Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SIMMS' Return « previous next »
Page: 1 2

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 05, 2006, 08:53:46 PM

how many rushing yards did Grads have today,

2 for 12, and a crucial 1st down.

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#16 : November 05, 2006, 09:09:53 PM

I think McCown should get some playtome this season for sure.  If we draft a rookie you can kiss 2007 goodbye, and that might be all the time Gruden has.  Might be better for the Buccs if Gruden was fired and a new guy could come in and build an O around Simms.

Personally, I'd rather spend whatever money would be going to keeping Chris Simms and throw it at somebody that can make plays on Defense -- pick a position, there is no place on the defensive 11, other than maybe Ronde, that couldn't stand to be upgraded.

Chris and Bruce share one thing in common -- both showed/have shown "flashes" of being something more than they currently are. I don't know that two of them equals one whole QB. Pick one and move on -- possibly bringing in a steady veteran hand if things break down.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#17 : November 05, 2006, 10:35:43 PM

Is it sacreligious to suggest that maybe Gruden's system is the problem? ???

gone

Hall of Famer
#18 : November 05, 2006, 11:01:01 PM

Is it sacreligious to suggest that maybe Gruden's system is the problem? ???
No, but it is pretty stu...well nevermind

DBuc

Second String

#19 : November 06, 2006, 12:18:55 AM

Did any of you even watch the preseason and the first 3 games this season?  Simms was just horrible...Do you remember Simms first couple of games?   He could barely handle snaps...and this was in his second year in the league...In his third season his first two games were pretty awful as well... Now I will say he had some moments last year but already Grads is showing a lot more tools and maturity as a rookie than Simms did in his first 2 years and he should only get better...

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SIMMS' Return « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools