Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: OSU still dwelling on Florida loss « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#15 : August 20, 2007, 08:44:24 AM

SEC was pretty bad prior to Florida landing Spurrier. Many years Bama was the bell of the ball. It is a natural cycle.
The point is even when Florida was a barely bowl eligible team through a lot of the 80s, they still had elite talent like Emmitt Smith, Trace Armstrong, Louis Oliver, Jarvis Williams, Ricky Nattiel, Neal Anderson, Lomas Brown, etc. You don't have that kind of talent on the also-ran teams in other conferences.

And "prior to Florida landing Spurrier", the SEC finished with 2 teams in the top 10 in 1980 including national champions Georgia, 2 teams in the top 10 in 1981, 3 teams in the top 10 in 1983, New York Times/Sporting News/ etc. national champions Florida in 1984, 2 teams in the top 5 in 1985, 2 teams in the top 10 in 1986, and 3 teams in the top 10 in 1989. 5 different teams finished in the top 10 between 2 and 5 times in the 80s. (And I'm not including Arkansas as they weren't SEC at the time but they had some top 10s, too.)

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

bucnut

Hall of Famer
#16 : August 22, 2007, 08:14:19 PM

The best thing the Big 10 (11) could do is get rid of that excuse maker commish y'all have in Delany.  He's holding you back! 

*Hey Buc Buckeye, haven't been to the College Board in a while, but I'll be around more!  I really don't care for Delany, but what say you?

NFC South BBS Viva la Grudenistas!  GO GATORS!!!

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#17 : August 22, 2007, 11:16:45 PM

I couldn't agree with you more on Delaney BucNut, and it's good to see you back here...I haven't come here much either - but both seasons are kicking off, so this thread pulled me in for some reason - probably pulled you in for exactly the opposite reason ;)

You're one of those "gracious Gators" BucNut - I imagine it does make it easier when you win !

I also think we could have learned a lot by playing Wisconsin earlier in the season.

Incomparable sig by Incognito

matt

Starter

#18 : August 24, 2007, 02:30:34 PM

BTW OSU didn't even play the toughest team in their conference-Wisconsin.

Michigan played Wisconsin and handled them easily last year.

T

Hall of Famer

#19 : August 25, 2007, 10:29:47 AM

BTW OSU didn't even play the toughest team in their conference-Wisconsin.

Michigan played Wisconsin and handled them easily last year.
Good for them. They are a quality team and should be very good this year.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#20 : August 25, 2007, 05:14:17 PM

I think both Wisconsin and Michigan will be very good this year - and they will play this year.

OSU lost a lot more than a game last year - we'll be rebuilding.

T

Hall of Famer

#21 : August 25, 2007, 05:18:54 PM

I think both Wisconsin and Michigan will be very good this year - and they will play this year.

Easy to rebuild with the schedule they will be playing this year

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#22 : August 25, 2007, 07:02:45 PM

Easy to rebuild with the schedule they will be playing this year

Other than Wisconsin and Michigan - and maybe Illinois

Your're right

matt

Starter

#23 : August 25, 2007, 10:01:04 PM

We have to play them in Madison this year. That should be the most difficult game of the year, but the Ohio State game will be tough too. Hopefully, Lloyd can finally get stop Tressel from having his number.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#24 : August 26, 2007, 12:55:44 AM

We have to play them in Madison this year. That should be the most difficult game of the year, but the Ohio State game will be tough too. Hopefully, Lloyd can finally get stop Tressel from having his number.

Tress always seems to have Lloyd's number - it will be harder this year than ever

but the Badgers will be very good

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: OSU still dwelling on Florida loss « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools