Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: My face hurts... « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#75 : August 12, 2007, 01:42:46 PM

Hmm it is interesting with some folks around these parts when talking about certain people doing things purely to stroke their ego.

LtFox

Starter

#76 : August 12, 2007, 07:35:46 PM

Frankly, I think Alstott remains behind both Lee Roy Selmon and Derrick Brooks with regard to overall popularity. This is a fact that most current Buc fans cannot understand because they are all relatively "new" fans. Most folks here were not around during Selmon's playing days. He is a beloved member of Buccaneer Alumni and the community.

And tough as it is to swallow, NFL teams do not occupy a roster spot with a guy that MIGHT "will" his team to victory.

This is a FACT that most current Buc fans cannot understand?  I am curious to know how this is a fact? Is it because you say so? Also, I think you are sorely mistaken about Selmon being more popular NOW then Alstott. More popular...no...more talented....yes.

#77 : August 12, 2007, 09:06:04 PM

Mr. Lt. Fox

Nowhere did I specify NOW over THEN....for your convenience, here is what I wrote:

Frankly, I think Alstott remains behind both Lee Roy Selmon and Derrick Brooks with regard to overall popularity.  This is a fact that most current Buc fans cannot understand because they are all relatively "new" fans.  Most folks here were not around during Selmon's playing days.  He is a beloved member of Buccaneer Alumni and the community.

My comment was geared toward the fact that many CURRENT fans were NOT fans when Lee Roy played.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#78 : August 12, 2007, 09:49:54 PM

Of course they weren't. He hasn't played in over 20 years. If you begin getting into football at 7 or 8, that means anyone under 30 is ruled out. That's a large part of the fanbase.

In Verner We Trust

#79 : August 12, 2007, 09:59:21 PM

Exactly my point Jersey.  Few of us were fortunate enough to see #63 play.
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: My face hurts... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools