Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: My face hurts... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

hanks9872

Second String

#15 : August 09, 2007, 09:38:12 PM

And another question, why are you laughing?

Your cheeks hurt?????WTH?

I myself have thought he should hang up the cleats but, this is by no means a good day for any REAL bucs fan.....

Hopefully, you simply chose the wrong words to begin your post....

MyInnerFan

Hall of Famer
#16 : August 09, 2007, 09:41:22 PM

And another question, why are you laughing?

Your cheeks hurt?????WTH?

I myself have thought he should hang up the cleats but, this is by no means a good day for any REAL bucs fan.....

Hopefully, you simply chose the wrong words to begin your post....

I'm not laughing at him, I'm laughing at all of the fans that are shocked and stunned at this being the way his career ends.  As I stated in my first post, is it really that surprising?

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#17 : August 09, 2007, 09:41:41 PM

dodo for brains

hanks9872

Second String

#18 : August 09, 2007, 09:43:11 PM

You're right, I couldn't walk away, I had to wheel around in a wheelchair for about a year at the age of 18, and have been hobbling around ever since.  Even after the doctors told me I could return, I decided it wasn't worth it.  Now at age 33, I have to walk with a cane and will probably need a knee replacement before 40.  Just think what condition I may be in now if I listened to doctors and my heart, instead of listening to my head and taking my future into consideration.

Ok, here we go.....

you were 18, alot different than being 33 and walking away from the game, team, and fans you love....

Dude, you can't even compare them...although, I can understand how you could at the time.....

My point is, it wasn't easy for you...what makes you think it was easy for him and he played 15 or so more years than you??

To laugh at him because he chose a different path????  Makes no sense...

hanks9872

Second String

#19 : August 09, 2007, 09:45:25 PM

No, its not surprising....he loves the game....had a hard time coming to the conclusion...

People often forget that Johnny Unitas quit in the same manner.....

It is just the blue collar mentality.....

I would take 11 Mike alstots on my team over 12 Terrel Owens....

Now, I understand a little better.

MyInnerFan

Hall of Famer
#20 : August 09, 2007, 09:47:27 PM

You're right, I couldn't walk away, I had to wheel around in a wheelchair for about a year at the age of 18, and have been hobbling around ever since. Even after the doctors told me I could return, I decided it wasn't worth it. Now at age 33, I have to walk with a cane and will probably need a knee replacement before 40. Just think what condition I may be in now if I listened to doctors and my heart, instead of listening to my head and taking my future into consideration.

Ok, here we go.....

you were 18, alot different than being 33 and walking away from the game, team, and fans you love....

Dude, you can't even compare them...although, I can understand how you could at the time.....

My point is, it wasn't easy for you...what makes you think it was easy for him and he played 15 or so more years than you??

To laugh at him because he chose a different path???? Makes no sense...

As I have stated, it is not at him that my laughter is directed at.

hanks9872

Second String

#21 : August 09, 2007, 09:52:07 PM

Please read my last...

MyInnerFan

Hall of Famer
#22 : August 09, 2007, 09:57:02 PM

Wow.. that was about the dumbest thing I have EVER read on this board.

:D Welcome back MIF!

Thanks.  Don't know how long I'll be around, but I couldn't sit on the sidelines for this.

tampabayfan

Pro Bowler

#23 : August 09, 2007, 10:03:23 PM

Alstott is at the end of his career and gave 100% to the team.  yes its time for him to hang up his cleats, which I'm sure he will do at the end of this year, but dont disrespect the man. He's not the reason the team is in the tubes. The guy took paycut after paycut to stay with the team he loved.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#24 : August 09, 2007, 10:14:04 PM

Alstott is at the end of his career and gave 100% to the team.  yes its time for him to hang up his cleats, which I'm sure he will do at the end of this year, but dont disrespect the man. He's not the reason the team is in the tubes. The guy took paycut after paycut to stay with the team he loved.

I seem to remember him being paid pretty well for a FB.

MyInnerFan

Hall of Famer
#25 : August 09, 2007, 10:17:26 PM

Alstott is at the end of his career and gave 100% to the team. yes its time for him to hang up his cleats, which I'm sure he will do at the end of this year, but dont disrespect the man. He's not the reason the team is in the tubes. The guy took paycut after paycut to stay with the team he loved.

Especially if you consider his pay per play.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#26 : August 09, 2007, 10:18:23 PM

Finally I think some of the fans understand that Mike Alstott is human....he isn't Superman. But you still have those few dilusional people. Like one called up on the radio today claiming they dont believe he is injured. They are convinced it is a conspiracy by Gruden to get him off the field.

The guy is a great player, but all careers come to an end. This guy has been taking big hits all his life. That puts a very heavy toll on the body. And finally it is catching up to him.
I know everyone wants to see him with the ball running people over...but you also don't want to run the risk of seeing him take a hit and then not getting back up. Eventually the body just has had enough.

#27 : August 09, 2007, 10:23:06 PM

What the hell????

Outcry? We are honoring a great football player who after injury came back and gave us great football.

He hasn't given us great football post injury

tampabayfan

Pro Bowler

#28 : August 09, 2007, 10:24:05 PM

Alstott is at the end of his career and gave 100% to the team. yes its time for him to hang up his cleats, which I'm sure he will do at the end of this year, but dont disrespect the man. He's not the reason the team is in the tubes. The guy took paycut after paycut to stay with the team he loved.

I also recall one season where he made vet minimum to stay with the team. No he's not poor from playing football and I also think he did his best to earn his pay. The guy scored something like 70 touchtowns for this team. He earned his pay and wasnt the type to hold out for more pay.

sma2680

Practice Squad

#29 : August 09, 2007, 10:32:48 PM

You know it was a classy thing by the Glazers to let Alstott go on IR to be paid fully.  It is their money and they did not have to do that.

He got hurt as a player. They owe him the $$$. You just can't cut a player after he gets hurt. An injury settlement, yes, but you can't cut him.

I think the original statement was under the assumption that he would have retired.  If he retired, he is not entitled to a injury settlement unless he files a grievance...which he may or may not have done.  Regardless, an injury settlement wouldn't have equaled his entire salary...that would be the most he could hope for, with nothing being the lowest, so it would have been somewhere in between. 

As for the posts that are glad he is gone, he may not have had a large role the past few years, but a little respect should be expected for a guy who is our all-time touchdowns leader and a guy who played his entire career here. 
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: My face hurts... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools