Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Zemaitis? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 21, 2006, 10:17:32 AM

yeah i think winborn should be in rotation with brooks.

I think WInborn is almost 30. Should we grooming Brooks replacement with a 30 year old?

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 21, 2006, 10:18:11 AM

I actually like Cash. I think he has some potential.

gone

Hall of Famer
#17 : October 21, 2006, 12:23:16 PM

I do not care if he is toasted or not.  It makes no logical sense not to have him active on gamedays.  Same goes for Winborn.  I mean if you do not play them this year (Winborn will leave) and you will not know what you have in Zemaitis for next year. 
Z doesn't need PT, he needs time.  What he needs to learn right now can be learned as well in practice as in a game.  Once he's got a thorough understanding of the defense, then let him polish it in a game.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#18 : October 21, 2006, 12:32:50 PM

yeah i think winborn should be in rotation with brooks.

I think WInborn is almost 30. Should we grooming Brooks replacement with a 30 year old?
  27. not 30

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#19 : October 21, 2006, 12:35:45 PM

Strait a pro bowler... hahahaha. Its like saying Brackins will be a pro bowler... oh wait he has so many we loss count

Na man.. Strait if given the oppurtunity is really good. He didnt get along well in NY but he has SERIOUS potential.

Zemaitis not ready? In what aspect? He surly has to be better than Cox!
Ronde Barber almost got cut his rookie year!!! Why is that a lot of fans expect college kids to just come right in and dazzle everyone with their performances??? He was a 4th round pick you know.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 21, 2006, 12:36:58 PM

Strait a pro bowler... hahahaha. Its like saying Brackins will be a pro bowler... oh wait he has so many we loss count

Na man.. Strait if given the oppurtunity is really good. He didnt get along well in NY but he has SERIOUS potential.

Zemaitis not ready? In what aspect? He surly has to be better than Cox!
Ronde Barber almost got cut his rookie year!!! Why is that a lot of fans expect college kids to just come right in and dazzle everyone with their performances??? He was a 4th round pick you know.

true.....and not many DBs have got to grips with the Monty's D in their first couple of years.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#21 : October 21, 2006, 01:51:09 PM

He played in a very similar system for four years, team captain and All American.  He should be dressing now - and he is not.  That indicates he is not ready for D nor STs - which is not a good sign.  JMHO.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#22 : October 21, 2006, 02:06:26 PM

He played in a very similar system for four years, team captain and All American.  He should be dressing now - and he is not.  That indicates he is not ready for D nor STs - which is not a good sign.  JMHO.

I think it falls back on the coaches. They have been reluctant to play players who they probably should have been playing in the past, and this season it has really shown through that they are unwilling to play people because of loyalty to others. Should Zemaitis play? Probably not right now, but there is no reason why he can't get in there and contribute on special teams. I heard the knock on Stovall was about special teams but guess what? He played special teams in the Saints game and seemed to do a really good job.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#23 : October 21, 2006, 02:12:27 PM

We have had Barber and Kelly plus Bolden and Cox on game days.  It is unrealistic to expect a 4th round rookie to come in a push players out straight away.  If Kelly goes on IR Zemaitis should be active on gamedays though IMO.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#24 : October 21, 2006, 02:19:47 PM

We have had Barber and Kelly plus Bolden and Cox on game days. It is unrealistic to expect a 4th round rookie to come in a push players out straight away. If Kelly goes on IR Zemaitis should be active on gamedays though IMO.

It would be more likely if we knew his uniform would fit him.  He must have some issue since no one has seen him on the field since PS. 

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#25 : October 22, 2006, 11:14:56 AM

i hope zemaitis pans out and becomes a key D player for this team, at least i hope, and we pick up Briggs or Clements in the offseason

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 22, 2006, 11:22:15 AM

I think it falls back on the coaches. They have been reluctant to play players who they probably should have been playing in the past, and this season it has really shown through that they are unwilling to play people because of loyalty to others. Should Zemaitis play? Probably not right now, but there is no reason why he can't get in there and contribute on special teams. I heard the knock on Stovall was about special teams but guess what? He played special teams in the Saints game and seemed to do a really good job.

I agree with you 100%.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#27 : October 22, 2006, 12:28:22 PM

Players play, coaches evaluate.  Pretty clear that current evaluations don't give merit to Z or Stovall getting on the field.  Unless players are not getting the instruction they need to learn their jobs, the rest is on them, not the coaches.  Got to do the job on during the week to get to play on Sunday. 

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Zemaitis? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools