Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Second play.... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

rowdie

Hall of Famer

: August 14, 2007, 11:01:16 AM

We're always disagreeing with what we see on the field in a global sense. Who can or can't block, who gets open,  and so forth.

So first preseason game I'm at the thing so I've only seen one play on TV were I could review it. I believe it was the second play from scrimmage. Anyone remember? Anyone still have the game tivo'd? 

I'm just wondering if we can agree on one play.

Looked to me like Davin's guy on kind of a delayed blitz ran right the eff by almost like Davin didn't exist.  The rest of the line did a good to great job blocking especially Alex smith who blocked the all get out of Air.  Seriously, Air didn't stand a chance of getting to our QB.  So now Davin's guy has forced Garcia to run. He does a good enough job of buying some time but his change in position now gives the right side of the rush an angle on him and a man who was previously blocked pretty well is on Garcia's case. He moves a little father right buying fractions more time but Alex Smith is still so tied up blocking Air that he's not there as an outlet and Garcia wisely tosses the ball in the dirt.

The replay I got didn't have a good angle on down field players so I have no idea if any of the WRs were open.

Grade out,  Davin - almost a -- minus but he wasn't close enough to the guy so his attempt to hold failed. Rest of the line + to ++

Garcia, don't know 'cause I can't see down field, but from what I saw give him even or a +

Alex Smith - -  While he did a great job blocking Air he failed to ever release and make himself available to the QB.

What did others see on that play?

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#1 : August 14, 2007, 11:09:01 AM

Seriously, Air didn't stand a chance of getting to our QB.
LOL This post cracked me up

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#2 : August 14, 2007, 11:23:36 AM

I think Alex Smith was suprised that he was not needed to stay in and didn't know what to do.  Come the reguler season he will be needed to block that Juilus Peppers guy.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#3 : August 14, 2007, 11:29:50 AM

I gotta make fun or I'd have to cry. 

The defender he was kept in to block turned around and ran away from the line of scrimmage.  So what does the brainiac from Stanford do?  Stand there in blocking stance, kind of like an old video game where they didn't have enough ram to program more then three stances, till the QB toss it in the dirt. Buddy never looked to help anyone block,  never looked to make himself available for a pass, nothing.  Every other professional offense the moment the TE's responsibility fell into coverage the TE would have gone into a pattern.  When the QB scrambled the TE would have been a HUGE target. It would have ended up being a positive play possibly a very nice positive play, 10+ yards.

Instead incomplete and Smith looking no smarter then a 16 bit genesis OT.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#4 : August 14, 2007, 11:39:32 AM

I think Alex Smith was suprised that he was not needed to stay in and didn't know what to do

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#5 : August 14, 2007, 11:44:26 AM

I think Alex Smith was suprised that he was not needed to stay in and didn't know what to do

Errr....

Like I said, no smarter then a 16 bit offensive Tackle. shoot Intelivision guys might have been brighter but they weren't spreading that 4 bits over a full 22 players. That game was only like 5 on 5 or 7 on 7 at best.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#6 : August 14, 2007, 12:52:07 PM

So on the same show they aired some defensive plays as well.  One where the pats ran right. Anyway, Hovan pushed up in the middle then turned to pursue the play and got ruined by a lineman. Just absolutely wrecked. To steal an ESPN take, He got Jacked up! 

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#7 : August 15, 2007, 10:12:30 AM

So, all these posters claim to tivo and rewatch games and on and on and they all seem to disagree at the end of the games, but none of 'em want to break down this one play? 

If we're going to talk serious football we should attempt to get on the same page.  or not maybe that wouldn't be as fun.

Anyway, I take back what I said about Alex in some other thread. He can block....  air as good as anyone I've ever seen.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#8 : August 15, 2007, 10:32:22 AM

Looked to me like Davin's guy on kind of a delayed blitz ran right the eff by almost like Davin didn't exist. 

That's how I saw it. Rewound it four times last night to see if Davin made an inside step toward the nose to help out the Center, but couldn't tell.

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#9 : August 15, 2007, 01:05:47 PM

I don't think anyone deserves an A for effort in the NFL. They are professional football players and they should know what to do. It was an incomplete pass so the QB can't possibly get an A+. Try being a bit less optimistice. I know you want Garcia to be the savior and it's not that he did a bad job on that play, but to give him an A+ for an incomplete pass is crazy.

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#10 : August 15, 2007, 01:10:52 PM

I don't think anyone deserves an A for effort in the NFL. They are professional football players and they should know what to do. It was an incomplete pass so the QB can't possibly get an A+. Try being a bit less optimistice. I know you want Garcia to be the savior and it's not that he did a bad job on that play, but to give him an A+ for an incomplete pass is crazy.
I thought you said Davin Joseph was a bad pick? Will you be going to his Hall of Fame induction ceremony?

Sgt.Shultz

Hall of Famer

#11 : August 15, 2007, 01:15:09 PM

I thought you said Davin Joseph was a bad pick? Will you be going to his Hall of Fame induction ceremony?

ABF, why even bother with BornaBuc....all hes going to do is complain how this team is horrible and its all Gruden's/Allen's fault and say the problem is the players dont like them so they are doing this intentionally. All he does is just sours the punch when he posts.

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#12 : August 15, 2007, 01:41:24 PM

4-12 sours the punch. Not me. You can thank Gruden/Allen for that, you were correct there. Also, yes at the top of the 2nd round Davin Joseph was not the best pick IMO. You might want to hold off on inducting him into the hall of fame just yet. Especially since our QB got his spleen taken out because our offensive line was so bad last year. It's not looking much better this year either. Garcia 1-4 for 4 yards and he looked like he was being chased like he stole something out there.

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#13 : August 15, 2007, 01:43:44 PM

Especially since our QB got his spleen taken out because our offensive line was so bad last year.

LOL.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#14 : August 15, 2007, 02:04:56 PM

4-12 sours the punch. Not me. You can thank Gruden/Allen for that, you were correct there. Also, yes at the top of the 2nd round Davin Joseph was not the best pick IMO. You might want to hold off on inducting him into the hall of fame just yet. Especially since our QB got his spleen taken out because our offensive line was so bad last year. It's not looking much better this year either. Garcia 1-4 for 4 yards and he looked like he was being chased like he stole something out there.
If you had a clue, you would know that our starting O-line for the "Spleen" game was Davis, Buenning, Wade, Mahan, Walker. It is now Petitgout, Sears, Lehr, Joseph, Trueblood. Nice try dip shlt, but it wasn't our current O-line's fault Chris lost his spleen.

Davin Joseph........
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Second play.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools