Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: SIMMS PREPARED TO SIT OUT 2007 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#45 : August 15, 2007, 04:37:00 PM

Agreed - point is, if Gruden/Allen wanted to put him on IR and pay him, they would and could. Again, I'm a Gruden fan, but, it's clear he's clearing the way to cut Chris as opposed to give him the year to continue working his way back.

Well, if you've got three other QB's you like better than him, it's best to cut him loose because his trade value is ZERO.

I agree with that...  but get it over with already.  It's clear the guy is just wasting space on the roster.

superbuc

Practice Squad
#46 : August 15, 2007, 04:37:45 PM

Agreed - point is, if Gruden/Allen wanted to put him on IR and pay him, they would and could. Again, I'm a Gruden fan, but, it's clear he's clearing the way to cut Chris as opposed to give him the year to continue working his way back.

Well, if you've got three other QB's you like better than him, it's best to cut him loose because his trade value is ZERO.

True.  Just pointing out if Gru had long-term plans for a player, he'd take those steps.  Since he's not in Gru's plans, it's probably best they part ways.  

On another note (and I know you didn't say this DTG), it seems a little cynical to say Chris signed in the offseason for the money knowing he may be cut.  If I remember correctly, he was attending practices, games, and meetings as soon as he was able.  He's been staying late for more work based on reports.  If you're just about money, you don't do those things.  Plus, I think Phil raised him better than that - Phil would probably kick his ass if he thought he was sandbaggin'.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#47 : August 15, 2007, 04:44:32 PM

On another note (and I know you didn't say this DTG), it seems a little cynical to say Chris signed in the offseason for the money knowing he may be cut.  If I remember correctly, he was attending practices, games, and meetings as soon as he was able.  He's been staying late for more work based on reports.  If you're just about money, you don't do those things.  Plus, I think Phil raised him better than that - Phil would probably kick his butt if he thought he was sandbaggin'.

Like you said, I didn't say that but I will offer my own two cents: I think Chris signed with the intent to play, however I also think that he knew his open market value would have been limited due to the injury and his ridiculously poor start prior to getting hurt. Opponents in 2006 had gotten a "read" on Simms and believe me, everyone knew the book on him. Only Simms can fix that.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#48 : August 15, 2007, 11:57:30 PM

On another note (and I know you didn't say this DTG), it seems a little cynical to say Chris signed in the offseason for the money knowing he may be cut.  If I remember correctly, he was attending practices, games, and meetings as soon as he was able.  He's been staying late for more work based on reports.  If you're just about money, you don't do those things.  Plus, I think Phil raised him better than that - Phil would probably kick his butt if he thought he was sandbaggin'.

Not suggesting anything underhanded by Chris Simms however signing that deal in December was the safer thing for him to do. You might be able to make the same statement from the Bucs standpoint....and that is the reason for the agreement at that time.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

buckit

Hall of Famer

#49 : August 17, 2007, 01:42:42 PM

This kid's career is over. 

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: SIMMS PREPARED TO SIT OUT 2007 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools