Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who's the one Guy... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

john.matincheck

Starter

: August 13, 2007, 04:08:38 PM

If the Bucs could add any player from any team who do you think would make them a legitament contender?

Peyton Manning
L. Tomlinson
Urlacher
Brady
Shawn Merrimen
Walter Jones

I'm not saying they have no shot just wondering if there is one guy that could take them from marginal playoff team to contender single handedly.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#1 : August 13, 2007, 04:24:46 PM

I think the Bucs are fine at WR, RB, TE, OG, LB, and CB. I think S is a little questionable, but with Morris back and making Phillips and Allen better + the two young guys, I think we can live with who we have.

So that leaves QB, OT, C, and DL. The QB is the most important position on the team and I think Garcia will be ok, but if you have the chance to take the best QB in the league, you do it. So with that, I'd take Manning.

Besides Manning, I'd say Walter Jones, but I'd also take a look at someone like Matt Birk at C. It all depends on LP. If he can be healthy, I think putting a Pro Bowl center in the middle would make our line quite good. If LP continues to have back issues then it's a no brainer and you go with a LT. The last option would be a stud DT or DE, but I think our D can still be a top 10 D with who we have and it's more important to significantly improve our offense this year.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#2 : August 13, 2007, 04:43:50 PM

Tom Brady

doesn't need good wrs to run an offense, I'd take him.
I agree I would with Walter Jones after the QB

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#3 : August 13, 2007, 04:48:37 PM

Considering what the Bucs had for a pass rush last season, Shawne Merriman's 27 career sacks in 27 career games would help a lot.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#4 : August 13, 2007, 04:49:38 PM

If the Bucs could add any player from any team who do you think would make them a legitament contender?

Peyton Manning
L. Tomlinson
Urlacher
Brady
Shawn Merrimen
Walter Jones

I'm not saying they have no shot just wondering if there is one guy that could take them from marginal playoff team to contender single handedly.

Can you add a couple of HCs to that list.   ??? :P

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#5 : August 13, 2007, 04:50:47 PM

Manning would have the biggest impact.

john.matincheck

Starter

#6 : August 13, 2007, 05:16:16 PM

I agree QB is the most likely spot to make a huge upgrade but I wonder if this O-line is at the point that a Manning or Brady could be effective. Jones addresses a glaring area of need but I'd think a monster on D like Urlacher or Merrimen would make that unit scary and we have all seen what Gruden and company can do with a dominant D and a marginal O. So I'll go with Merrimen I just think he's the most dynamic player on Defense right now.

T

Hall of Famer

#7 : August 13, 2007, 06:14:43 PM

Either Brady or Julius Peppers, we need better QB play and a pass rush. With both this team would be a playoff team.

john.matincheck

Starter

#8 : August 13, 2007, 06:53:48 PM

It's interesting that the team just took Adams 4th overall, he's played in one preseason game and none of us seem to think he's going to be "that guy".

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#9 : August 13, 2007, 06:57:41 PM

Urlacher.

LtFox

Starter

#10 : August 13, 2007, 07:29:41 PM

Alvin Harper

Ericsbucs371

Hall of Famer

#11 : August 13, 2007, 07:36:31 PM

Tom Brady

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#12 : August 13, 2007, 07:56:17 PM

We need a Quarterback, its as simple as that. Peyton Manning and then we'd have a shot.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#13 : August 13, 2007, 08:27:38 PM

Peyton Manning would make any team an immediate contender.    He's one helluva great QB. 

tonilynn

Starter

#14 : August 13, 2007, 09:23:47 PM

Tom Brady
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who's the one Guy... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools