Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Simon out for year ... Trade them Booger! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#15 : October 07, 2006, 09:25:48 AM

Maybe because they think Trueblood is ready or the knee just wasn't coming around.

I think it would be ridiculous to throw in the towel after three games.   I think its funny how some fans have been talking Superbowl and then a month later they want to the Bucs to just give up and wait til next year.

Just for the record, these fans are in favor of just scrapping the year right now. In other words they have given up.  Because regardless of what you think of Booger, there is no legit backup.

ALL DA WAY
BOID FINK
CARADOC
TRUE PIRATE
BUCKIT (big shock there)
CORRUPT PIRATE

Some fans.  I've been the first one to bash unrealistic homer fans, but to give up on the season after 3 games?  Three games?????  Thats ridiculous. I hope our players have more heart than some of our fans.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 07, 2006, 09:45:26 AM

Maybe because they think Trueblood is ready or the knee just wasn't coming around.

I think it would be ridiculous to throw in the towel after three games. I think its funny how some fans have been talking Superbowl and then a month later they want to the Bucs to just give up and wait til next year.

Just for the record, these fans are in favor of just scrapping the year right now. In other words they have given up. Because regardless of what you think of Booger, there is no legit backup.

ALL DA WAY
BOID FINK
CARADOC
TRUE PIRATE
BUCKIT (big shock there)
CORRUPT PIRATE

Some fans. I've been the first one to bash unrealistic homer fans, but to give up on the season after 3 games? Three games????? Thats ridiculous. I hope our players have more heart than some of our fans.
Hey, making lists is ABBucsfan's job.

I have always said I hoped for the best, but I just can't see the light right now.  The team is in a state of duress, period.

At Oh and 4, do you give up then? ::)

How about oh and 5? ;)

FWIW, that list could be expanded by about 5 or 6 off the top of my head...but you can figure it out for yourself.

I guess since I am on your list ::), I should stop going out to watch the games.  Stop scheduling around my Sundays...get a grip dude.

I have a list I'd like to put you on too, but I would get banned if I did that...

And as for talking Superbowl this year, are you friggin' kidding me? [banghead]  Didn't here that from me ace.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 07, 2006, 09:51:36 AM

I think it would be ridiculous to throw in the towel after three games.   I think its funny how some fans have been talking Superbowl and then a month later they want to the Bucs to just give up and wait til next year.

Just for the record, these fans are in favor of just scrapping the year right now. In other words they have given up.  Because regardless of what you think of Booger, there is no legit backup.

ALL DA WAY
BOID FINK
CARADOC
TRUE PIRATE
BUCKIT (big shock there)
CORRUPT PIRATE

Some fans.  I've been the first one to bash unrealistic homer fans, but to give up on the season after 3 games?  Three games?????  Thats ridiculous. I hope our players have more heart than some of our fans.

Trading Booger is giving up on the season? No legit backup? Who is being unrealistic here?  Think about this for a minute....no think about it for a second.  Bradely/Bryant last year filled in well for Booger who was out.  And in my opinion there is no big drop off from Booger to Wyms.

From the Super Bowl year to now we have seen it time and time again where Booger is out of the lineup the run defense is just as good without him.  The only thing that Booger homers had to hang their hat on was that he was "good" against the run (which was disproven time and time again but we will let them have that).

As far as giving up on the season?  I was the first to point out the Bucs are not out of it yet last week considering the Bucs have some divisional games left and that the NFC is weak this year.   Where have you been Itch???  :D :D :D :D :D

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 07, 2006, 09:58:08 AM

I would also like to add that I would be suprised if a team within this division has double digit wins to finish the year.  People call me a homer but if the Bucs have a tough schedule so does the rest of the NFC south except for what two games?  That is why I would not be suprised if a team wins the division with 8-9 wins this year.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#19 : October 07, 2006, 10:16:16 AM

"No big dropoff".  Well then there is a dropoff according to you, and of course then the dropoff extends to the backup who would be bringing back a guy from the practice squad. Either the inconsistent Bryant or Bradley who God knows where he is right now.

There is no way you can say the team is better off or just as well off this year without Booger. Thats a ridiculous contention.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 07, 2006, 10:20:30 AM

Bradley and Bryant are legitimate starters who would be better than McFarland?
What does it say about  Booger when backups from last year who are not even on the team this year filled in for Booger and there was no drop off?

Bradley was cut. Bryant was cut.  Bryant is now on the practice squad. I don't know where Bradley is.   

That is the point.  Booger is not that good.

But its your contention that the team would be better off for this year getting rid of the starter and picking up a guy from the practice squad.  OK then.

Call me a homer if you must but the Bucs won a Super Bowl without that starter and also won a game IN Carolina without that starter last year.  I dare you to call me a homer.   :D :D :D

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 07, 2006, 10:21:11 AM

Bradley and Bryant are legitimate starters who would be better than McFarland?

Bradley was cut. Bryant was cut. Bryant is now on the practice squad. I don't know where Bradley is.

But its your contention that the team would be better off for this year getting rid of the starter and picking up a guy from the practice squad. OK then.

I assume that like most of us have been saying, that what he meant was trade him for something of worth.  Be it a draft pick, or some player, removing his salary would be great in the hunt for quality FAs next year.  Booger has not done much the last few years, he is injury prone, and doesn't get the pressures on the QBs that the tackles should be doing.

He had his time to shine, and now we all see what he is (which is very average at best).  Replacing him with Bradley or Bryant or Pee Wee Herman wouldn't matter much to me...hell, they all could get about a half tackle a game as well... :'(

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 07, 2006, 10:23:54 AM

"No big dropoff".  Well then there is a dropoff according to you, and of course then the dropoff extends to the backup who would be bringing back a guy from the practice squad. Either the inconsistent Bryant or Bradley who God knows where he is right now.

There is no way you can say the team is better off or just as well off this year without Booger. Thats a ridiculous contention.

No.  I am saying that players that are not on this team can bring what Booger brings.  And there is not a big drop off with Wyms from Booger.

I am very sure that this team would not miss a beat without Booger.  It is NOT a rediculous contention.  It has been proven time and time again since the Super Bowl year where Booger misses games the run defense has not suffered. 

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#23 : October 07, 2006, 10:25:49 AM

No. I am saying that players that are not on this team can bring what Booger brings. And there is not a big drop off with Wyms from Booger.

I am very sure that this team would not miss a beat without Booger. It is NOT a rediculous contention. It has been proven time and time again since the Super Bowl year where Booger misses games the run defense has not suffered.

Agreed, and thus proving that he is injury prone as well.

Losong Booger isn't as drastic as losing...Simms. 

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#24 : October 07, 2006, 02:39:39 PM

I assume that like most of us have been saying, that what he meant was trade him for something of worth.  Be it a draft pick, or some player, removing his salary would be great in the hunt for quality FAs  :o next year :o.  Booger has not done much the last few years, he is injury prone, and doesn't get the pressures on the QBs that the tackles should be doing.

Exactly.  Thank you for illustrating my point. YOU ALL ARE GIVING UP ON THIS YEAR!  Sure you can do something to help for next year, but we have only played 3 GAMES! Its way to early to bail on this year and play wait til next year.  That is exactly what you are proposing. 3 GAMES!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#25 : October 07, 2006, 03:13:35 PM

Exactly.  Thank you for illustrating my point. YOU ALL ARE GIVING UP ON THIS YEAR!  Sure you can do something to help for next year, but we have only played 3 GAMES! Its way to early to bail on this year and play wait til next year.  That is exactly what you are proposing. 3 GAMES!

Who said ANYTHING about bailing out in three games?

Did I?

I thought I was saying Booger should be traded away to relieve his cap hit next year in the hunt for FAs...since we are obviously in rebuild mode.  You can drink Kool Aid till you are pewter in the groin, but does that mean the Bucs are a playoff team this year?  I bet a little bit, and I would not throw my money away on that one, despite the fact they are my favorite team of all time.

Booger has not played up to neither his potential, or his draft status.  He is injury prone, doesn't get the pressures or the sacks, and is opverpaid.  Time to put Wyms in there, or somebody that can get 1 tackle a game for around what that is worth.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#26 : October 07, 2006, 03:20:33 PM

If Wyms or anybody else was better then Kiffin would be starting him.

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#27 : October 07, 2006, 03:31:02 PM

Wanting to get rid of Booger does not mean throw away the season. It means that let the team get something positive from Booger like a draft pick that might actually help the team.

I don't think anyone is saying give up on the year. But when you say the team has only played for 3 games, what has the team shown, outside from the Carolina game, that they can go 8+ wins this year. And in the Carolina game, Simms actually stepped up his game to make it competitive in the second half but as of now, Simms might be done for most if not the whole season.

Let's face it, of the many questions that were thrown around during the offseason (will QB depth hurt us, is the defense's age gonna catch up, is the O-line better), its looking like the worst possible answers are happenening for the Bucs.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#28 : October 07, 2006, 05:04:21 PM

I don't think anyone is saying give up on the year.

Nobody is "saying" it but that is what is being said.   Once you start down that road you can't get off.  A team can't sacrifice even a little of this year for next year without basically calling it quits for this year.   Not even a little bit.  If you are playing for this year then you need every ounce of talent that you can put out there to maximize your chances of winning.  You guys are talking about the Bucs putting 99% toward winning this year and thats one percent too little.

If this was a Keyshawn situation and the guy was a cancer to the team that would be different, but there is not one poster who has contended that the Bucs would be better off THIS YEAR by trading Booger.

The Bucs still have a chance to turn it around this year. They have the talent and the veteran leadership.  They can do it. Will they do it? I don't know. But in the NFL you can't get into the habit of looking forward to next year after only three games. That is the mentality of a loser.

Orangegone1

Starter

#29 : October 07, 2006, 07:29:54 PM

How much dead money would trading Booger create. The Colts are still on the line for the salary cap hit for Simon but don't have to pay his salary. They will look for a cheaper replacement. I am all for collecting more draft pick(especially if we lose to the Saints and go 0-4) but I don't think this deal will work.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Simon out for year ... Trade them Booger! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools