Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trueblood's Consecutive Sacks « previous next »
Page: 1 2

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
« : August 11, 2007, 02:09:54 PM »

Just now got to see them on NFL Network.  They weren't nearly as bad as PR made them out to be in my opinion. 

The first one True rode the guy around McCown just fine.  McCown had nowhere to go with the ball and held it.  Trueblood should have held his block a little longer but that's cleaned up pretty easily with details.  It wasn't him just getting dominated.

The second one looked like miscommunication between Trueblood and Joseph.  It was just as much on Joseph as on True.  You could see after the play that True looked at Joseph like, "What the hell?" 

After having seen it with my own eyes, I'm not nearly as worried about it as I was after reading about it. 

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #1 : August 11, 2007, 02:25:48 PM »

I agree.

marlevr

Second String
« #2 : August 11, 2007, 02:38:36 PM »

The first one McCown scrambled into the rush. On the second one, True went inside but it was too late and didn't get there.

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

« #3 : August 11, 2007, 02:46:41 PM »

I agree with your assesment.

I saw that "What the hell" look as well.

I was at the game last night but I didn't really look for all that I wanted to see. So I watched the game earlier on DVR. I don't believe the offensive line looked anything less than good last night. They played well.

There was a play in the third quarter where we bounced a run to the right and on the opposite side at LG Dan Buenning just man handled the NT and put him on the ground. I was impressed with Lehr at Center also.

Garcia will get comfortable, McCown was solid, Gradkowski still throws terrible balls past 15 yards, he missed a wide open Chad Owens in the middle and his deep attempt should've been to the outside giving his WR the only chance to catch the ball.

Parris Warren deserves more balls his way this preseason. With some game experience, I can see him used like a Charles Lee or even Joe Jurevicious. Basically a guy who can surprise our opponents a few times here and there.

RB's looked great, Darby got beat by a rusher of the LE but in his defense, the ball should've been thrown by the time the defender got off the ground after Darby's nice low block that took the guy down.

Lionel Gates should be cut today IMO, a fumble and a few missed assignments, not needed on this team.

Defensive line looked okay, we had some brightspots, but still no true pressure up the middle without a blitz on passing downs, which we desperately need.

LB's look like they are going to be a very good position for us this season, Winbourn was all over the place.

Defensive backs I think were the brightspot of the whole defense. Will Allen was always around for that extra thump, JP made some good plays on the ball including a nice hit on that seam pass. P-Buc looked comfortable in the T2 zone and Alan Zemaitas had great coverage on that deep ball. Yet, Ronde Barber did get beat a few times by ~sighing~ former Gator recievers. Didn't notice BK much. Which is a good thing IMO.

Matt Bryant whatever the distance, nice to see FG's made here in Tampa. Especially game winning ones.

Play calling was good IMO, Gru's call on that 20 yard inside handoff that Graham bounced outside was of great design. All well as the end around with Mark Jones early in the game that picked up a first down.

Overall grade for the Offense (After Garcia) - B+
171 rushing yards 120 passing yards and 30:00+ time of possesion

Overall Defensive grade - A-
Didn't allow Brady to score, played great defense in our end of the field allowing only one early touchdown.

Offensive Player of the Game - Luke McCown IMO, he moved the offense well, Ken Darby is a very close #2.

Defensive Player of the Game - Will Allen IMO, everytime a takle was made, he was there to add punishment before the whistle. Jamie Winbourn is #2, he was everywhere also.

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

whobdis

Pro Bowler

« #4 : August 11, 2007, 03:10:55 PM »

The knock on McCowan has been his ability to read the D quickly..he has a tendency to hold on to the ball
to long. He did a much better job imo last night. That being said he still tends to hang on to long at times.
This can make the line look poor if he get's sacked. My wife for instance says 'they are still getting sacked!'.
I said 'no..he had a good 4 to 5 seconds..he needs to get rid of it'.
(this is why I should probably go to a sportsbar to watch it)

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

« #5 : August 11, 2007, 03:21:24 PM »

My wife for instance says 'they are still getting sacked!'.
I said 'no..he had a good 4 to 5 seconds..he needs to get rid of it'.
(this is why I should probably go to a sportsbar to watch it)

LMAO

Unfortunetly, she wouldn't let you go without her, nor should you. The sports bar's volume is up fairly loud, so you convienently can't hear anything she says. ;)

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
« #6 : August 11, 2007, 03:34:05 PM »

The first one McCown scrambled into the rush. On the second one, True went inside but it was too late and didn't get there.

My point is that's where Joseph needs to pick up the guy.  He wasn't blocking anybody.  Joseph sort of got in the guy's way and then suddenly left him.  Looked like miscommunication to me.  A "you got him,"..."no you got him" sort of thing.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
« #7 : August 11, 2007, 03:41:19 PM »

I have played o-line and your first responsibility is to protect inside. It's both of their faults. Trueblood has to step inside quicker to seal of that gap. Joseph has to step down to make sure the center has his guy but, the problem came when Wade easily had his guy. Joseph stayed helping out there too long. Once he saw that Wade had his guy, he should have come right back over to help Trueblood.

The lineman was lined up on Trueblood's inside shoulder. That makes it very hard for him to get inside position. That's where a quick jab from Joseph was needed to allow Trueblood to get position. I put the blame on both players there. The guy that got the sack was Truebloods man, but Joseph should have helped out to allow Trueblood to better position himself. After that, Joseph could then continue to watch both sides to see if Wade or Trueblood needed additional help.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

« #8 : August 11, 2007, 03:43:07 PM »

I totally disagree with the second one.  There was no miscommunication.  It was slide protection and Davin had already sold out on his down block with the center.  There was one guy and Trueblood didn't engage him well enough to stop the penetration.

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
« #9 : August 11, 2007, 03:47:21 PM »

Chev...I agree with what you are saying somewhat, but the guy was lined up in the gap. Joseph needed to give a harder punch to slow the guy down just briefly to allow Trueblood to get over. With that being said, Trueblood needed to do a better job of sliding down faster. On that play, Joseph put too much effort helping Wade who already had his guy. As a lineman, when someone gets blocked, you put your head on a swivel and if the guy inside has the block, you have to come back and help outside.

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

« #10 : August 11, 2007, 03:50:12 PM »

The best part of discussion is that it's only about one play...there isn't much more we can complain about from the right side of the line.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #11 : August 11, 2007, 03:51:17 PM »

Trueblood isn't the most talented tackle out there, and he isn't the best pass blocker.  Last season he also drew a lot of penalties as well.  Everyone loves to hate on Yatta but from what I have seen from Trueblood he is hardly an upgrade.  He does have a great attitude and work ethic so he whips Yatta in that department.  Hopefully he can develop and strong partnership with Joseph, and be an adequate tackle.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
« #12 : August 11, 2007, 03:57:48 PM »

whobdis.

It took a few years of "training", but my wife knows that stuff, so I odn't hear it anymore.

In fact she may point out something she thinks I might have missed.

Its great.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
« #13 : August 11, 2007, 03:58:18 PM »

I would say that Trueblood and Yatta are not much of a difference in pass blocking. With that said, Yatta was a veteran and Trueblood is only starting his second year. With that said, Trueblood is a much better run blocking than Yatta ever was. I don't know if Trueblood is going to be our RT of the future, but he's there now and hopefully he improves as he learns. Afterall, it's only his 2nd year. The bottom line is, the Bucs need to do something about their tackles next year...especially if LP continues to have back problems.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

« #14 : August 11, 2007, 04:03:30 PM »

Ok I just watched the play again.  Davin made the right choice as Wade was getting rag dolled by the NT.  The other guy rushing the gap came scott free between Davin who was helping Wade and Trueblood who blocked NO ONE!!!!  Didn't even tough the guy...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trueblood's Consecutive Sacks « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools