Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why are so many people around here fans since '96? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

cover2cp

Rookie

#45 : November 07, 2006, 05:27:55 AM

Well some people, myself included weren't even around in "the beginning."  Personally I started watching football seriously in middle school (around 96-97), and, being from southern Florida, started rooting for the Bucs because I liked many of the current players.  But that's just me.  I do agree there are far too many fair weather fans from all over who just jump ship as soon as we start to lose.

You couldn't hang if you were a poster

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#46 : November 07, 2006, 05:42:22 AM

Chev, good observation.

Itch nailed it.

Who the hell cares? What a meaningless thread.

original

Pro Bowler

#47 : November 07, 2006, 08:14:24 AM

Ronde.  Don't care.

Chirpy.  Don't care.

8Ball.  Don't care.

Jason.  Don't care.

Matthew.  Don't care.

Jack.  Don't care.

Rusty. Don't care.

4Life.  Don't care.

Guru.  Don't care.

Prefer.  Don't care.

Original.  Don't care.

H-D-E.  Don't care.

gharen.  Don't care.

Turbo.  Don't care.

Every one of you just took yourself down a couple notches in the eyes of real fans who know what being a fan is all about. 

Dalbuc, hood, Alstott.  Right on.

Oh no!  Another message board Bully who thinks less of me because I chose to write how I became a fan yet he claims to be a "real fan".  What exactly makes a "real fan" different?  Could it be your room covered in Bucs stuff?  Could it be your throwback hat?  Could it be your constant pessimism about the state of the Bucs?   Is it your nose up McIrish's rear end?  Is it choosing to leave games when there is time on the clock?  All of the labels people throw around to classify what type of fan they are is just a reflection of their insecurities and the need to feel superior to others.

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler

#48 : November 07, 2006, 08:20:32 AM

Became a fan during the playoff run in 79 as I had moved from NY and was a die hard JETS fan. Endured through the 80's and early 90's as a season ticket holder. Loved and hated the Sombrero. fans were all passionate at least the ones that went. Got screwed in seat assignment in Ray Jay but am still a fan and season ticket holder. I think I have some perspective as to having patience and jumping to conclusions about bad coaching and losing seasons.

creekchub00

Starter

#49 : November 07, 2006, 01:18:32 PM

I have been a fan since 1963! :-)

BucsAddict

Starter

#50 : November 07, 2006, 02:48:07 PM

Everyone comes to a team at different times and different ways. If people were bandwagon they'd have been gone by now. The fact that they're still here tells you they aren't on the bandwagon.

Stop trying to make yourself feel special because you root for a football team.

LOL

==================================================
Gruden: Simms is gonna be a helluva quaterback- unless I screw it up.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#51 : November 07, 2006, 02:52:44 PM

Fan since 1997 here.. ever since I was 9.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#52 : November 07, 2006, 02:54:04 PM

I jumped on the bandwagon after the Bucs won the south last season………..boy am I regretting it now.  ::)

gone

Hall of Famer
#53 : November 07, 2006, 04:10:19 PM

Can I get on the List?  I've been around since I moved here, that's 1994!! Im hardcorer than u r!!!

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#54 : November 07, 2006, 04:25:39 PM

Oh no! Another message board Bully who thinks less of me because I chose to write how I became a fan yet he claims to be a "real fan". What exactly makes a "real fan" different? Could it be your room covered in Bucs stuff? Could it be your throwback hat? Could it be your constant pessimism about the state of the Bucs? Is it your nose up McIrish's rear end? Is it choosing to leave games when there is time on the clock? All of the labels people throw around to classify what type of fan they are is just a reflection of their insecurities and the need to feel superior to others.
You just dont get it "Original" Buc fan.   You talk about labels people throw around, and your own name is "original" Buc fan in reference to how long you have been a Buc fan.  Its some kind of status symbol to some of you that you have been around.  Its like in the movie "Escape from Alcatraz" where the higher up you sit on the steps the higher your status is.   You guys all want to prove that you are the most hardcore in the Buc fan prison so you can have a higher seat on the steps. 

Thats not being a fan. If you are going to be a fan then just be a fan. Get it?

And who is McIrish?

HereComesDaBoom

Practice Squad
#55 : November 07, 2006, 04:26:37 PM

I became a fan in 93 but my definition of a bandwagon fan may differ since I think it is when a team just recently wins a title and all of a sudden you see a person sporting team gear.

I became a fan because of a friend who was and still is Bears fan. He invited me over to watch the game at his house with a bunch of Bear fans. Mind you, I really didn't watch the NFL since I had recently joined the military but to spite him, I said I would root for the Buccaneers. He was livid and commenced to curse the high heavens because I was at his house rooting for the enemy. Needless the say the Buccaneers won and he said I was pathetic since I never watch football and would never root for them again. Since that day I have been a loyal fan. I'm too young to be a fan since 76' so don't knock the fans if they started watching after the logo change. I had one hat before they changed uniforms. I have 8 now. LOL

bOOm

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#56 : November 07, 2006, 04:30:09 PM

Ronde. Don't care.

Chirpy. Don't care.

8Ball. Don't care.

Jason. Don't care.

Matthew. Don't care.

Jack. Don't care.

Rusty. Don't care.

4Life. Don't care.

Guru. Don't care.

Prefer. Don't care.

Original. Don't care.

H-D-E. Don't care.

gharen. Don't care.

Turbo. Don't care.

Every one of you just took yourself down a couple notches in the eyes of real fans who know what being a fan is all about.

Dalbuc, hood, Alstott. Right on.

...and I don't care that you don't care. 

lighten up.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#57 : November 07, 2006, 04:31:20 PM

I will gladly sacrifice for the good of society.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#58 : November 07, 2006, 04:37:46 PM

Ronde.  Don't care.

Chirpy.  Don't care.

8Ball.  Don't care.

Jason.  Don't care.

Matthew.  Don't care.

Jack.  Don't care.

Rusty. Don't care.

4Life.  Don't care.

Guru.  Don't care.

Prefer.  Don't care.

Original.  Don't care.

H-D-E.  Don't care.

gharen.  Don't care.

Turbo.  Don't care.

Dalbuc, hood, Alstott.  Right on.

Not that I could give a care of your opinion of me, Itchalot...if you read my post (and yes, I know it was a lot of reading), I was actually defending folks that have "jumped on the bandwagon".

BucsAddict

Starter

#59 : November 07, 2006, 04:42:47 PM

Ronde. Don't care.

Chirpy. Don't care.

8Ball. Don't care.

Jason. Don't care.

Matthew. Don't care.

Jack. Don't care.

Rusty. Don't care.

4Life. Don't care.

Guru. Don't care.

Prefer. Don't care.

Original. Don't care.

H-D-E. Don't care.

gharen. Don't care.

Turbo. Don't care.

Dalbuc, hood, Alstott. Right on.

Not that I could give a care of your opinion of me, Itchalot...if you read my post (and yes, I know it was a lot of reading), I was actually defending folks that have "jumped on the bandwagon".

I can do one  better. How many people on this board were even around when PR used to do their Annual Saturday Madden NFL challenge in s. tampa?

Bunch of bandwagoners just now coming to this board. pathetic!

==================================================
Gruden: Simms is gonna be a helluva quaterback- unless I screw it up.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why are so many people around here fans since '96? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools