Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who's the one Guy... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

acacius

Hall of Famer

#30 : August 15, 2007, 05:15:31 PM

You have to go with a QB like Manning or Brady, teams that win SB's with a good defense and an average QB's are one hit wonders, like Us, Ravens, and the Steelers (who had a little help from the ref's IMO).

Even with our team, Brad had the third highest quarterback rating in the league the season we won the Superbowl.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to suggest that we didn't win it on the backs of our defense (Brad's yardage totals were pretty low), but quality quarterback play is HUGE.

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#31 : August 15, 2007, 05:37:34 PM

You have to go with a QB like Manning or Brady, teams that win SB's with a good defense and an average QB's are one hit wonders, like Us, Ravens, and the Steelers (who had a little help from the ref's IMO).

Brady I can see, but he's led a very balanced team that included better than just a "good" defense.

But last I checked, Manning was still a one hit wonder. The reason the Colts got over the hump last year is more attributed to that defense playing lights out during the playoffs. Much better than they played all season. Unless they can sustain that level, and that's unlikely IMO, Manning will remain a one hit wonder..

Not saying Payton or Brady wouldn't make this offense better, that's a no brainer, but unless the defense is playing at a high level, it's just not enough..

That is a valid argument, Manning was a choke artist, but at the same time The Buc's and the Pat's have had better D's than the Colts ever had, and I think even in his choke days (that may be behind him now that he has won the SB) if he were here in 2003-2006 we would have had at least another SB, I think we would have won in 2005 with him againt the Steelers. Then again Garcia & Peppers sounds better than Manning and Adams for the short time anyway and if Garcia's plays up to his stats from last season more so.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who's the one Guy... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools