Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trueblood's Consecutive Sacks « previous next »
Page: 1 2

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#15 : August 11, 2007, 04:09:18 PM

I will say he looked better as I concentrate on him more.  But largely inconsistant.  That's what kills drives and can be the difference between 6 and 3 as it was last night...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

BayDay39

Second String

#16 : August 11, 2007, 05:34:12 PM

Trueblood isn't the most talented tackle out there, and he isn't the best pass blocker.  Last season he also drew a lot of penalties as well.  Everyone loves to hate on Yatta but from what I have seen from Trueblood he is hardly an upgrade.  He does have a great attitude and work ethic so he whips Yatta in that department.  Hopefully he can develop and strong partnership with Joseph, and be an adequate tackle.

The whole Yatta-Trueblood comparison is ridiculous. It took a kings ransom to get yatta (thanks to McKays obsession with UF players). Not to mention Yatta was in the league 6 years before we cut him loose. Lets give the guy some time to gel before we make assumptions. Gruden was quoted saying Joeseph and True were leaps and bounds better than they were last year.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#17 : August 11, 2007, 05:47:47 PM

Trueblood isn't the most talented tackle out there, and he isn't the best pass blocker. Last season he also drew a lot of penalties as well. Everyone loves to hate on Yatta but from what I have seen from Trueblood he is hardly an upgrade. He does have a great attitude and work ethic so he whips Yatta in that department. Hopefully he can develop and strong partnership with Joseph, and be an adequate tackle.

The whole Yatta-Trueblood comparison is ridiculous. It took a kings ransom to get yatta (thanks to McKays obsession with UF players). Not to mention Yatta was in the league 6 years before we cut him loose. Lets give the guy some time to gel before we make assumptions. Gruden was quoted saying Joeseph and True were leaps and bounds better than they were last year.

No one is writing him off, and commenting on what I have seen thus far.   Obviously experience should help and he will hopefully develop a good understanding with Joseph but when faced with a strong pass rush he is never going to be a pro-bowler.

BTW - If you believe Gruden every time he pimps a player your middle name must be gullible.

Aric

Starter

#18 : August 11, 2007, 06:19:02 PM

Trueblood isn't the most talented tackle out there, and he isn't the best pass blocker.  Last season he also drew a lot of penalties as well.  Everyone loves to hate on Yatta but from what I have seen from Trueblood he is hardly an upgrade.  He does have a great attitude and work ethic so he whips Yatta in that department.  Hopefully he can develop and strong partnership with Joseph, and be an adequate tackle.

Agree with MJS and the girl in his sig on this issue. In pass protection he hasn't really been an upgrade yet. In the run department he is better than Yatta. I think most of us are rooting for him because of the type of player he is also.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#19 : August 11, 2007, 06:22:14 PM

I think most of us are rooting for him because of the type of player he is also.

He has a great attitude, and works really hard.   Hopefully he can only get better with time, especially with a future pro-bowler playing alongside him. 

bveghte

Pro Bowler
#20 : August 11, 2007, 09:41:45 PM

Trueblood is a far better overall RT than Kenyatta was. They were both mediocre in pass protection, but True is a good run blocker and Yatta flat out stunk in that department. Sure, True will get beat once or twice a game in pass pro, but if he helps pave the way for a dominant running game, that outweighs the pass pro issue in my book. With time, he and Joseph will get their communication down well enough that True only gets beat less.

Joseph is unique in many ways. One is that he is always looking to block two guys on each play (as most great linemen do), first a DL and then a linebacker. After taking care of his first block he starts looking downfield. Several times last year I saw a defender run right by him while he was looking downfield. Maybe this is one of those cases of a guy trying to carry the team on his shoulders rather than just doing his own job? Maybe he should look left and right more and less downfield. I have no idea, it's just something I've noticed about Davin.

dmajik85

Hall of Famer
#21 : August 11, 2007, 10:15:08 PM

I agree.

Me too... only caught the last one, but it was an obvious miscommunication. True didn't get dominated as far as I saw.

dodda45

Starter
#22 : August 11, 2007, 11:39:34 PM

I was going to make a similar post after finally seeing the game this afternoon...I agree...The first sack was all on the QB...the second looked like a miscommunication.  Our line looks better...and if Luke comes back, we should be even better.  I also thought Gaines played pretty well...Always has his hands up...made a couple of nice tackles...he did not awkward on the left side, though...I was most disappointed with the pass rush from our other ends. 

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#23 : August 12, 2007, 03:22:17 AM

Whobdis,agree...he has to get that ball out of his hands....he will...the longer he plays........can learn a lot from Garcia.

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#24 : August 12, 2007, 01:02:08 PM

Whobdis,agree...he has to get that ball out of his hands....he will...the longer he plays........can learn a lot from Garcia.
I like Luke alot. The way he's gotten to sit and study the past few years reminds me alot of a Tony Romo type situation.

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#25 : August 14, 2007, 12:31:04 PM

Lets look at Trueblood run blocking. I keyed on Trueblood several times thanks to tivo slowmow. What I saw coinsides with what I think Gruden is seeing. Trublood consistently controls his guy 2-5 yards down the field. If Trueblood can do this then the more inside angle that Caddy can take on an outside run is going to put a lot of pressure on the outside LB and safety. Instead of the DE stringing out and forcing the play to the side lines Caddy is going to be heading up the field.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#26 : August 14, 2007, 12:46:31 PM

Lets look at Trueblood run blocking. I keyed on Trueblood several times thanks to tivo slowmow. What I saw coinsides with what I think Gruden is seeing. Trublood consistently controls his guy 2-5 yards down the field. If Trueblood can do this then the more inside angle that Caddy can take on an outside run is going to put a lot of pressure on the outside LB and safety. Instead of the DE stringing out and forcing the play to the side lines Caddy is going to be heading up the field.

See some folks get the same game I watch.  I'm evidently not the only guy with that feed. wOOT!

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

blitz

Pro Bowler
#27 : August 14, 2007, 10:48:37 PM

Chev...I agree with what you are saying somewhat, but the guy was lined up in the gap. Joseph needed to give a harder punch to slow the guy down just briefly to allow Trueblood to get over. With that being said, Trueblood needed to do a better job of sliding down faster. On that play, Joseph put too much effort helping Wade who already had his guy. As a lineman, when someone gets blocked, you put your head on a swivel and if the guy inside has the block, you have to come back and help outside.

Just got done watching it again and I'm convinced Davin didn't see the guy cuz his hair is too long.  He needs to get it shaved like Trueblood!

Wilson

Practice Squad

#28 : August 15, 2007, 02:22:46 PM

I won't look to much into it.  It was the first game of preseason.  There is rust from all players.  The more he plays the better he will be.  I think the RT position is nailed down for years to come.  We can't deny the guy is a mauler in the run game.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trueblood's Consecutive Sacks « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools