Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why are so many people around here fans since '96? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7

alstott40

Pro Bowler

#90 : November 08, 2006, 07:02:57 PM

I live in CA on the other side of the map and am a bucs fan since 96' I have never been on no bandwagon

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#91 : November 08, 2006, 07:10:23 PM

People laughed when I used to where the Creamsicle shirts and jersey's all through elementary school and middle school, and then by about my senior year in 97 when the Bucs started getting "good" and the uni's changed, everyone had Bucs apparel.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#92 : November 08, 2006, 07:41:48 PM

Why are so many people around here fans since '96? -

Cause their liars ...

I don't remember too many at the games in 96 as I was laying back sprawled across 3 concrete rows smoking my cigs watching the game with nobody in reach ... although back then I had the bod to not wear a shirt - oh crap thats why nobody was around me during the 1pm games LOL

I do recall it started to get more crowded in 97 and it has slowly gotten harder to get tix now that its more of a social event for many who can't stand people actually cheering for their team and making noise.

I just remember in the 80's [as a teenager] going to some pretty packed games [although many of the games seemed to have more visiting jerseys than Bucs] but dang it - EVERYONE cheered!  Then when I left for the Navy in 89 and not returning til 95, everything seemed dead and gloomy.  But heck, the people that were there cheered their butts off!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#93 : November 09, 2006, 01:16:17 AM

I liked the Bucs because they sucked back then.

If you have to pick a team, might as well be a crappy one, so no one calls you a "bandwagon rider".  I have never been accused of that.  And if I was, I would laugh my ass off!

bucnut

Hall of Famer
#94 : November 09, 2006, 08:05:02 AM

For me though, when I saw Jon Gruden lift that Super Bowl trophy over his head, when I saw Derrick Brooks weeping, when I saw my Bucs, my lowly, god awful, Bucs win the Super Bowl - the ultimate prize in Sports, it made all the years of belief, all the years of ridicule, suffering, and dissapointment worth it. It was my vindication.

I will always love Tony Dungy and Jon Gruden for that moment.

Ask yourself this....if you were to move away from Tampa Bay and live in say Arizona....would you drop the Bucs and become a Cardinals fan? I've asked myself that question a dozen times. The answer, absolutely not.

Great post, and I'm telling you, when they lifted that Lombardi, I was weeping right along with Brooks. 

I've been a Buc fan since the beginning, living through the lows and highs, and no matter what, I'll remain a Buc fan.  I lived in San Diego for 12 years, but still wore my Bucco Bruce gear proudly.  It sure was hard to find a sports bar that would put the Bucs game on for us, but we finally found one and 4 or 5 of us would crowd into the little corner and cheer on our Bucs. 

I thought the days of "wait 'til next year" were over, but I believe in what our FO is trying to do, and I believe that we'll be contenders sooner rather than later.

Go Bucs!

NFC South BBS Viva la Grudenistas!  GO GATORS!!!

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#95 : November 09, 2006, 01:00:58 PM

I agree. Back in the early 90s when I was a young kid I would go into sports bars in New Port Richey with my dad on Sundays and he would have on his orange Erricht Rhett or Derrick Brooks jersey and people would laugh and joke on him. NOBODY in the entire bar would have a BUcs jersey on. Now when I go in the same bars everyone is a Bucs fan. My dads been a Bucs fan since he moved down here from New York in 1985. I know he was a Buffalo fan before that but I cant recall any memories of him rooting passionately for the Bills when I was a kid inTampa. Im so glad he raised me as a fan of all Tampa teams, wouldnt have had the same childhood if it wasnt for it.

For some reason there seems to be 2 kinds of Bucs fans. Those who were fans since '76 and those who were fans since 2-3 years before the Bucs got out of their 15 year slump, nothing in between. Im not buying it
Discrepancy!!!! Early '90's=1990-1993. Mid '90's=1994-1996. Late '90's=1997-1999. Errict Rhett drafted in 1994. Brooks drafted 1995. How did your dad wear a Rhett or Brooks jersey in the early '90's? Not to mention, you misspelled Rhett's first name. Sounds like a bandwagoner posing.

ROFLMBAO!!!!!

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#96 : November 09, 2006, 06:06:02 PM

This is about how everyone is either a fan since '76 or '95. Either you claim to have been around since the begining or you claim to have came around right before we got good.

So get over yourself Itchalot, no one gives a damn what you have to say in thsi thread. If you can scan through and make a list of everyone you lost respect for there is no reason to not have been able to get the jist of what I was trying to say
Well enough people responded including you.  I have been a Bucs fan since 96 because I moved down here in 94.  I'm a transplant.  I don't like being disrespected, which is what seems to be happening on this thread.   

Its one thing to be a long time Buc fan. Thats great.  Its entirely another thing to look down your nose at those who aren't.  That is what you and others on this thread are doing whether its intentional or not. The result is the same.  There is no reason for you guys to disrespect other fans because they haven't been fans for as long, as if that being a long time fan makes you a better fan.  To think you are special because you went to a few games in the Old Sombrero....well you aren't.   This is pure pomposity.

As has been said.  If there were any bandwagon Bucs fans they are gone now. 

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#97 : November 09, 2006, 06:30:09 PM

This is about how everyone is either a fan since '76 or '95. Either you claim to have been around since the begining or you claim to have came around right before we got good.

So get over yourself Itchalot, no one gives a damn what you have to say in thsi thread. If you can scan through and make a list of everyone you lost respect for there is no reason to not have been able to get the jist of what I was trying to say
Well enough people responded including you. I have been a Bucs fan since 96 because I moved down here in 94. I'm a transplant. I don't like being disrespected, which is what seems to be happening on this thread.

Its one thing to be a long time Buc fan. Thats great. Its entirely another thing to look down your nose at those who aren't. That is what you and others on this thread are doing whether its intentional or not. The result is the same. There is no reason for you guys to disrespect other fans because they haven't been fans for as long, as if that being a long time fan makes you a better fan. To think you are special because you went to a few games in the Old Sombrero....well you aren't. This is pure pomposity.

As has been said. If there were any bandwagon Bucs fans they are gone now.

itchalot.   I don't care

:)

bucs8ball

Starter

#98 : November 10, 2006, 12:51:06 AM

I don't like being disrespected, which is what seems to be happening on this thread.

Get over youself, we were sharing memories not disrespecting anyone.

And yes, I do feel special for having gone to many games at the Old Sombrerro.

If you feel disrespected by that... I don't care!

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#99 : November 10, 2006, 02:42:52 AM

Well... I was a fan since 95 and that is because I had just moved to Tampa from Saudi Arabia. Seeing that American football is not as popular there as it is here (football there is soccer here), I didn't know about it until I started watching a few games. Actually took me a while to get used to football but have been a fan of the Bucs and the game since then. I may have not seen actual games from the old days,but I do know my Buc history fairly well and I will support them through their ups and downs.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#100 : November 10, 2006, 11:41:51 AM

I don't like being disrespected, which is what seems to be happening on this thread.

Get over youself, we were sharing memories not disrespecting anyone.

And yes, I do feel special for having gone to many games at the Old Sombrerro.

If you feel disrespected by that... I don't care!
So saying "Bingo ding dong we have a winner We (the almighty hardcore original Bucs fans) are stuck amonst them (the bandwagoner transplants) is just sharing memories?  Yeah OK.  Thats being disrespectful and arrogant.  There are a lot great Bucs fans who became fans after 1996.   So I don't care that you don't care. And don't tell me you don't care that I don't care that you don't care. Because I'll tell you right now that I don't care that you don't care that I don't care that you don't care. So there.

BucsAddict

Starter

#101 : November 10, 2006, 12:54:26 PM

lol this has to rank as one of the dumbest threads ever on this board.

==================================================
Gruden: Simms is gonna be a helluva quaterback- unless I screw it up.

#102 : November 10, 2006, 04:15:52 PM

lll

zellmiller

Hall of Famer

#103 : November 11, 2006, 11:12:18 PM

I have been a fan since October 30th, 2006 at 10:00am..there have been some lean times, but I have been there through and through.  I have tailgaited at every home game since I have become a fan, in snow, sleet and rain. Through the  100 days in July, and the Thunderstorms in June...I am the ultimate fan.

Huge ego, not a gruden guy,  doesn't use MIKE.
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why are so many people around here fans since '96? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools