Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Drill reaches trapped Utah miners « previous next »
Page: 1

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

: August 10, 2007, 03:48:51 AM

A drill forming a 2 inch hole broke through to the cavity nearly 1800 feet below the earth's surface where 6 miners are believed to be trapped after a collapse in the Utah coal mine early Monday morning. They lowered a microphone into the hole and have so far not heard any sounds as of 4am EDT Friday morning...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070810/ap_on_re_us/utah_mine_collapse

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#1 : August 11, 2007, 12:10:17 AM

I have hope that they are still alive.  They don't pay those guys enough. 

Can you imagine? 

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#2 : August 12, 2007, 11:01:20 AM

Damn, their gone.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#3 : August 12, 2007, 11:17:27 AM

Not that I don't sympathize with what's going on in Utah, but 5 soldiers died today in Iraq and it gets very little news. Meanwhile, FOX News has a 24/7 coverage of this story.  I just don't understand our country sometimes.

gruber

Pro Bowler

#4 : August 12, 2007, 11:27:31 AM

Not that I don't sympathize with what's going on in Utah, but 5 soldiers died today in Iraq and it gets very little news. Meanwhile, FOX News has a 24/7 coverage of this story. I just don't understand our country sometimes.

agree with 100% oma

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#5 : August 12, 2007, 02:49:21 PM

Not that I don't sympathize with what's going on in Utah, but 5 soldiers died today in Iraq and it gets very little news. Meanwhile, FOX News has a 24/7 coverage of this story. I just don't understand our country sometimes.

Are you saying that the media is ignoring the Iraq war? Have you watched CNN lately?

What I find more disturbing is how the entire news media completely dropped its coverage of the Minnesota bridge collapse as soon it was announced that the death toll is going to be around 10.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#6 : August 12, 2007, 02:52:13 PM

Oh Jesus, give it a rest fellas.

All of it sucks, and we all KNOW that.  Wether it gets coverage or not, does it matter?  Most educated, and informed people get the gist.  War is naturtally going to absorb more lives than a mine collapse.  Doesn't make it any less tragic...it is what it is.  Tragic.  I feel bad for the kids dying in the War, for the men lost in the mine, for the deaths of the people on the bridge.  Only one was not an accident though, bear that in mind...

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Drill reaches trapped Utah miners « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools