Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why are so many people around here fans since '96? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

#15 : November 06, 2006, 08:24:17 AM

I have been a fan since '76. I have seen and survived a lot worse than this. Keep the faith, this season may be going in the toilet, but brighter days are ahead. At least we beat the Eagirls this year!!!

Same here Captain...lived in Apollo Beach for a time, went to Kansas City, then returned to the warmer clim'e of FL last year.  Been a Buc fan since the beginning.

hoodsbucs

Pro Bowler
#16 : November 06, 2006, 09:18:29 AM

Who cares how long youve been a fan for...?

Thats what sports is all about.  I had the pleasure moving from England to Australia to America in 1990.  I didnt know the first thing about football untill I was about 16.  I dont know how this makes me less of a fan, but it sure as hell doesnt.

Im sick of hearing how important the fans who have been around since the beginning are.  So what if some people jumped on the wagon?  At least theyre fans and at least they are cheering for our team or any other team for that matter.  

One of the reasons why I joined this board was to get away from the board police and showboats, bucs.com, and talk football with knowledgeable fans...most of you guys.  But some of you like to beat a dead horse....Who cares how long youve been a fan for?!?!  You are no better than the other guy who sits in the last row drinking a warm miller lite.  Get over it!

Thanks

original

Pro Bowler

#17 : November 06, 2006, 11:43:23 AM

I was six when the Buccaneers started playing, and down here is Ft. Myers you only got CBS , NBC and ABC if you were lucky.  CBS was the only one that wasn't a snow storm.  For those who don't remember, the NFC was on CBS.  So I would watch football on our one good channel and it was the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.  I even had an Orange Vest with Bucco Bruce on it.  Around 1982 my family got cable and even though I would watch other games, the Bucs were our choice.  My brother always wanted to watch the Dolphins but I usually won.  So I started watching in 76, but I was too young to really get it.  About '88 I really started watching heavily and paying attention.  I remember when we got Wyche thinking, finally, a coach from a winning team like the Bengals.  Can't be right every day, but it sure was good sometimes.  Once we signed Sapp, I know there would be a Championship.  Oh well, memory lane.

#18 : November 06, 2006, 11:57:15 AM

Ask yourself this....if you were to move away from Tampa Bay and live in say Arizona....would you drop the Bucs and become a Cardinals fan?

I would definitely root for them every week, good or bad, and support them. Not sure if I would/could drop the BUcss, but the more important question is would I go there and laugh at and ridicule Cardinal fans? No way. What kind of schmuck moves tto a new city voluntarily and beats the soul out of people who root for he home team? It happened here for years to Bucs nad LIghtning fans, and guess what its happening to Devil Rays fans the same way. Ill just elave it at that, I wont point out how many "Bucs fans" on this message board give it to us Rays fans, o wait I just did

Great post anyway

#19 : November 06, 2006, 12:01:51 PM

back in the early 80's, my brother and I used to have a game on the tube with the sound off while listening to the Bucs on the radio.

#20 : November 06, 2006, 12:06:42 PM

Moved here in 1992 from Philly, became a Tampa bay fan in '94. never looked back. I believe you live here, you root for your HOME TEAMS. Go Bucs, Rays, Lightning, Storm & Bulls.

Exactly, I dont care when you became a fan. If you come in here and say '92, '05, '81, if you never viciously ripped the fans and teams in Tampa you are ok by me. Its just that I know how many of these "fans sionce '96" people used to laugh at me and puff their chest out and chin high because they were Cowboys fans when I was a BUc fan. If you tell me you became a Bucs fan in '96, and you werent that person I will believe you. But I just get sick of hearing so many people either say they were fans since '76 or '96 and in this day, where the Lightning and Bucs did the impossible and became good muchless won a Super Bowl I still hear tons of Yankee and Red Sox/Bucs/Lightning fans laugh in the face of Rays fans. Its one thing to hope for good things for teh Rays even though you arent a big fan, but to live in Tampa or support one of the winning home town teams and puff your chest out at me for being a Rays fan just defines stupidity in this town

btw, I love the fact that gaes arent blacked out anymore, and I dont have to listen to the BUcs and watch the game thats on Fox with the TV muted so for that I will thank all the bandwagon jumpers. Cant wait until the day I can say the same thing for the RAys, when the house is selling out like the B Ucs and Lightning did and the payroll shouts up near 100 mil. It will happen

#21 : November 06, 2006, 12:11:42 PM

well me personally that is when i moved here!

#22 : November 06, 2006, 12:12:41 PM

I think some need to diferentiate between becoming a fan when the team was good for whatever circumstances you were under, and living in Tampa and bashing Bucs fans for years and then becoming a BUcs fan. I know many people in Tampa arent form Tampa. Both my parents were born in New YOrk. I dont think a fan since '76 is any better than a fan who moved to TaMPA in '97 and became a fan. You are not the people my beef is with. But I will say you are in the minority and the majority of fans since '96/'97 are the asme ones who bash Rays fans now and who bashed Bucs fans in the early 90s

alstott40

Pro Bowler

#23 : November 06, 2006, 12:23:14 PM

does it really matter???

#24 : November 06, 2006, 12:26:02 PM

Does your post really matter? I think you are one of these people alstott40, but hey were 2-6 and your still aorund so no harm no foul

alstott40

Pro Bowler

#25 : November 06, 2006, 12:29:43 PM

Bucs fan for life!!!

Going down with the pirate ship  no worries

wheres the whiskey  ???

#26 : November 06, 2006, 12:31:58 PM

I couldve sore you said in anothe rthread youve been a fan since '96, but whatever. Go Bucs!

alstott40

Pro Bowler

#27 : November 06, 2006, 12:40:23 PM

Im sure no one cares but i have been a fan since 96, i was a freshman and tried out for  the football team, all the guys talked about their teams I didnt have one at the time cuz I only played basketball growing up. Alstott was fun to watch in his prime, didnt want to be raiders fan and didnt want to jump on any bandwagen so . bucs fan from 96' and proud

I enjoy reading up on the history of this team, and I am still learning,

#28 : November 06, 2006, 12:41:56 PM

Cool, you dont really need to explain yourself to me.

alstott40

Pro Bowler

#29 : November 06, 2006, 12:43:00 PM

just people are hard on me for some reason dont know why???

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why are so many people around here fans since '96? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools