Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: KW sounds scared to rile up Peppers and Jenkins « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

barberandbrooks

Practice Squad

#15 : August 14, 2007, 07:29:25 PM

what we did with walker is the same thing we're doing with trueblood, which is why true is never going to be good either

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#16 : August 14, 2007, 07:34:31 PM

The kid was a killer ROT in college DTG - the attitude was always there.  The move to LOT was beyond him - then the bitterness came out - with the stupid statement - like the one in first post. 

Nope. The guy walked into One Buc with an attitude problem. Talent or not was meaningless in his case. He got a big payday which gave him a big head and that was the end of that.

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#17 : August 14, 2007, 08:02:04 PM

what we did with walker is the same thing we're doing with trueblood, which is why true is never going to be good either

"We" did nothing.  If Walker sucks, that's Walker's problem not ours.  If Walker commits 5 false starts in one game, that's Walker's problem, not ours.  Actually, they were a problem for us, that's why he is no longer a Buccaneer.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#18 : August 14, 2007, 08:13:21 PM

The kid was a killer ROT in college DTG - the attitude was always there.  The move to LOT was beyond him - then the bitterness came out - with the stupid statement - like the one in first post. 
He wasn't that good in college. He got by with no technique by being better than the average SEC defender but when he found out what NFL defensive linemen are like, he either didn't have the talent or the work ethic to be able to match up.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

MyInnerFan

Hall of Famer
#19 : August 14, 2007, 08:17:26 PM

IMO,

We screwed up Walker.

He was not a LT and we forced him to try to be a LT-and we were wrong.

Not the first time the Bucs have attemted to do that----and failed.

We just don't learn.

[/quo
IMO,

We screwed up Walker.

We just don't learn.

What do you mean we don't learn?  We're not switching RTs to LTs, we're switching them to Guards, Guards to Centers and CBs to WRs.  See, plenty has been learned.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#20 : August 14, 2007, 09:23:29 PM

IMO,

We screwed up Walker.

We just don't learn.

considering he's a horrible run blocker he really isn't a RT either.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#21 : August 15, 2007, 01:10:43 AM

Walker sucks in many areas.

I think his play speaks for him.

He thinks by spouting he was the "starting" RT, that that really is a measure of why the Bucs were in the SB to begin with?

Johnson had a quick release anyway.  Good thing for him. 

And that defense absolutely scared people.  Last I knew, Walker did not play defense. (Unless he was tackling guys as a result of a Griese pick in the flats...)

Walker can kiss my butt.  I loathe the guy.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#22 : August 15, 2007, 11:24:35 AM

Stan, you've got to be joking. If the short-lived move to the wrong position ruined him forever, then the guy doesn't have the mental capacity to play in this league.

The blame for his play rests with Yatta.

The blame for his presence on the roster goes to the personnel side for not kicking the tires hard enough to realize that this was an immature idiot (and also the LT part of it).

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#23 : August 15, 2007, 11:38:40 AM

Quote from: yatta
"They only won one Super Bowl over there..

Which is one more than your current team has won, ever!
Or 16 other teams, ever!
or 27 other teams this century.

HeHateMe

Rookie

#24 : August 15, 2007, 11:41:20 AM

What is this guy the T.O. of offensive linemen?

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#25 : August 15, 2007, 11:52:37 AM

I agree with Uncle Stan.  The switch messed him up beyond repair.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#26 : August 15, 2007, 12:10:51 PM

I agree with Uncle Stan.  The switch messed him up beyond repair.

I can't disagree more. It's plain dumb to think a talented player is going to get "messed up" because he has to play one end of the line and then another. Most college players have played multiple positions, and some have switched from offense to defense and vice versa, and some have even played BOTH WAYS.

I played end. I played tackle. I stood up and played LB. Hell, I played OG and even FB.

No, I'm sorry. "The switch messed him up" is an excuse, and a very poor one at that.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#27 : August 15, 2007, 12:27:44 PM

Heh. Here's an interesting pre-draft article on Walker:

http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stories/041901/jag_5951526.html

Interesting that Walker was there when the Jags picked, but they skipped him anyway.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#28 : August 15, 2007, 12:32:27 PM

Kenyatta Walker not only looked respectable at RT in 2006 but above average (and he was injured).  Not only that it would not suprise me if he surrendered the least amount of sacks in the games he did play in 2006.

So I know I really disagree with the idea that a player is the same player with a position change.

I am hoping Buenning can still be Buenning at center but so far that is not the case.  Steussie looked 100 times more comfortable playing left tackle than right tackle.

The list goes on and on.

Jamall Brown made the switch from RT to LT in the pros even though he was projected to play RT at the NFL and drafted as such by Haslett.  But at least Brown had the background of playing LT in college (hear than ABuccs?) for his "new" position in the NFL.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#29 : August 15, 2007, 12:39:26 PM

Tom Condon, Walker's agent:

"Kenyatta has probably gained around 15 pounds now. And he's worked with an NFL position coach, Tom Brejnihan, for weeks on end in terms of his technique. So he played right tackle with Florida. And I think a lot of teams are going to project him as a left tackle. He's that gifted of an athlete."
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: KW sounds scared to rile up Peppers and Jenkins « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools