Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs are gonna open up a can o' whup ass on the Panthers. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 05, 2006, 11:43:28 PM

Boid, what if Grad isn't the answer? What do we do then next year?
Hope & pray we can draft Brady Quinn.

ROFLMAO.....I have seen Quinn sh1t all over himself in college, he will have a rough couple of years in the pros.

gone

Hall of Famer
#16 : November 05, 2006, 11:43:50 PM

Grads is definately not the answer!
Yeah, Re-sign Simms'.  He played SO much better...

T

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 05, 2006, 11:46:36 PM

Boid, what if Grad isn't the answer? What do we do then next year?
Hope & pray we can draft Brady Quinn.

ROFLMAO.....I have seen Quinn sh1t all over himself in college, he will have a rough couple of years in the pros.
I'd taken Brady Quinn right now over Gradkowski.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#18 : November 05, 2006, 11:58:01 PM

Brady Quinn has bust written all over him.  Overated team with a weak schedule. 

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 06, 2006, 12:00:42 AM

Grads or Simms, it really doesn't matter.   We'll be rebounding next year and all you guys will be saying you knew they could do it all along.   So we had a bit of a down year this season, that happens.   We made the playoffs last year.    Things aren't so bad.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#20 : November 06, 2006, 12:01:35 AM

Grads is more than an adequate game manager, for now.
This season was lost when the defense decided to play "opposite day" on Sundays.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#21 : November 06, 2006, 12:05:16 AM

Bit of a down? You have a way with understatements, Java.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#22 : November 06, 2006, 12:06:09 AM

Grads or Simms, it really doesn't matter.   We'll be rebounding next year and all you guys will be saying you knew they could do it all along.   So we had a bit of a down year this season, that happens.   We made the playoffs last year.    Things aren't so bad.

I disagree Java, things are that bad.  We were not that bad in 2004, and we got the lucky breaks in 2005 but we weren't that good.  This year we are BAD, very bad on both sides of the ball.  The D is aging fast and the O is still a work-in-progress.  I predicted losing seasons for 2007 and 2008.

There isn't an easy answer right now because we have so many holes.  In a couple of years most of the D will be gone and players like Galloway will be history as well.

It is a official folks.......put the sunglasses away, the future is not bright.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#23 : November 06, 2006, 12:11:00 AM

I disagree.   Look at the crappy Saints.   The only major change there was the QB position.   They went from having one of the worst starting QB's in the history of the NFL to having a pretty good QB.   It changed everything.    All of a sudden they're one of the best teams in the NFL.    With free agency (bucs have lots of cap room to work with now) and the draft, they can turn things around very quickly.    All it would take is for Grads to improve at the end of this year or Simms to come back with a vengence, Clayton to turn it around, draft some defensive players and pick up a few free agents.   

T

Hall of Famer

#24 : November 06, 2006, 12:12:42 AM

Grads is a game manager, he isn't a difference maker like Brady, Manning or McNabb. Brady Quinn at least has that potential, Gradkowski is a suitable #2 or #3 but don't kid yourself that this team will rebound quickly. They need offensive line help, WR help, Defensive line help, LB help & DB help. Too many holes for the Bucs to rebound in one year.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#25 : November 06, 2006, 12:15:36 AM

I disagree. Look at the crappy Saints. The only major change there was the QB position. They went from having one of the worst starting QB's in the history of the NFL to having a pretty good QB. It changed everything. All of a sudden they're one of the best teams in the NFL. With free agency (bucs have lots of cap room to work with now) and the draft, they can turn things around very quickly. All it would take is for Grads to improve at the end of this year or Simms to come back with a vengence, Clayton to turn it around, draft some defensive players and pick up a few free agents.
Actually, NO's whole front line is new.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#26 : November 06, 2006, 12:15:44 AM

I disagree.   Look at the crappy Saints.   The only major change there was the QB position.   They went from having one of the worst starting QB's in the history of the NFL to having a pretty good QB.   It changed everything.    All of a sudden they're one of the best teams in the NFL.    With free agency (bucs have lots of cap room to work with now) and the draft, they can turn things around very quickly.    All it would take is for Grads to improve at the end of this year or Simms to come back with a vengence, Clayton to turn it around, draft some defensive players and pick up a few free agents.   

"IF"....the biggest two letter word in the English language.  The Saints have been making steady progress and adding players for a while, and it is paying off.  It is my opinion based on the age and play of the D plus our points difference that this team has a long way to go before it is competitive again.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#27 : November 06, 2006, 12:22:32 AM

Actually the Saints added Brees.  Colston was a rookie steal.

But Brees is the BIGGEST reason for the turnaround in New Orleans, that and the fact they have a home they can play in, and don't get bounced around like some semi-pro team.

#28 : November 06, 2006, 12:34:01 AM

There's no way Gruden is going to put up with this kind of play any longer. I look for the Bucs to manhandle the Panthers next week.

Is Gruden gonna suit up next week?

#29 : November 06, 2006, 12:38:25 AM

Grads is a game manager, he isn't a difference maker like Brady, Manning or McNabb. Brady Quinn at least has that potential, Gradkowski is a suitable #2 or #3 but don't kid yourself that this team will rebound quickly. They need offensive line help, WR help, Defensive line help, LB help & DB help. Too many holes for the Bucs to rebound in one year.

Wouldn't every team like to have a Brady, Manning or McNabb? I'll settle for a Drew Brees.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs are gonna open up a can o' whup ass on the Panthers. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools