comes back with Gruden has HC.  If he did return they would need at least one new tackle, and a new playbook, Chris just doesn't fit what Gruden wants to do.

CSimms02

Rookie

#3 : November 05, 2006, 08:36:14 PM

so do u still think simms has a chance of coming back??

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
#4 : November 05, 2006, 08:39:05 PM

I'd like to see him back, but don't  guarentee him anything. Have him and Grads duel it out, may the best man win.

Now that would be the best for us next year.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#5 : November 05, 2006, 08:39:35 PM

im really hoping that gruden(if they even keep him as head coach next year) keeps him on the team.  I really wish that Allen makes another contract for him thats enough money and that simms takes it cause i really want to see him back on the bucs since Grads hasnt been doing anything for us.

I doubt Simms comes back with Gruden has HC.  If he did return they would need at least one new tackle, and a new playbook, Chris just doesn't fit what Gruden wants to do.

It doesn't look like Grads does either.

CSimms02

Rookie

#6 : November 05, 2006, 08:41:16 PM

yea i know i dont think grads fits with grudens system...and even though he has some things gruden likes like scrambling i still dont think thats enough

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 05, 2006, 08:42:14 PM

im really hoping that gruden(if they even keep him as head coach next year) keeps him on the team.  I really wish that Allen makes another contract for him thats enough money and that simms takes it cause i really want to see him back on the bucs since Grads hasnt been doing anything for us.

When he has had two years with the playbook and 15 games in the NFL we might be in a position to make that call.  It would also be nice if the O-line could help a little, and the D could stop team from marching down the field.

magicfan39126

Pro Bowler

#8 : November 05, 2006, 08:45:17 PM

I doubt Simms comes back with Gruden has HC.  If he did return they would need at least one new tackle, and a new playbook, Chris just doesn't fit what Gruden wants to do.

How much you want to bet that Grads is the starter next year?

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#9 : November 05, 2006, 08:46:12 PM

When he has had two years with the playbook and 15 games in the NFL we might be in a position to make that call.  It would also be nice if the O-line could help a little, and the D could stop team from marching down the field.

I don't think we can afford to take that much time.  IMO we need to see what McCown has before this year is over as well.  If neither can show anything, we need to seriously think about getting a real franchise guy in here.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 05, 2006, 08:46:27 PM

yea i know i dont think grads fits with grudens system...and even though he has some things gruden likes like scrambling i still dont think thats enough

18/31, 185, 2 Tds, 0Ints, QB rating 96.7.

I think you can count the number of games that Simms had better numbers on one hand, and have fingers to spare.  Simms had three years to learn the playbook and the O-line was playing a lot better last year.  We now have no running game and the D isn;t capable of competing for 60 minutes.

Grads might not be the longtem answer, but right now he is the best option we have.  Give the rookie the rest of the season before you write him off.

#11 : November 05, 2006, 08:51:24 PM

how many rushing yards did Grads have today, and Ray I meant that argument that Grads is doing poor

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#12 : November 05, 2006, 08:48:20 PM

How much you want to bet that Grads is the starter next year?

He will be if we don't want to make the playoffs......

But seriously, he may be by default.  Who else will we start?  A rookie we draft?  His only competition would seem to be McCown who he is startingover now, or MAYBE Simms if they re-sign him to a deal to compete.  But that doesn't mean he deserves it or we will be a good team.

If we want to win soon we need someone else in there.  Period.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 05, 2006, 08:48:52 PM

I don't think we can afford to take that much time.  IMO we need to see what McCown has before this year is over as well.  If neither can show anything, we need to seriously think about getting a real franchise guy in here.

I think McCown should get some playtome this season for sure.  If we draft a rookie you can kiss 2007 goodbye, and that might be all the time Gruden has.  Might be better for the Buccs if Gruden was fired and a new guy could come in and build an O around Simms.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#14 : November 05, 2006, 08:50:00 PM

18/31, 185, 2 Tds, 0Ints, QB rating 96.7.

I think you can count the number of games that Simms had better numbers on one hand, and have fingers to spare.  Simms had three years to learn the playbook and the O-line was playing a lot better last year.  We now have no running game and the D isn;t capable of competing for 60 minutes.

Grads might not be the longtem answer, but right now he is the best option we have.  Give the rookie the rest of the season before you write him off.

Owned it?  LOL.

I don't think I ever said Simms was better.

I agree he is probably the best we have, but it isn't really working so far.  If it continues this way I would like to see what McCown can do.  Might as well evaluate him and other young players to truly see what we have going into next year.  Let's face it, this season is pretty much over.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SIMMS' Return « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools