Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs are gonna open up a can o' whup ass on the Panthers. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

gone

Hall of Famer
#30 : November 06, 2006, 12:52:50 AM

Grads is a game manager, he isn't a difference maker like Brady, Manning or McNabb. Brady Quinn at least has that potential, Gradkowski is a suitable #2 or #3 but don't kid yourself that this team will rebound quickly. They need offensive line help, WR help, Defensive line help, LB help & DB help. Too many holes for the Bucs to rebound in one year.
This is the kind of statement I love...
What do you base it on?
His stats and overall playing right now are above what you can expect for a rookie.  You compare him to vets, yet never look at what they looked like when they were rookies.  Most rookies aren't even capable of playing to the level of "Game manager".  He's doing what's expected of him and not blowing it himself.  And even with that, the few times this Offense has moved the ball lately, it hasn't been by running it, or even with decent contributions from the run game...
He's made more positive plays than our last QB did, and fewer (far fewer) negative ones.
Here's what today's Rnd one rookie QB Brought:
V. Young   15/36   163   1   3
But Grads is nothing more than a manager.  Man if only we had a stud first round QB right now...

6 TD's in 5 games, 1 int
Yeah, Bruce definitely sucks

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#31 : November 06, 2006, 02:40:34 AM

There's no way Gruden is going to put up with this kind of play any longer. I look for the Bucs to manhandle the Panthers next week.

Is Gruden gonna suit up next week?

So you think Gruden has nothing to do with the outcome of a game?    I guess you need to tell all these people complaining about Gruden that they need to shut up then.

nflinsider

Starter

#32 : November 06, 2006, 08:06:34 AM

There's no way Gruden is going to put up with this kind of play any longer. I look for the Bucs to manhandle the Panthers next week. Who's with me?

Uhhh, have another cold one bra. I don't see a us whuppin anything right about now. As much as I hate to say it, we'll be LUCKY to win another game. Not only do we have an inept offensive, if you haven't noticed, we cant stop anyone either. That's a losing proposition.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#33 : November 06, 2006, 08:22:07 AM

Bucs win, 38-7  ;)

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#34 : November 06, 2006, 08:24:44 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#35 : November 06, 2006, 08:26:26 AM

There's no way Gruden is going to put up with this kind of play any longer. I look for the Bucs to manhandle the Panthers next week. Who's with me?

I love the enthusiasm Java, but they better go to Home Depot and buy the extra strength industrial size can... :o ;D

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

#36 : November 06, 2006, 12:11:04 PM

So you think Gruden has nothing to do with the outcome of a game?    I guess you need to tell all these people complaining about Gruden that they need to shut up then.

He has plenty to do with the outcome of the games but the problems with this team are more than just Gruden and they cannot be fixed in a week.

T

Hall of Famer

#37 : November 06, 2006, 12:48:53 PM

Grads is a game manager, he isn't a difference maker like Brady, Manning or McNabb. Brady Quinn at least has that potential, Gradkowski is a suitable #2 or #3 but don't kid yourself that this team will rebound quickly. They need offensive line help, WR help, Defensive line help, LB help & DB help. Too many holes for the Bucs to rebound in one year.
This is the kind of statement I love...
What do you base it on?
His stats and overall playing right now are above what you can expect for a rookie. You compare him to vets, yet never look at what they looked like when they were rookies. Most rookies aren't even capable of playing to the level of "Game manager". He's doing what's expected of him and not blowing it himself. And even with that, the few times this Offense has moved the ball lately, it hasn't been by running it, or even with decent contributions from the run game...
He's made more positive plays than our last QB did, and fewer (far fewer) negative ones.
Here's what today's Rnd one rookie QB Brought:
V. Young   15/36   163   1   3
But Grads is nothing more than a manager. Man if only we had a stud first round QB right now...

6 TD's in 5 games, 1 int
Yeah, Bruce definitely sucks

I've never said Grads sucks, I just don't see the upside on him. He is a good game manager like Trent Dilfer was for the Ravens, Grads doesn't make many mistakes, but he doesn't make that many great plays either. It's so hard to judge him as of right now just because, everyone around him is so horrible. But from what I've seen Grads isn't a franchise QB. The state of the Bucs right now is in complete disarray, and Grads isn't our only problem.

G-Snake

Rookie

#38 : November 06, 2006, 12:52:53 PM

Bucs couldn't even beat a team who had a terrible run defense, and no secondary. And offensively, the Saints had who...Drew Brees? Reggie Bush was neutralized, so was Deuce, that being said, they didn't have Joe Horn, and they don't even have Stallworth, yet they still put up 31 against this defense. Panthers are better than the Saints, Tampa has to actually learn how to be productive if they want a chance.

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#39 : November 06, 2006, 03:41:57 PM

According to that beacon of knowledge Steve Duemig, Gruden will be embarassed on MNF next week. He said Gruden will crap himself and need diapers and this Monday night game has come at a perfect time so the whole nation can see what an embarassment Gruden and his offense are.... of course I would think he would be more embarassed from crapping himself on TV than about his offense...that's just me  ;)

alstott40

Pro Bowler

#40 : November 06, 2006, 03:48:27 PM

brees really isn't that good. ive watched him for years at san diego

I give the props to the o-line

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#41 : November 06, 2006, 04:03:11 PM

I'd love to think we can win. But after that performance I have lost almost any confidence I had in this team.

For the last decade, if our Offense was poor in a game, we could almost always count on the D to keep us in the game, or at least keep the score respectable. Now, thats just not the case. Our Offense is maybe the worst in Football and I dont even wanna know where our D is.

The Panthers are on a bad run and coming off a bye week. Having lost at home to Dallas they're gonna be hurtin bad.

The way I see it is, that if we go 14-0 down again, we're out. That would be game over. But, if we can take the lead, or at least keep it close for 3 quarters, we would be able to run the ball more which at the moment is the key to our whole game. Running the ball well keeps the D on the bench and wears down the opposition D. Also, even though he hasnt made many mistakes yet, running the football takes the pressure off Bruce.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

#42 : November 06, 2006, 04:10:06 PM

Grads is definately not the answer!

Based on the fact that he's the best performing rookie QB in the league?  Based on the fact that he leads all rookies in Rating, TDs, TDs to Ints ratio, Wins and completion percentage.  He's second in yards and yards per game.  Sooo...what leads you to believe that he's not the answer?

I'm not saying that I know for a fact that he'll be a Pro Bowler, but he has absolutely done enough to stay on the field.  Period.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#43 : November 06, 2006, 04:18:18 PM

I certainly hope you are right, but the way they are playing the defense will drop the can and the offense won't be able to open a hole in it.

#44 : November 06, 2006, 04:38:11 PM

We are going to get flat out...............SPANKED, which is not being negative
more than it is me just being "realistic" about our team this year(they have
pretty much quit on Gruden now).
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs are gonna open up a can o' whup ass on the Panthers. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools