Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why are so many people around here fans since '96? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7

#60 : November 07, 2006, 06:33:54 PM

Itch

Not sure why you referenced me in your "list"....not that it matters.  My point was why should a thread be started about someone leaving a game early?  Tons of "fans" do it every week the Bucs play at home.

My $.02 worth was that the Bucs have had a lot more losing in their history than just the past few seasons (2005 notwithstanding).

BuccoJD

Starter

#61 : November 07, 2006, 07:03:07 PM

Born in 85...I've been going to games with my pops since I was 7.

I missed my first game in Ray Jay this year (because I go to UF...scheduling confilct)

I love this team...and I love all of the TRUE fans out there who no matter how s___ity this team is doing, we still have hope. The fans who cried tears of joy when we won the NFC Championship Game, the fans who once owned an Alvin Harper jersey.

Us TRUE fans have gotten more joy (and sadness) from this team than any bandwagoner will ever get.
Let us take solice in that fact and go on rooting for our 2-6 Bucs. while others try to sell their tickets.

Go Bucs.

#62 : November 07, 2006, 07:12:32 PM

Amen JD.....I had to sell my ATL tix due to vacation scheduling.  Otherwise, I'd be right out there.

gone

Hall of Famer
#63 : November 07, 2006, 08:52:24 PM

Amen JD.....I had to sell my ATL tix due to vacation scheduling.  Otherwise, I'd be right out there.

WHAT?! you SOLD your TICKETS?!?!
You're OBVIOUSLY not a TRUE fan...

#64 : November 07, 2006, 09:10:27 PM

Yeah, I know...I'm a dirtbag that just does not fit in here.  Ask Itch, he'll tell you.....actually, Itch "doesn't care".

#65 : November 07, 2006, 10:20:57 PM

Ronde. Don't care.

Chirpy. Don't care.

8Ball. Don't care.

Jason. Don't care.

Matthew. Don't care.

Jack. Don't care.

Rusty. Don't care.

4Life. Don't care.

Guru. Don't care.

Prefer. Don't care.

Original. Don't care.

H-D-E. Don't care.

gharen. Don't care.

Turbo. Don't care.

Every one of you just took yourself down a couple notches in the eyes of real fans who know what being a fan is all about.

Dalbuc, hood, Alstott. Right on.

I-Dont-give-a-damn

If you are unable to understand the point of this thread, its your own damn fault. This isnt about someone being a better BUc fan because of what year they became a fan, and I coud care less how big a BUc fan ANYONE on this board "thinks" I am. So actually, there is no reason for me to boast about when I became a fan as a tool to prove how diehard I am. If you care enough to post, then read my post in thsi thread and get a clue

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#66 : November 07, 2006, 10:24:22 PM

I sell all my tickets except for a couple of games each year as well.    So I'm no fan by that definition either.    I do spend a couple thousand dollars each year to fly back to Tampa and make it to a couple of games though so I dont sell those games.  

#67 : November 07, 2006, 10:32:11 PM

This is about how everyone is either a fan since '76 or '95. Either you claim to have been around since the begining or you claim to have came around right before we got good. Having been around a lot of football fans inTampa in the ealry 90s I know that a lot of people were Cowboy/Packer/Giants/49ers fans. The majority of people were Cowboy/Packer/Giants/49ers fans. They all lived in Tampa, and looked down on Bucs fans. Then a few years later they are all wearing Bucs jerseys.

I also see a lot of people on here look down on Devil Rays fans. So I was pointing out that I know it is a load of BS that everyone on this mb is a fan since either '76 or '95 and Id just like to hear one person admit they used to clown on BUcs fans and really started watching in '97 when it was "fun" to be a Bucs fan. But whatever, I obviously know no one will admit this even though I know a lot of these people are out there, but I felt like making this thread out of my hate for these people and their llack of loyalty and because they are a**holes for looking down, making jokes and laughing at people for "root, root, rooting for the hometeam"... IN THEIR HOME TOWN

So get over yourself Itchalot, no one gives a damn what you have to say in thsi thread. If you can scan through and make a list of everyone you lost respect for there is no reason to not have been able to get the jist of what I was trying to say

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

#68 : November 07, 2006, 10:38:18 PM

I will never complain about bandwagoners as long as I get to watch every game on TV.

That's a good point.   I never think of that since I go to the games.   But when I was in college, I did have to work some sundays and missed the games since they were blacked out.   That was horrible.

That also points out how poor our fan base was back then. Even with the threat of not being able to see the game at all, people wouldn't go to the games.

I   rember always having to listen to the games on the radio as a kid.
As I got older I didnt mind working on sundays(It was at cove cay golf club).
I would carry mt litttle cassete radio thing that had a radio and listen to the games!

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#69 : November 07, 2006, 10:45:30 PM

Id just like to hear one person admit they used to clown on BUcs fans[/b] and really started watching in '97 when it was "fun" to be a Bucs fan.

I always had fun being a Buc fan.  Even when we were going 2-14, I enjoyed those seasons.    It's people who have low self esteem who must be associated with nothing but a winning team.   Those are the perpetual bandwagon jumpers.    I think it's because they themselves are losers who can't bring themselves to follow a team with a losing record.    The high level of insecurity in their lives makes it impossible for them to be able to endure watching "their" team lose.     They also somehow feel better about themselves by making fun of others who follow those losing teams.    They make fun of people for being Buc fans when the Bucs are bad, but find it quite ethical to quickly convert to being a Buc fan when the Bucs are on top.   They somehow feel they are succeeding by following a winner.   They're a sad bunch, but they are the majority.    

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#70 : November 09, 2006, 12:57:34 PM

I agree. Back in the early 90s when I was a young kid I would go into sports bars in New Port Richey with my dad on Sundays and he would have on his orange Erricht Rhett or Derrick Brooks jersey and people would laugh and joke on him. NOBODY in the entire bar would have a BUcs jersey on. Now when I go in the same bars everyone is a Bucs fan. My dads been a Bucs fan since he moved down here from New York in 1985. I know he was a Buffalo fan before that but I cant recall any memories of him rooting passionately for the Bills when I was a kid inTampa. Im so glad he raised me as a fan of all Tampa teams, wouldnt have had the same childhood if it wasnt for it.

For some reason there seems to be 2 kinds of Bucs fans. Those who were fans since '76 and those who were fans since 2-3 years before the Bucs got out of their 15 year slump, nothing in between. Im not buying it
Discrepancy!!!! Early '90's=1990-1993. Mid '90's=1994-1996. Late '90's=1997-1999. Errict Rhett drafted in 1994. Brooks drafted 1995. How did your dad wear a Rhett or Brooks jersey in the early '90's? Not to mention, you misspelled Rhett's first name. Sounds like a bandwagoner posing.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#71 : November 08, 2006, 12:46:57 AM

I agree. Back in the early 90s when I was a young kid I would go into sports bars in New Port Richey with my dad on Sundays and he would have on his orange Erricht Rhett or Derrick Brooks jersey and people would laugh and joke on him. NOBODY in the entire bar would have a BUcs jersey on. Now when I go in the same bars everyone is a Bucs fan. My dads been a Bucs fan since he moved down here from New York in 1985. I know he was a Buffalo fan before that but I cant recall any memories of him rooting passionately for the Bills when I was a kid inTampa. Im so glad he raised me as a fan of all Tampa teams, wouldnt have had the same childhood if it wasnt for it.

For some reason there seems to be 2 kinds of Bucs fans. Those who were fans since '76 and those who were fans since 2-3 years before the Bucs got out of their 15 year slump, nothing in between. Im not buying it
Discrepancy!!!! Early '90's=1990-1993. Mid '90's=1994-1996. Late '90's=1997-1999. Errict Rhett drafted in 1994. Brooks drafted 1995. How did your dad wear a Rhett or Brooks jersey in the early '90's? Not to mention, you misspelled Rhett's first name. Sounds like a bandwagoner posing.
LMAO!!

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#72 : November 08, 2006, 01:05:50 AM

Va-va-va-vinny and the Bucs, suck.

My Dad and I used to sing that while watching games. We loved the Bucs but it was a funny a$$ song.

I'm not sure why it's such a big deal when someone became a fan. Does it make you a better fan because you were there in the begining? I don't get it. All that matters is your a fan now.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#73 : November 08, 2006, 01:15:28 AM

I'm not sure why it's such a big deal when someone became a fan. Does it make you a better fan because you were there in the begining? I don't get it. All that matters is your a fan now.
I totally agree. You never hear fans of other teams saying that stupid stuff.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#74 : November 08, 2006, 01:18:15 AM

I totally agree. You never hear fans of other teams saying that stupid stuff.

I'm not sure there has ever been a team that sucked as bad as ours for as long as our team sucked.   So we are a bit unique.   We had so few fans during the lean years, it was pathetic.    But if you check the Falcons board or other boards of teams who sucked but got good recently, you'll see the same complaints about bandwagon fans.
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why are so many people around here fans since '96? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools