Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: SIMMS PREPARED TO SIT OUT 2007 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
: August 14, 2007, 09:02:21 PM

Just wanted to give you a head's up that Chris Simms told PewterReport.com after practice on Tuesday afternoon that he is prepared to sit out the 2007 season if the Bucs cut him, rather than sign with another team. Here are the quotes and a link to the story:

"I'll do whatever I have to do," Simms said. "If I have to sit out a year, I'm totally prepared for it. I really am. I have a long, long career in front of me.

"If [I do get cut] – and I hope that doesn't happen, trust me – but if it does happen, I'm not going to go anywhere else until I feel like I am ready to play again and to feel like the old Chris Simms again."

http://www.pewterreport.com/articles/view/3215

Lord Bortles

Hall of Famer

#1 : August 14, 2007, 09:11:43 PM

If this happens our #1 pick better be a QB!

RD 1) QB B. Bortles/ T. Bridgewater/ J. Manziel
RD 2) WR Kelvin Benjamin/ A. Robinson/ D. Adams/ M. Lee/
RD 3) OG D. Dozier/ C. Richardson/
RD 5) WR D. Archer/ J. Huff/ M. Davis/ TJ Jones/ R Grant
RD 6) OLB P Shembo/ R. Powell/ - DE A. Lynch/ M Sam  RD 7) G B. Thomas (injured)

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#2 : August 14, 2007, 09:11:49 PM

That's the best thing for him.

Cheers

Pro Bowler

#3 : August 14, 2007, 09:25:55 PM

All the best Chris.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#4 : August 14, 2007, 09:28:39 PM

Yeah he needs to sit out, he clearly has no shot at making the team this year. A year off can be used to regain his throwing form in a more relaxed setting rather than trying to do so at training camp under mass amounts of pressure.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#5 : August 14, 2007, 09:34:58 PM

Honestly who's going to sign him?  It's not like we are deep in QB talent and he can't even beat out Gradkowski for the 3rd string postion here.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#6 : August 14, 2007, 09:41:02 PM

I think the mystery as to why Simms re-signed with the Buccs instead of testing FA is now revealed.  He knew all along he might not be ready for the 2007 season and he took the money and ran.

missy427

Second String
#7 : August 14, 2007, 09:51:39 PM

I hope that if  he does get released,that he takes his time and gets back completely healthy before he gives it a go again.I give him alot of credit for trying to come back as he did,but you can see it is not there.Teams are always looking for quarterbacks,so a healthy Chris Simms may be able to help one in 2008.He also has other responsibilities which may be more important than football(ie:family, etc.)that reqiure him to be in good health.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#8 : August 14, 2007, 10:13:01 PM

Simms shouldn't be part of our future. Ideally, we draft a QB in 2008 and that person becomes our starter in 2009.

In Verner We Trust

JC510

Practice Squad

#9 : August 14, 2007, 10:49:32 PM

Yeah he needs to sit out, he clearly has no shot at making the team this year. A year off can be used to regain his throwing form in a more relaxed setting rather than trying to do so at training camp under mass amounts of pressure.

"he clearly has no shot at making the team this year."

Did you see that duck Gradkowski threw the other night? If you put a 10 year old at QB and told him to throw a pass thats what it would have looked like.

No doubt Simms is in trouble, but he still has a shot.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#10 : August 14, 2007, 10:59:48 PM

Now the attempted signing of Plummer makes more sense.

I don't think Simms' health is in question. Just his ability to be an NFL QB.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#11 : August 14, 2007, 11:04:39 PM

Actually, both UFO.

In Verner We Trust

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#12 : August 14, 2007, 11:12:51 PM

How is his health in question? I have rotator cuff issues that keep me from doing a ton of hand held
camera work. It affects my career. Not my health.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#13 : August 14, 2007, 11:23:22 PM

"he clearly has no shot at making the team this year."

Did you see that duck Gradkowski threw the other night? If you put a 10 year old at QB and told him to throw a pass thats what it would have looked like.

No doubt Simms is in trouble, but he still has a shot.

Yeah JC, but the problem is this, Gradkowski was able to throw that pass because he was actually on the field. Simms didn't get a single snap in a preseason game. If that's not telling then I don't know what is.

Do you really believe Simms has a shot at a roster spot over Gradkowski and Luke? I would say I have a better chance of winning the lottery every week for the next 50 years.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#14 : August 14, 2007, 11:38:07 PM

Do you really believe Simms has a shot at a roster spot over Gradkowski and Luke? I would say I have a better chance of winning the lottery every week for the next 50 years.

I think he has a chance to beat out Gradkowski.    Then again, I think a one-legged goat would have a chance of beating out Gradkowski.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: SIMMS PREPARED TO SIT OUT 2007 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools