Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: SIMMS PREPARED TO SIT OUT 2007 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#30 : August 15, 2007, 01:59:42 PM

Many were critical of Gru-Allen for having so many Qbs on the roster. Now we see why. As far as Chris Sims saying,

The mystery wasn't why they were signing QBs, it was why they were trying to sign a retired QB
Signing a retired player is fine. But trading a 4th round draft pick for one is not.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#31 : August 15, 2007, 02:11:20 PM

Maybe he is thinking that Gruden won't be here next season, maybe Mike thinks that too

You obviously don't know Mike.

You can be simple and take everything Gruden says as Gospel, I take everything that comes out of his mouth and out of the Buc's in General (while he is running the show) with a grain of salt. If they cut him I am sure he will find a job regardless of the fact that you want the guy homeless, he will walk away with $3M and a smile and will get a job somewhere. We on the other hand will be stuck with a 37 year old QB, and 2 backups that seem to look good in Pre-season against scrubs. The fact is unless we get a miracle Gruden will be looking for a job next season. Not only are our best defensive players on their last leg, but unless Adams plays lights out we will need our front 4 and a LB or two to put any presure on the QB. Our secondary is questionable at best. I think 7-9 would be about a good as we can hope for in realistic terms.
Its ok those those of you that think Gruden can do no wrong, can just follow Gruden and be fans of the team he is an OC for next season.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#32 : August 15, 2007, 02:36:45 PM

You can be simple and take everything Gruden says as Gospel, I take everything that comes out of his mouth and out of the Buc's in General (while he is running the show) with a grain of salt. If they cut him I am sure he will find a job regardless of the fact that you want the guy homeless, he will walk away with $3M and a smile and will get a job somewhere. We on the other hand will be stuck with a 37 year old QB, and 2 backups that seem to look good in Pre-season against scrubs. The fact is unless we get a miracle Gruden will be looking for a job next season. Not only are our best defensive players on their last leg, but unless Adams plays lights out we will need our front 4 and a LB or two to put any presure on the QB. Our secondary is questionable at best. I think 7-9 would be about a good as we can hope for in realistic terms.
Its ok those those of you that think Gruden can do no wrong, can just follow Gruden and be fans of the team he is an OC for next season.

What does any of that have to do with my refuting of your ridiculous and unfounded speculation regarding Mike Alstott? Deflection, maybe?

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#33 : August 15, 2007, 03:00:27 PM

What does any of that have to do with my refuting of your ridiculous and unfounded speculation regarding Mike Alstott? Deflection, maybe?

Alstott was just a side note, an added bonus that you seem to have made the main topic though the thread was about Simms and most of my comments were about Simms. I do happen to find the Alstott situation questonable, I am not saying for certain something was done wrong, its just that the Buc's since Gruden has been HC have done a few things out of the norm, not the least of which kicking a FG with a few seconds....nevermind, and the usual...Lynch, Sapp, Keyshaen, Keenan, Rice, now Alstott, and Simms being healthy. You can sit there and explain and justify each one, but I find when faced with a situation that require more than 1 or 2 justificaions, there is a problem.
For every person like me that won't fall for the okie doke, there are 10 that will buy a get rich in 10 days infomercial product.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#34 : August 15, 2007, 03:15:05 PM

I do happen to find the Alstott situation questonable

Well, that tells us a lot.

its just that the Buc's since Gruden has been HC have done a few things out of the norm, not the least of which kicking a FG with a few seconds....nevermind, and the usual...Lynch, Sapp, Keyshaen, Keenan, Rice, now Alstott, and Simms being healthy. You can sit there and explain and justify each one, but I find when faced with a situation that require more than 1 or 2 justificaions, there is a problem.

Seems like you're inventing things to create a perception you wish to promote. Sadly, you're living in fantasy land. This is the NFL we're talking about.

Lynch, what justification is needed?
Sapp, what justification is needed?
Keyshawn, what justification is needed?
McCardell, what justification is needed?
Rice, again, what justification is needed?
Alstott, clearly no justification required.

Groovatron

Pro Bowler

#35 : August 15, 2007, 03:24:55 PM

Now I understand all the jokes I hear about the intelligence level of players from the U.

skip

Starter

#36 : August 15, 2007, 03:45:57 PM

From what I understand the Bucs have guaranteed money to Simms whether is here or not. If thats the case why not place him on the IR? I heard Gruden say he is not injured, which is bull**CENSORED**. If he can't properly throw a football because of surgery to remove his spleen then he is not 100% and would justify going on the IR. Its obvious to me that Simms is not a Gruden guy, he does not fit this so called west coast offense which Gruden has mastered here.  I say keep Simms and let what could a new head coach next season take a crack at him. We are already 15 mil. under the cap. If Simms is cut then I for one will not be happy.

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#37 : August 15, 2007, 03:50:58 PM

I do happen to find the Alstott situation questonable

Well, that tells us a lot.

its just that the Buc's since Gruden has been HC have done a few things out of the norm, not the least of which kicking a FG with a few seconds....nevermind, and the usual...Lynch, Sapp, Keyshaen, Keenan, Rice, now Alstott, and Simms being healthy. You can sit there and explain and justify each one, but I find when faced with a situation that require more than 1 or 2 justificaions, there is a problem.

Seems like you're inventing things to create a perception you wish to promote. Sadly, you're living in fantasy land. This is the NFL we're talking about.

Lynch, what justification is needed?
Sapp, what justification is needed?
Keyshawn, what justification is needed?
McCardell, what justification is needed?
Rice, again, what justification is needed?
Alstott, clearly no justification required.

Of course to a Gruden mark as yourself, there is clearly nothing up with anything that happens around here.

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#38 : August 15, 2007, 03:52:16 PM

Now I understand all the jokes I hear about the intelligence level of players from the U.

Yeah University of Miami School of Architecture is ranked even with M.I.T's and right behind Harvard but OK..

superbuc

Practice Squad
#39 : August 15, 2007, 04:05:25 PM

From what I understand the Bucs have guaranteed money to Simms whether is here or not. If thats the case why not place him on the IR? I heard Gruden say he is not injured, which is bull**CENSORED**. If he can't properly throw a football because of surgery to remove his spleen then he is not 100% and would justify going on the IR. Its obvious to me that Simms is not a Gruden guy, he does not fit this so called west coast offense which Gruden has mastered here. I say keep Simms and let what could a new head coach next season take a crack at him. We are already 15 mil. under the cap. If Simms is cut then I for one will not be happy.

I stick up for Gruden in most cases, but, he's acting like Slick Willy in this instance with Chris.  Many players are seemingly fine one day and the next they're on IR for "acute knee tendonitis".  IR is different that PUP.  If they wanted to tomorrow they could say he has an acute rectus abdominus (ab muscle) strain and he could go on IR.  It's semantics.

Here's an excerpt on Rice from last year to prove my point:

The exact nature of the injury, suffered on Oct. 8 at New Orleans, has never been divulged. In recent days, though, both Rice and coach Jon Gruden strongly suggested the three-time Pro Bowl performer might need surgery to correct it. While it has not been confirmed Rice will undergo surgery, the move to place him on injured reserve certainly indicates that is a strong possibility.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2672135

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#40 : August 15, 2007, 04:06:27 PM

Well, let's see:

Lynch opted to leave when he refused to take a backup role. Sapp left when the Bucs couldn't pay him because his replacement was given a cap-killing contract by the former GM (Gruden absolutely did not want Sapp to leave). Keyshawn got on lots of people's nerves at One Buc, Gruden was only one of them (the one that counted most, it turned out). McCardell made the exact same statements about the Jaguars when he was there. Rice is hurt, has been hurt, and that's obvious (I guess the teams lining up to snap him up prove the Bucs were wrong). Alstott isn't physically able to go, and the Bucs have generously put him on IR so he'll still get paid.

The only conspiracies going on are the ones invented by people who are looking to find conspiracies, or those people looking to drive radio ratings.

Consider yourself educated.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#41 : August 15, 2007, 04:08:54 PM

Before Simms can go on IR, I believe a Dr has to certify that.

His Dr and the team Dr say he's healthy.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#42 : August 15, 2007, 04:10:06 PM

I stick up for Gruden in most cases, but, he's acting like Slick Willy in this instance with Chris.  Many players are seemingly fine one day and the next they're on IR for "acute knee tendonitis".  IR is different that PUP.  If they wanted to tomorrow they could say he has an acute rectus abdominus (ab muscle) strain and he could go on IR.  It's semantics.

The exact nature of the injury, suffered on Oct. 8 at New Orleans, has never been divulged. In recent days, though, both Rice and coach Jon Gruden strongly suggested the three-time Pro Bowl performer might need surgery to correct it. While it has not been confirmed Rice will undergo surgery, the move to place him on injured reserve certainly indicates that is a strong possibility.

The big difference is that both coach and player were saying Rice was injured. In this case, both are saying the player is 100% healthy.

superbuc

Practice Squad
#43 : August 15, 2007, 04:15:57 PM

I stick up for Gruden in most cases, but, he's acting like Slick Willy in this instance with Chris. Many players are seemingly fine one day and the next they're on IR for "acute knee tendonitis". IR is different that PUP. If they wanted to tomorrow they could say he has an acute rectus abdominus (ab muscle) strain and he could go on IR. It's semantics.

The big difference is that both coach and player were saying Rice was injured. In this case, both are saying the player is 100% healthy.

Agreed - point is, if Gruden/Allen wanted to put him on IR and pay him, they would and could.  Again, I'm a Gruden fan, but, it's clear he's clearing the way to cut Chris as opposed to give him the year to continue working his way back.

I think Chris can be good in the right system, maybe, it's for the best he's cut.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#44 : August 15, 2007, 04:18:16 PM

Agreed - point is, if Gruden/Allen wanted to put him on IR and pay him, they would and could.  Again, I'm a Gruden fan, but, it's clear he's clearing the way to cut Chris as opposed to give him the year to continue working his way back.

Well, if you've got three other QB's you like better than him, it's best to cut him loose because his trade value is ZERO.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: SIMMS PREPARED TO SIT OUT 2007 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools