Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Big 12 Signs That Chris Simms Is Just About Done With The Bucs « previous next »
Page: 1 2

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#15 : August 15, 2007, 01:39:34 PM

Nice attempt at spin.

I see how it is with you guys. If Simms says he's healthy and Gruden/Allen says he's not, then they're "inventing an injury" to keep him out of the lineup. If Simms says he's healthy and Gruden/Allen agree with that assessment, they're obviously covering up the fact that he's still injured.

Sgt.Shultz

Hall of Famer

#16 : August 15, 2007, 01:47:22 PM

Nice sig too BornaBuc, you actually think people talk your word to be anything less then credible? Jesus you are into yourself. The whole f**king point of following a team is to watch them play and support them. Not **CENSORED** every other f**king day like you do. Seriously if you hate your team so much get a friggin new one and stop telling us why you think Gruden did this or that. Go up to Atlanta and be a Dirtybird and complain about every decision the FO makes and praise your Vick idol in your closet.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#17 : August 15, 2007, 01:52:47 PM

He isn't "football" healthy?  Healthy is healthy.  Period.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#18 : August 15, 2007, 01:58:41 PM

Boid:

"My body is definitely 100 percent healed."
- Chris Simms, 8/3/07

"I'm not like the Chris Simms before the injury, but it's just a matter of time."
- Chris Simms, 8/14/07

Hmmm. Seems to me that the Chris Simms "before the injury" was 1 TD and 7 INT's and had a QB rating of 46. So it's just a matter of time...

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#19 : August 15, 2007, 02:03:46 PM

Boid:

"My body is definitely 100 percent healed."
[/b]- Chris Simms, 8/3/07[/b]

"I'm not like the Chris Simms before the injury, but it's just a matter of time."
[/b]- Chris Simms, 8/14/07[/b]

Hmmm. Seems to me that the Chris Simms "before the injury" was 1 TD and 7 INT's and had a QB rating of 46. So it's just a matter of time...
Not going to disagree with you.

Simms has had his chance, and I rooted for him like crazy.  Time to move on, IMO.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#20 : August 15, 2007, 02:20:06 PM

You coolaiders are all alike. I'm sure you still think Gradkowski is the answer because Gruden put him in. How about Griese? Rob Johnson? Players are going to say they're healthy. Simms wants to play football. Being healthy is one thing but being football healthy is another. It's obvious that his football health is suffering because his mechanics are off. He already said his elbow pain was from trying to stay away from using his body to make throws so he used his arm only and it started to hurt. I'm sure I can dig up quotes of many players saying they were 100% healthy following an injury who were suffering the same problems. Culpepper comes to mind.

"I love to gripe because I am miserable and misery loves company."
-bornatroll, Every post

45-50 other QBs around the league have sore elbows/shoulders during TC. Were there that many spleenectomies?

Maybe this is the NFL where only the "best of the best'' are good enough, and Simms just isn't in that category.  Why invent conspiracies to explain a simple fact. Simms doesn't fit.  

next there will be some conspiracy linking Gruden/Allen to the D-Rays stinking.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#21 : August 15, 2007, 02:33:15 PM

Simms has had his chance, and I rooted for him like crazy.  Time to move on, IMO.

I did, too. A very likable young man.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#22 : August 16, 2007, 08:47:29 AM

Weeks ago, Allen insisted that there was nothing wrong with Chris's arm.

Today, with Ron and Ian, Gruden corrected one of the hosts saying..."He is healthy, let me be clear on that."

I think that the Bucs are posturing a release of Simms under the scope of performance. He has cleared physicals. There are no comparative situations for Chris's recovery. The Bucs look at him as healthy. An unhealthy Chris means an expensive Chris to release.

My prediction: Chris will be released, and The Bucs will try to escape any type of injury settlement
Simms lost his splean during a game less than a year ago
No he didn't. He lost his spleen.

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#23 : August 16, 2007, 11:58:29 AM

We're going to need Simms this year. Our offensive line is still stinking and Garcia is old. Don't cut Simms just yet because we're really going to stink when Garcia goes down and we're left with Gradkowski and McCown.

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#24 : August 16, 2007, 12:27:54 PM

We're going to need Simms this year. Our offensive line is still stinking and Garcia is old. Don't cut Simms just yet because we're really going to stink when Garcia goes down and we're left with Gradkowski and McCown.

McCown > Simms.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#25 : August 16, 2007, 12:35:09 PM

McCown>Grads>Some guy cut by another team next week>Simms.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#26 : August 16, 2007, 02:12:03 PM

Good point. If Garcia goes down, our season will be over, and we should want the best draft pick, so put Simms in and we'll be in the race for Darren McFadden.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Big 12 Signs That Chris Simms Is Just About Done With The Bucs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools