Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I'll probably be flammed for this « previous next »
Page: 1 2

alstott40

Pro Bowler

#15 : November 08, 2006, 12:29:50 PM

We cant all shine forever
you cant blame him from coming back after last year

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#16 : November 08, 2006, 12:36:37 PM

Remember the old Alstott song they used to play on 98 rock?   It was a copy of the Smashmouth song - Allstar.   But of course with different lyrics.   I always liked that song.   It insults Mike in parts trying to be funny, but it was pretty good overall.

"The girls love number 40, he makes 'em all so horny.   They want to get Alstott in the bed.   Everytime this big guy runs he makes defenses look dumb with imprints of his cleats on their forehead.     He starts to run and he starts to rumble, he'll make a touchdown if he don't f-in fumble.   His arms are big and his ass is tight, but some people say the sucker ain't too bright.      Give him the ball around the goal and he'll guarantee you a touchdown.   Make sure you tell him which direction to go.   His body's fast, but his brain is slow."

"Hey now, we love Alstott.   Makes the defense afraid.   Hey now,  score a touchdown, take a shower - get laid."   

etc. etc......

I still think Alstott has some skills.   He's not where he used to be, but he's still able to help the team.   I'd personally like to see them use him more.   It seems like in the games where we can't do anything, we'll throw a screen to Alstott and he'll plow through 3 guys to gain 9 yards and give us a little hope.    I don't think Gruden ever used him right.   Dungy even had gone almost exclusively with Dunn his last season.   If Alstott had been on the Steelers instead of Bettis, he may be headed to the hall of fame.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I'll probably be flammed for this « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools