Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Official Preseason Bucs vs. Patriots Game 8/10 « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 26 27 28

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#405 : August 11, 2007, 01:03:11 PM

"Hate" is hater

He's my dog but lately him and MJS are straight grumpy old men.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#406 : August 11, 2007, 01:08:42 PM

m~j~s thinks our team sux

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

#407 : August 11, 2007, 01:27:48 PM

Luke is the answer. The sooner Gruden realizes that the better.

LOL..... this coming from the guy carrying the pom-poms for Simms?

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#408 : August 11, 2007, 01:32:11 PM

A lot of the Simms fans seem to have jumped ship to McCown's all of sudden. :P

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#409 : August 11, 2007, 01:35:15 PM

Hey, I am not a Simms fan. But maybe he can be the next Drew Brees

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

#410 : August 11, 2007, 01:37:43 PM

Good to hear GF63....

Another classy guy in the Bucs organization.  Who can play.

I hope he does good things, makes your son happy...

I hope he lives up to his #4 pick status..... and makes me happy!!!!

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer

#411 : August 11, 2007, 01:46:23 PM

guys, I don't think too many people expect simms to be here next year, but you can't help but wish the kid would get his mojo working.  luke looked promising.  and grads had some moves he didn't have last year so he's even improved...wouldn't be amazing if we ended up with our franchise QB in McGowen?  We could forget drafing a QB and concentrate on center, under tackle/nose tackle and a return guy like Ginn is supposed to be...

#412 : August 11, 2007, 02:02:40 PM

"Hate" is hater

LMAO!!!

MJS and I are just realists. I am surprised at his harshness though!!

Come on man, nobody's jumping on his jock. What's funny is you and others just want to hate on him, you can say differently but it's evident by many posts. Dude makes a couple of plays, nothing crazy, which you'd think would be enough to soften the "hate" a little bit but no, it's not. He has to improve in many areas but damn you have to say his raw talent was evident last night. He's fast as hell, long wing-span, and good awareness and that's really what we needed to see.

He made a play on 3rd down against Tom Brady to get the damn offense on the field. Even funnier is if dude didn't make any plays ya'll would be blasting him.

I don't "hate" the guy.... just don't like the pick and don't buy into all the hype. 1 blocked pass isn't gonna change that for me. In case you don't know, this is a mesg board where we as Buc fans come to express opinions. You and others have yours, i have mine.

If we all agreed, it would be rather boring, don't you think?

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#413 : August 11, 2007, 04:13:26 PM

A lot of the Simms fans seem to have jumped ship to McCown's all of sudden. :P

Being from Ohio, I've seen enough of what McCown does when real football players are on the field to know that he isn't the answer to anything as a starting quarterback.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#414 : August 11, 2007, 04:37:46 PM

No question.

Historically you've been more positive, that's why it stands out.

#415 : August 11, 2007, 04:56:30 PM

No question.

Historically you've been more positive, that's why it stands out.

When i look at this team, i don't just look at this year... i look down the road and I don't see that nucleus of players that we can wrap our arms around like we did with Alstott, Brooks, Sapp, Lynch, Ronde etc. I see no direction. I see flops in Carnell and Clayton. I see a team with no qb of tomorrow. I see a coach labeled as an offensive genius who's only consistent trait is inconsistency.

I wanna root for this team.... its my team.... the team who's games i used to have to listen to on the radio when i was a kid because the games were blacked out.  I love these guys and i spend my $$ every year so i can be there to cheer them on but i'm also a realist. The direction, or lack thereof, doesn't excite me.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#416 : August 11, 2007, 05:58:22 PM

"Hate" is hater

LMAO!!!

To tell you the truth I barely watched the game after the first quarter.  The only things I was interested in were the lines, and I saw enough to be concerned. 

The O-line looked OK(i.e average) during running plays but they look the usual bottom of the league rubbish we are used to in pass protection.  Hopefully they will gel and get better at the pass and run, and I can live with an O-line that is good at the run and below average at the pass.

The D-line looked insipid IMO.  They barely pressured the passer and without excellent LBer play they would have been ripped apart in the run game.  Hovan is the only D-line player we have that would have a shot being a starter on 50% of NFL teams.  Obviously we hope and expect Adams to be a dominating force but that might not happen overnight. 

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#417 : August 11, 2007, 10:07:20 PM

"Hate" is hater

Can't really disagree with you MJS. However, I will say there was pressure from the front 4 at times. I think what I saw was inconsistency. There were times when the o-line looked dominant. Other times they looked like dogsnit. There were times when the d-line was getting nice steady pressure, other times, the QB had a day and a half to throw.

Inconsistency everywhere on the lines. So that's a concern. I'm not to worried about Garcia, he'll make that throw to Ike nine out of 10 times.

LMAO!!!

To tell you the truth I barely watched the game after the first quarter.  The only things I was interested in were the lines, and I saw enough to be concerned. 

The O-line looked OK(i.e average) during running plays but they look the usual bottom of the league rubbish we are used to in pass protection.  Hopefully they will gel and get better at the pass and run, and I can live with an O-line that is good at the run and below average at the pass.

The D-line looked insipid IMO.  They barely pressured the passer and without excellent LBer play they would have been ripped apart in the run game.  Hovan is the only D-line player we have that would have a shot being a starter on 50% of NFL teams.  Obviously we hope and expect Adams to be a dominating force but that might not happen overnight. 

Page: 1 ... 26 27 28
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Official Preseason Bucs vs. Patriots Game 8/10 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools