Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: My face hurts... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

MyInnerFan

Hall of Famer
: August 09, 2007, 09:20:03 PM

...from laughing at all of the outcry and outpouring.  He didn't walk away when he should have, now he's just another cliched, broken athlete.  I feel bad for his family, but he gets no sympathy from me.  The worst part of this is all of the people that will feel bad for him.  He gambled and pressed his luck with his health for several years, is it truly surprising that this is the way it ends?

On the plus side, he's no longer taking up a roster spot.  Maybe someone who can contribute will get a chance.

Although I haven't posted here in at least a year, some of the veteran posters will remember my stance on the A-Train ever since his original neck injury, so trust me, this isn't meant as a flame.  No disrespect for his career, just for his poor decisions and refusal to step away.

Hey, and Gruden and Allen are finally rid of him and the fans can't point the finger in their direction.  Looks like a win-win situation for Bruce Almighty and Chucky, in my eyes.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#1 : August 09, 2007, 09:24:07 PM

Great to see you posting again MIF ..........I agree with every word.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#2 : August 09, 2007, 09:24:23 PM

Die Hard Alstott fans post in 5....4....3...2....1

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

Sgt.Shultz

Hall of Famer

#3 : August 09, 2007, 09:25:27 PM

What the hell????

Outcry? We are honoring a great football player who after injury came back and gave us great football. An appreciation thread is not outpouring. Its respecting a person for the fact he gave all he could to this team and your chomping at the bit. Dude, not wise to frigging disrespect the most popular football player in Bucs history.

Fresh I am a diehard cause the guy was a great player. I cannot thank him more for that Washington Redskins season game. I got to threw crap back at those stupid ignorant Skins fans. So yes I am defending him.

hanks9872

Second String

#4 : August 09, 2007, 09:27:17 PM

Horrible post man....

The man is a true human...a true warrior and all you can say is he should've quit sooner....Could you walk away from something you've done since you were 6?  Something you truly love?

It isn't that easy and you should understand.....

Mike has the old blood of a Warrior...a pounder...he defines himself by playing football...he doesn't know anything else...

He is dedicated to this team and is a truly humble guy.... I saw him a few years back at a Nickleback concert at the forum waiting in line to get beer just as i was....

I told him thanks for coming back...he plays for you....he plays for me.....he plays for the people that wish they could.....He is our player!

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#5 : August 09, 2007, 09:28:04 PM

You know it was a classy thing by the Glazers to let Alstott go on IR to be paid fully.  It is their money and they did not have to do that.

MyInnerFan

Hall of Famer
#6 : August 09, 2007, 09:28:16 PM

Great to see you posting again MIF ..........I agree with every word.

I've told ABuccs it would take something big to get me posting here again, and this certainly qualifies.  I jsut turly hope that I won't have to make a similar post regarding Mr. Brooks next season.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#7 : August 09, 2007, 09:30:43 PM

Wow.. that was about the dumbest thing I have EVER read on this board.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#8 : August 09, 2007, 09:33:07 PM

:D Welcome back MIF!

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#9 : August 09, 2007, 09:33:28 PM

What  :o  You don't proof read your own posts.   ??? :P

cobraboy

Second String

#10 : August 09, 2007, 09:34:00 PM

You know it was a classy thing by the Glazers to let Alstott go on IR to be paid fully.  It is their money and they did not have to do that.

He got hurt as a player. They owe him the $$$. You just can't cut a player after he gets hurt. An injury settlement, yes, but you can't cut him.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Sgt.Shultz

Hall of Famer

#11 : August 09, 2007, 09:35:19 PM

mjs....please....lets try not to make this the TBBBB. I know those anti-grudenites are praising this move so lets try to keep this not soo crude.

MyInnerFan

Hall of Famer
#12 : August 09, 2007, 09:36:25 PM

Horrible post man....

The man is a true human...a true warrior and all you can say is he should've quit sooner....Could you walk away from something you've done since you were 6? Something you truly love?

It isn't that easy and you should understand.....

You're right, I couldn't walk away, I had to wheel around in a wheelchair for about a year at the age of 18, and have been hobbling around ever since.  Even after the doctors told me I could return, I decided it wasn't worth it.  Now at age 33, I have to walk with a cane and will probably need a knee replacement before 40.  Just think what condition I may be in now if I listened to doctors and my heart, instead of listening to my head and taking my future into consideration.

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#13 : August 09, 2007, 09:37:06 PM

What  :o  You don't proof read your own posts.   ??? :P

QFT

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#14 : August 09, 2007, 09:37:52 PM

Well MIF, you're right. The guy should have hung it up long ago.

Seriously, though, he is a good guy (seemingly) and he was a great player for us for a long time. The last few years have been rough but hey - you shouldn't, and cannot take away from him what he accomplished in the 90s and through the SB run.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: My face hurts... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools