Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden prediction « previous next »
Page: 1

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
« : November 14, 2006, 01:38:33 AM »

If he sticks with Gradkowski in '07, he's gone in '08.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #1 : November 14, 2006, 01:45:39 AM »

Gotta agree with that one.  Gradkowski isn't going to have the playmakers, nor the ability to win games on arm alone.  For that reason, I know Gruden goes back to Simms, or gets a Seneca Wallace, a Schaub, a Brett Favre.  Something.  Favre has as much mobility as Gradkowski does.

Grads would make a nice three or four game replacement.  But he is no saviour, nor is he franchise.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #2 : November 14, 2006, 01:54:11 AM »

If he sticks with Gradkowski in '07, he's gone in '08.
  Yup!

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

« #3 : November 14, 2006, 08:00:47 AM »

If he goes back to Simms he is done as well!

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

« #4 : November 14, 2006, 08:03:29 AM »

I'm not sure I agree. Call it blind faith but Grads still looks like he's the man for this offense. He needs work but what rookie QB doesn't. I think he has less to work on than Simms does.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
« #5 : November 14, 2006, 08:34:07 AM »

I'm not sure I agree. Call it blind faith but Grads still looks like he's the man for this offense. He needs work but what rookie QB doesn't. I think he has less to work on than Simms does.

agreed

watson

Hall of Famer
« #6 : November 14, 2006, 08:38:22 AM »

If not Grads the it will need to be a vet like Favre.  But, I think it will be Grads.  As a rookie he is making enough plays to show promise and changing QBs is not something that JG will want to do if he can help it.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

« #7 : November 14, 2006, 08:53:27 AM »

agreed

I still like him as well.  This is a telling stretch for him, though.  He's had a tough game, leaving a good three TD's on the field.  We asked more of him in this game than in the past, and he didn't come through.  How does he come back?  Does he learn and HIT more of those throws this time around?

I like Gradkowski still, but this stretch is key.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #8 : November 14, 2006, 09:06:29 AM »

If Gruden fails to win next year he will be on his way out regardless who is the QB.  That is why this talk of drafting a QB is silly in my opinion.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #9 : November 14, 2006, 09:19:24 AM »

To early to rule Grads out IMO.

He is a rookie that didn’t get much playtime in TC, and he shouldn’t be playing this season.  The O-line is at an all time low and the receivers are dropping balls and giving up on plays.  Grads shows some promise but he needs to work on a few things.

I think some of you are conveniently forgetting Simms still couldn’t master the center exchange after two years with the team.  That is one of the reasons they brought Hackett in to work with the QBs.  Grads will get the rest of this season as the starter, and he will be in the mix for the starters spot next year.

I doubt Gruden will put Simms back in there and I doubt Simms will want to stay anyway.  If we bring a veteran in they will take a season to learn the playbook, so that doesn’t help us much next year.

Just give Grads the benefit of a full season and TC playing with the starters and he just might be the best option we have next season.  All the expert pundits seem to think Grads has a very bright future but all of you blond hugging armchair coaches want to throw him under the bus…..….go figure…LMAO

simms22

Second String

« #10 : November 14, 2006, 09:29:58 AM »

To early to rule Grads out IMO.

He is a rookie that didn’t get much playtime in TC, and he shouldn’t be playing this season. The O-line is at an all time low and the receivers are dropping balls and giving up on plays. Grads shows some promise but he needs to work on a few things.

I think some of you are conveniently forgetting Simms still couldn’t master the center exchange after two years with the team. That is one of the reasons they brought Hackett in to work with the QBs. Grads will get the rest of this season as the starter, and he will be in the mix for the starters spot next year.

I doubt Gruden will put Simms back in there and I doubt Simms will want to stay anyway. If we bring a veteran in they will take a season to learn the playbook, so that doesn’t help us much next year.

Just give Grads the benefit of a full season and TC playing with the starters and he just might be the best option we have next season. All the expert pundits seem to think Grads has a very bright future but all of you blond hugging armchair coaches want to throw him under the bus…..….go figure…LMAO

You mean all the experts from espn? HA. Im not giving up on Grads, but he cost more points then he he got for us last night. Unless Grads improves alot this season, i think there will be a battle between a FA or drafted qb, grads, mccnown and possibly simms for the starters position. I thought trueblood did a better job than peppers 3 sacks would suggest, and saw him stone peppers a few times FWIW. I think what really has hurt us this year is the lack of impact from our draft picks. Our 3rd and 4th round picks arent even active, we need players we draft to make an impact and they havent.

gone

Hall of Famer
« #11 : November 14, 2006, 11:18:28 AM »

There's always gonna be a battle, we're not gonna go with someone who is having a terrible TC, especially when the difference in performance/ability is so minimal.  As far as costing us more than he scored, what rookie QB hasn't done that?  Caddy "cost us more than he scored" last night too...
It is way too early to judge this kid.  The only thing you can say with certainty is he's played better than you have any right to expect a rookie to play.  He's got weaknesses, no doubt.  He's got strengths too.  It is more likely than not that he is gonna look a helluva lot different after he's had a year of professional coaching...
  Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden prediction « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools