Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Not surprised by our record??? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

nflinsider

Starter

: November 06, 2006, 07:51:04 AM

I cant say that I'm all that surprised by the 2-6 record. Most pre-season publications had the Bucs at 8-8 or worse. After all, we had a young QB in Simms that had not yet proved over a 16 game season that he could win in this league. We had a second year RB that everyone had high expectations for but he was still young and learning. Throw in two new starters on the OL and one of the toughest schedules in football and it was easy to see that 8-8 might be a realistic expectation. Now, compound all that by Simms having a season ending injury and oh by the way - his replacement was a rookie 6th round draft pick and all of a sudden 8-8 looked like wishful thinking. But something happened, Gradkowski played well in his first couple of starts and people started to crown his ass (borrowed that from Denny Green) the next best thing. Now a few weeks later we're back to reality. We're 2-6 and looking at the reaming schedule, we'll be lucky to win another game. So, I've said all that to say that it really is about keeping things in perspective. Has Gruden made all the right calls - of course not. But when you really break it down and if you are being objective, than I really don't think being 2-6 is all that surprising. Just my two cents.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 06, 2006, 08:23:59 AM

I cant say that I'm all that surprised by the 2-6 record. Most pre-season publications had the Bucs at 8-8 or worse. After all, we had a young QB in Simms that had not yet proved over a 16 game season that he could win in this league. We had a second year RB that everyone had high expectations for but he was still young and learning. Throw in two new starters on the OL and one of the toughest schedules in football and it was easy to see that 8-8 might be a realistic expectation. Now, compound all that by Simms having a season ending injury and oh by the way - his replacement was a rookie 6th round draft pick and all of a sudden 8-8 looked like wishful thinking. But something happened, Gradkowski played well in his first couple of starts and people started to crown his ass (borrowed that from Denny Green) the next best thing. Now a few weeks later we're back to reality. We're 2-6 and looking at the reaming schedule, we'll be lucky to win another game. So, I've said all that to say that it really is about keeping things in perspective. Has Gruden made all the right calls - of course not. But when you really break it down and if you are being objective, than I really don't think being 2-6 is all that surprising. Just my two cents.
I was expecting anywhere between 7-9 and 9-7.

Obviously, none of the above is anything to write home about, but I did not expect us to suck as bad as we do.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

#2 : November 06, 2006, 08:25:33 AM

Seems I recall a lot of 10-6 and 11-5 predictions.  May have even been a 12-4 stuck in there, which I never understood from the get go.

Now, 8-8 is far fetched and seems so very far away.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 06, 2006, 08:28:09 AM

Seems I recall a lot of 10-6 and 11-5 predictions.

Not form me

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 06, 2006, 08:28:34 AM

I thought 10-6 was attainable, no question, but wow, if you'd have told me this I would not have gone for it.  Not like this and especially yesterday.  I thought they had NO SENSE OF URGENCY yesterday whatsoever...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

#5 : November 06, 2006, 08:31:21 AM

This team is merely sleep-walking right now.  They look confused and have zero confidence.

You have to really wonder when the locker-room begins to erupt.  That is what 2-6 teams do more often than not.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 06, 2006, 08:32:49 AM

This team is merely sleep-walking right now.  They look confused and have zero confidence.

You have to really wonder when the locker-room begins to erupt.  That is what 2-6 teams do more often than not.

That is something we will have to watch for.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#7 : November 06, 2006, 08:42:14 AM

What are they going to erupt about?

Their own stinkin play.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#8 : November 06, 2006, 08:43:11 AM

Well, the guys they talked to in the locker room looked stunned & frankly quite lost.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 06, 2006, 08:44:12 AM

This team is merely sleep-walking right now. They look confused and have zero confidence.

You have to really wonder when the locker-room begins to erupt. That is what 2-6 teams do more often than not.

I don't think the team will erupt. It is what it is and there's too many young guys having to play critical roles for this team. The player understand this. Now if this was a verteran bunch playing like this then you'd have to be careful.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 06, 2006, 08:51:44 AM

I expected 8 wins. So that's still possible, though unlikely.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 06, 2006, 08:53:18 AM

Their own stinkin play.

All it takes is some finger pointing in the opposite direction.

#12 : November 06, 2006, 08:54:13 AM

Their own stinkin play.

Certain personalities will find something.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 06, 2006, 08:57:55 AM

Seems I recall a lot of 10-6 and 11-5 predictions.  May have even been a 12-4 stuck in there, which I never understood from the get go.

Now, 8-8 is far fetched and seems so very far away.

There were a lot of 12-4 predictions, and everyone had us winning this year.  I was the only poster on the board that thought there was a very good chance we would have a losing season because we weren’t that good last season. 

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 06, 2006, 09:00:01 AM

As I have said before Gruden may have a chance to stick around one more year to turn around this ship but if the team looks flat like this from this point foward and the young offense does not show improvement I would not be suprised if the Glazers pulled the trigger and fired Gruden after this season.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Not surprised by our record??? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools